No announcement yet.

Please confirm that these are females!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Please confirm that these are females!

This is my first grow and though I am pretty sure I am looking at two females, I would like a second opinion. These plants are 6 weeks old so the image you see is of a very small preflower which is why it's zoomed in so much and kind of pixelated. The plants come from bag seeds so I'm unsure of the strain and wasn't sure of the sex until today.

Can someone please confirm or deny that these are female?

Thanks in advance!!

Attached Files

Yes indeed, it's a girl! The pre flower pistils are starting to show. Only the female has this and it is now capable of catching pollen. Plants can always herm for a variety of reasons, but you currently are in good shape.

Comment

• KrimNL10DenZ
      KrimNL10DenZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! What are some of the reason it could become a herm? How will I know if this happens?

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      Some genetics have the ability to be herms, but its the environmental stresses that usually triggers its expression.

Bagseed had to get pollinated somehow. Some times it is stray pollen from a male that didn't get pulled, but other times it is from a plant in the room that had a slight herm and threw some pollen. Which if that is the case, we know the genetic potential for herms is there.

An example of environmental stress would be f you had a greenhouse get 100+ degrees for a few days, water stress and no air movement, that could be a stress factor that leads to the expression of herms. Indoors the most common culprit is light leaks. But I only mentioned the possibility of herms to cover my ass really, because at this point it is looking 100% female, and most likely will finish that way too.

Definitely female. Usually a plant won't herm unless it's stressed out. Could be a number of things that cause it but it won't happen in veg. You'll know because you will see pollen sacs grow in places. They're very distinct and are usually in clusters where the bud sites come out of the branches. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens to you, just an extra thing for a beginner to stress over. There's also ways to fix it though. Happy growing and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Congratulations it's a GIRL 🌲😎
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X