WPM success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPM success

Two teaspoons of apple cider (Heinz Apple Cider Flavored Distilled) vinegar in a quart of water seems to have gotten rid of WPM I had been battling for many months. I was losing better than a leaf a day. None yesterday or today and I don't see anything new. It's not a pot plant but a good to know if I get it on one.
    Last edited by Gingerbeard; 09-11-2020, 10:30 AM.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

White vinegar or cider? Thanks for the info!
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Cider. Thanks. I need to add that to the first post.

I just found a small maze of whitefly on one leaf. It didn't seem to be active.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

From what I understand is that Neem oil once a week or Neem cake sprayed on your leafs will eliminate that issue. This coming from a man in Oregon where he claims and backed by scientists that they have more mildews than anywhere in the 50 states. He says he has been powdery mildew free for years. He also laughs and encourages you to educate yourself on Neem if your one of those who believes Neem will harm you because it’s poison lol. Maybe we are immune to poison here because we drink Neem leaf tee and does nothing but good.

Comment

Ricin is in the castor plant, which also produces castor oil. Arsenic is in brown rice. Cyanide is in apple seeds. I don't like Neem oil because it stinks like rotten garlic. I also don't like Neem oil because it didn't work for WPM or whiteflies.

I don't doubt your myriad mildews Cali . I am about 35 feet above the ground. My outside plants get direct onshore ocean breezes and fog. The temperature is always hotter or colder on the patio, depending on where the sun is. The same plants that grow below don't grow up here. Of the various plants out there, it's only the plumeria with the issues. Succulents are pretty much fool proof. Dumb cane. Asparagus fern. Absolutely no issues. The plumeria were brought to me healthy and got nasty pretty quick.

I can also use the vinegar spray to help with sunburn after being in the sun too long.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

I know two tablespoons a day keeps belly fat in check.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Who are you calling fat quirk ? Are you calling me fat?

• quirk
            quirk commented
            Editing a comment
            Gingerbeard, unfortunately I was referring to my panzon.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, maybe I am a little fat. Just a pooch, really. Maybe should take a look at the vinegar for pooches. Thanks for not calling me fat. I'm
            super duper sensitive. You introduced me to 'panzon.' Mexican neighbor Sergio will be so delighted I learned a new word.

I'll have to give the vinegar a try, peroxide dont work.
          And I'll stay clear of neem as there is to much evidence its bad in flower.

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Darn Rwise I panicked a few weeks ago and I sprayed some organic neem on most of my buds because of a aphids infestation,,, Now I'm not sure if I completely scarp my grow..! Getting too old for this kind of stress.

Name yer poison Rwise .

I made another post, that fizzled, about what dead WPM looks like. Thanks to SoOrbudgal for being the only person to respond. It looks like dead WPM doesn't look like anything.

Then there were also the distorted leaves. I never gave them much thought other than being part of the WPM. It might have been some sort of mite. Come to think of it, I didn't give the bud sites much thought, either. Just thought they were dirty. Whatever was going on is not going on. I am very encouraged.

There is a large hedge of hibiscus on one of our walk routes. Dabber likes to sniff under them. Which would be cool. It would be cool if the hedge weren't covered in whiteflies. My vinegar bottle is coming with me on our next walk. There are unattended cherimoya, loquat, and citrus trees with different stuff. It's time for 'speriments. It's time for spritzing. Most every person in this area knows me and wouldn't think twice about what I was doing.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Do keep us updated on the hedge and what happens when you spray it!
            BTW I grow Caster's to get rid of pocket gophers, or at least the ones that choose to eat in my garden.
            I am kinda thinking bugs may be something that encourages bud rot.

• AccidentalGardener
            AccidentalGardener commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the idea of doing experiments on the neighbor's plants instead of mine, LOL

The larger of the plumeria leaves didn't get hit by the possible mite damage. Yet, they got some sort of brown stuff underneath. They aren't getting any bigger but they haven't fallen off. No return of other subjects.

A hibiscus got sprayed this morning. It was a healthy spritzing. Whiteflies and whitefly detritus flying like shrapnel.

Still considering how much vinegar to rub on my panzon. Will two tablespoons be enough?
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

I've seen Rwise suggest Trifecta Crop Control for WPM. It just arrived yesterday. I'm gonna give it a go tonight.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

PLreef dont forget airflow, it is critical. I moved my garden this spring to an area with more sunshine and airflow. Also less rain this year and the WPM/bud rot problems are minimal. Last year I had fans set up in the garden, still tossing the idea around, I will if I think I need it. Edit I also have some Trifecta if needed /Edit

I sprayed these 2 Mazars with the vinegar/water, and the nasty discoloured browngreen was dry and crisp in a few hours. I did a second spray last night. The spots are from a to strong feeding, no more feeding this year so maybe the spots will now go away LOL! Does this look like early bud rot to all y'all?

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
                The larger of the plumeria leaves didn't get hit by the possible mite damage. Yet, they got some sort of brown stuff underneath. They aren't getting any bigger but they haven't fallen off. No return of other subjects.

A hibiscus got sprayed this morning. It was a healthy spritzing. Whiteflies and whitefly detritus flying like shrapnel.

Still considering how much vinegar to rub on my panzon. Will two tablespoons be enough?

When it comes to vinegar y mi panzon, homie don't play.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Holy crow bar! You are pickling your weed! I'm using two teaspoons in a quart of water. I also use it to help with after-sunburn. Spritz it on my face like I do the WPM. Your sh t would melt my beard.

Have any of you guys tried using a blacklight flashlight during the night cycle to inspect for molds and bug poops? It's kind of a scary thing because when and if you see them, they will be a bright glowing neon green, like nuclear waste in the cartoons. Great tool for inspecting plants in ways we normally can't with the eye.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a UV flashlight I used to find cat barf back in the day. My own special kind of CSI. It does work. I believe it lights up proteins. Also good for finding animal pee on the rug.
                  Now I want to go look for bug poo, but its dark out there and the chances of running into a live bug in the dark are astronomical, lol.
                  Wouldn't that light be bad during the dark cycle? I suppose you could turn the lights off when they are supposed to be on and accomplish the same goal.

• ChadWestport
                  ChadWestport commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CSI - cat scat investigator Good question about it interrupting the sleep cycle. I'd have to confirm this, but I don't think light in the UV spectrum would wake the plant up. I would keep it to a minimum on each area of the plant, but these lights don't project a strong beam very far, mine is more for closeup inspection. It looks similar to the one Quirk posted.

That's the greatest thing I've heard of since the electric pickle ChadWestport ! You're getting a like. I have a BL on my loupe. Gunna get real dabby and check to see if I have any bugs. I really hope I have bugs, now. Probably don't. Couldn't even keep a Venus flytrap alive.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

• ChadWestport
                  ChadWestport commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha! It's fun and scary at the same time.

• AccidentalGardener
                  Editing a comment
                  Aw bummer, bearded one. Did Mavis the Maw succumb?

Originally posted by ChadWestport View Post
                Have any of you guys tried using a blacklight flashlight during the night cycle to inspect for molds and bug poops? It's kind of a scary thing because when and if you see them, they will be a bright glowing neon green, like nuclear waste in the cartoons. Great tool for inspecting plants in ways we normally can't with the eye.

I use this Esco Blacklight to spot and remove fluorescent arthropods. Disclaimer: If you have a weak stomach do not use this to check the bed linens at the No Tell Motel.

Comment

• ChadWestport
                  ChadWestport commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lol, this or any other UV flashlight can show you a lot more than you wanted to see. Sometimes ignorance can be bliss.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X