White mildew fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White mildew fix?

im a new grower. I came back from vacation to find what I’m assuming is white powdery mildew so I’m treating it as such. Cut this branch and some others as they are pretty badly covered. The other branches aren’t as bad so I wiped off the WPM and they will be fine. I saw a video of a guy giving WPM branches a H2O2/H2O bath to remove WPM. Anyone try this? I’m skeptical but I have a pretty small yield so I don’t want to waste if possible.
    Thanks

Hey JonnyG I started this thread a few days ago. Vinegar is my latest WPM weapon.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...93-wpm-success
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

I can tell you the H202 does not work

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm going to agree with you Rwise . My go-to for so many things, for so long, H202 is not all it thought it was.

Thanks for the input.
      Seems to me these buds are trash.
      I’m glad it didn’t overtake the whole plant.
      Lesson learned,

Comment

I too cut buds from a sick girl yesterday, it happens

Comment

I disagree if you spray peroxide on it daily it oxidizes the fungus and stops it from growing, I had wpm on the bottom of my pots last year and it worked. Being on and in your buds I don't know if it would be the same outcome adding all that moisture doesn't seem right when you're fighting mold, luckily I saw it before it got my plants. Before I was told to use peroxide I did alot of reading on how to deal with wpm and milk n water mix was the most talked about but with milk you want to spray it in the middle of the day in direct sunlight because the light does something to the milk and that's what kills it, there's over the counter stuff I saw that was a copper based mix of some sort. I've had this pic in my tablet since then it's a different mix that they said to use, I don't remember where I got it. There was something about a bunch of different oils that were listed like fish oil, sesame seeds oil, neem, there was more I just can't remember them. I sure hope you win the war with this shit, good luck
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

If i did use the formula like the one posted by MeEasy with the peroxide i would us it but not with any lights for 24hrs if indoors. No strong spectrum shade for me would be ok natural lighting open tent but not strong lights. ICU for 24hrs
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I was spraying twice daily, and every morning it was back, then it got worse, clip clip.

Comment

I'm one who caught WPM when it was just trying to get a hold of my late flower plants. It worked with double daily applications. The excess water from the H2O2 spray was shaken off, and the plant put in a breeze to help dry the excess.

However, my plumeria experiment was completely different. H2O2 and water didn't do a thing. That took the vinegar.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6
                Nutes
                CalMag

Comment

I use a product by Safer's - Garden Fungicide - I spray on plant at first white blotch I see. Works well and I have used well into flowering.
                  ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                  Mars Hydro
                  Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I just started using Trifecta Crop Control for WPM. After 2 applications it's getting better.
                    5x5 Gorilla tent
                    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                    Technaflora nutes
                    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Looks like it’s going to take over the whole plant. The hairs are about 75% white, 25% red on the top buds that haven’t been affected yet. Is it worth salvaging what I can when the buds aren’t ready yet?

Comment

• MeEasy
                        MeEasy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Without seeing it closer I can't be 100 but it looks like it has 4-6 weeks left but I'm not there to see how bad the mold is. If you feel that you are losing the fight it might be time before you lose it

These are from the top of the plant. Is that mold or trichomes? I appreciate all the help here. Again, I’m a newbie at this just trying to salvage anything I can.

Comment

I don't see any WPM - I know what it looks like - and that isn't WPM. Trichomes is what they are - they are the best thing cuz they produce THC and other stuff.

Your pics when you first posted certainly looked like WPM then.
                        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                        Mars Hydro
                        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I had some spider mites and a white powder stuff on my plant at the same time, used neem oil and got rid of it all. Not sure if that helps with this but got rid of mine

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X