Tragedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tragedy

I feel a little nauseous. I was looking at this plant's buds and what I thought were browning pistols were actually bud rot. The biggest ones were about 8 ft off the ground so I couldn't really get close to see them. I lost about 1/4 of the buds. I've never dealt with this before. Should I toss the whole plant or try to salvage some of the clean buds that are left. Don't think I can leave what's left to finish. Nebula says better to cut my losses. Some milky trichromes. I wanna cry.

😱 depends on how much is infected... cut and destroy any infected buds, if half a bud is bad cut it in half. If it's not to bad you can leave what's not infected to mature if you are ok with the maturity then cut it down and wash the buds good before hanging to dry. Make sure you keep everything away from other plants because that shit will spread and I mean change clothes before you walk by another plant lol clean all tools with alcohol.
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks MeEasy. Just afraid of it spreading to the rest of the plant. It's in the ground so not much else I can do. Damn dew pts in the 70's all summer, RH in the 90's every morning. Awful year .

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Defoliation cut off alot of the leaves to help with extra airflow, maybe grab something to tie the branches apart staking them to the ground away from each other for airflow, anything you can do to keep each branch from touching. And the rot just inspect everything best you can cutting off all of the rot... I would definitely do some research on bud washing I've never done it but more and more outdoor growers are doing it and since you already know there's a problem I think it's a good idea

Oh no!!!!!

Comment

I've plucked and cut out bud rot lots of times. Not on that tall of plant cause i usually super crop a biggen ;0) but if it's not gray looking along the stems and branches i just cut away the mold/rot and branches leave the plant. I wack so many leaves off this time of year as they get close to harvest sometimes you have to take lots of low volume branches out and inside leaves. We have low foggy mist today with the f-ing smoke from fires might rain they say so we are prime for oily fat buds and colas getting rot. That's why mine look thin the care it takes to grow those giants healthy to harvest man it's a full time job.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal good to hear your voice, I worry about you guys over there with the damn fires. Rain probably sounds good even with the thought of wet buds. Stay safe 👁

Thank you our woes are nothing it's the lives and homes of our community that's been leveled. We are just living with the smoke and ash, it's nothing but a war zone 15mi away very sad.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Being an outdoor grow you might want to check for bud worms. They can resemble bud rot. The caterpillar hatches in the bud and feeds on the insides of the bud. Check around bud sites for the telltale black poop droppings. I just recently had this happen on 2 of my plants. The caterpillars can be very very small so you have to look closely.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey crucialbunny. Actually found two of those bastards. They were definitely chomping on the bud. Green in color with stripes. The rest was definitely bud rot. So disappointing. I carefully removed all I could find and then some. Gonna try to mature a little more but if I see anymore I'm hacking it down

man, sorry to hear that. Lots of bud rot going on in all areas of the country. This is definitely a hard year for the outdoor crops. When you chop them, they can easily spread spores to the remaining buds. Be gentle and try to bag the branch before you cut it. If the bud rot is primarily in the upper colas, hopefully you can chop the plant by a third, defoliate a bit for more airflow and then let the lower buds mature and hopefully remain bud rot free.

Scary idea, but if you have a couple plants and aren't sure how this will turn out, maybe harvest one now and then see if you recover the other one.

Comment

I tie the big girls down, take the low limbs pull em down stake/tie em so there is air flow through the plant* (yes I brake a limb sometimes, and tie it back in place). Trim as needed to keep air flow, and add a fan, while the dew is on. I just trimmed all the trees behind my girls, the air move better now.
          *Like this BB3

Comment

• ChadWestport
            ChadWestport commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. Budding up well!

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanx but it was to show the training, she is not my ripest plant.
            I too have lost buds to rot this year, 2 big fat ones from the SSK, crap.

Sorry to hear of your bud rot issues Bowhunter, sucks for sure. Outdoor grow season rapidly coming to an end, could be time for you to take them all down.
          Weekend weather ahead, frosty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	end is nye.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	448261
          "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey GreenState. Man that's cold. In CT only down to 40 for the lows thru next week. then back up. Just want a few amber but It's not looking good.

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            Plus our bow season starts tomorrow so something to keep my mind off the plants for a while.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd be rigging covers! I could take 3 of 11, the others aint ready yet.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X