Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      One of.....

• lalaland
      lalaland commented
      Editing a comment
      A black light

So good news hey ?
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Me? Yeah. The plumerias haven't lost any leaves and the hibiscus has an island of green among an ocean of whiteflies.

I don't see any vinegar residue on the leaves. That's good to know for (weed) flowering.

Two days I didn't spray, watching closely. I might have seen some little bug or new WPM crop on younger leaves. Looks like this is going to be a PRN solution.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Damned if I didn't just find out what else vinegar is good for: plumeria rust pathogen Coleosporium plumeriae! Brown crap on the underside of the plumeria leaves. I didn't recognize it as any kind of rust. I'm more familiar with it on roses. Super cool. Still no leaves lost since this began. Spraying is going to be a daily deal, for sure.

The hibiscus has been overtaken by the whiteflies. It was expected since I only sprayed once.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

One of the plumerias lost two lower leaves, last night. They had the same sort of issues I've been having all along. I'm not, currently, worried.

The same plant is putting out a few curly new leaves. I'm figuring the new ones aren't getting vinegar because they unroll then unfold like a book. They aren't getting any juice when closed.

In the year+ I've had the cuttings in dirt, spending most of their time trying to grow leaves, I've not had any flowers, until now. More to come. The image is scratch-n-sniff.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

My plumerias are looking fantastic. The one that has grown buds, has grown many more than the picture in the previous post. Nothing dying off before flowering.

Anyone else still doing anything with this?
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• lalaland
            lalaland commented
            Editing a comment
            I was too afraid of pickling my buds, so tried baking soda, which literally burnt the shit out of all my immature pistils. They all turned brown over a three day span after spraying....
            It did stop the WPM tho.
            Really, really hope to avoid seeing it next year with the choice of more appropriate cold weather, short season, mould resistant strains.
            I can tell you that I’ll never spray with baking soda again, unless the pistils are all dried up already.

I tried it once along with a trim, then had no more issue with WPM. I will try this next year!

Comment

I have a plant I wasn't expecting anything of. Had it next to my dirty soil bin. It started flowering, on it's own, so I figured I'd let it do it's thing. It's doing pretty well. Not sure, the strain.

We've only talked about vegging plants. My flowerer is going to offer up a cola for the next part of the experiment. It will be getting drenched every day or two and put in circulation to make sure nothing nasty happens with excess moisture. Vinegar won't have a problem with excess growing mold?
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• lalaland
              lalaland commented
              Editing a comment
              You are ‘the man’!!!
              That’s exactly what we need is for someone to offer up a test subject for the purpose of science. Thanks for taking one for the team!

Day six of drenching the bud. It gets a good shake after about ten minutes, all the while, drying in a good breeze. Can't tell anything is wrong. The sugar leaves are keeping up with the other buds. No residue. Vinegar dried bud smells like other, non-vinegarized bud.

The flowering plumeria of our initial test looks fantastic. Smells like perfume soap. But not obnoxious, old lady perfume soap. Even Grandma said 'that crap smells like urinal cakes'. I didn't ask how she knew what urinal cakes smell like. G was cool. Except when I off hand mentioned trying some sort of weed product for her glaucoma and arthritis. She almost had a TIA. Which would have made me feel bad.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• MeEasy
              MeEasy commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Gingerbeard I just wanted to double check that you are using apple cider vinegar? This thread got a little off subject and between laughing and crying my brain (what's left) got off subject too and I don't want to make an ass of U or me by assuming what you are spraying.

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Yesser. I'm using two teaspoons, per quart, of Heinz Apple Cider (flavored) Vinegar. Cheap stuff.
              I'm an ass. It's okay.

How did this go from WPM to UV lights? 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

UV (C) kills, it will kill WPM and the plant if given to much.

Comment

TenX2 Stick around for a while. We can start talking about which soil to use and wind up talking about sand dune skiing in Qatar. Feel free to introduce your own subject that is not this one.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

I don't know about all you other folks, but in CA there is a hidden image on drivers' licenses that can only be seen with black light. Ain't tellin' what it is. Californicans can check their own. It's our secret. You other folks are dying to know, wot? How do you keep a turkey in suspense? I'll tell you later.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

Right. I'm calling this the end of Phase I. This is day 8 of spritzing. I know the solution is not going to harm the buds. Next spritzing will be when I get closer to harvest. That's going to be Phase II. Phase III will probably be blasting my luscious live resin. Phase IV will be dabbing.
                    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                    3x3x6

Comment

Gingerbread... it was a light-hearted comment only.. didn't mean to offend you at all

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                        Gingerbeard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm sure I would forgive you, would I know what you're talking about. Probably something earlier in the subject that I am too lazy to look for. Peace, love, and dabs.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X