Flush with super soil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flush with super soil?

How will I eventually flush large pots? I'm growing in a very nice compost mixture and the plants are very large, aband healthy.

I had to bring them indoors as its now too humid and cold outside and last year I lost everything to bortrytis. This is my second attempt.

I don't want to drown the roots and raise the humidity levels in my make shift grow room but flushing this grow medium would take a lot of water.

WilI I even need to flush with this kind of soil? It's very similar to the super soils I read about here with lots of biological activity.

I was adding liquid nutrients throughout veg and the first 2 weeks of flower but now I'm thinking about ceasing that and using only a compost tea made from molasses water inoculated with compost. Maybe even use that for flushing of that's what should be done.

If you're using super soil, you shouldn't have to flush or add nutrients.

Comment

Sounds like they can be moved outside for the flush, however organic soil does not need it, but the added nutes may.

Comment

The reason for flushing is to wash the unused nutes (salt buildup) out of the soil. The nutes in the soil causes the ph of your soil to drop just like when you add the nutes to water. If you are no longer using salt based nutes there's no need for flushing. I'm just learning about organic growing so I can't tell you which amendments are necessary to keep everything in balance. I'm using a premixed organic product that is supposed to have what I need and I'm trusting it does 🤞. Just add water lol
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X