Whats wrong with my babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats wrong with my babies

1st time grower and poster, 3 plants( blue dream-40 days old, critical purple kush- 40 days old and white widow- 33 days old. On 2 of my plants the bottom leaves are yellow and look like they are dying. I cant seem to figure out why. My lights 25 watt leds are far enough away. Its not nutrient burn and I dont think it a deficiency bc I have new growth almost daily and I see new growth in the area where the bottom leaves are yellowing. Ph of my runoff is at 6.5 or below.

Is that coco you are growing in? If so you need to start nutrients right away. If not and you are in soil you need to bump up your ph to around 6.7 . Along with your base nutrients make sure your giving cal mag.

Comment

Ok, I'm in coco, gonna start nutrients tmr. Should I water with nutrients every time or alternate water with nutrients, then water without nutrients? Watering these plants is more complicated than I thought. I cant seem to get the correct volume of water required to water my plants. I'm always collecting 35-50% of my water as runoff

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        To help with the correct volume of water, try watering each one a little at a time until your pot is heavy. As for feeding, I don't feed mine so I can't really help there. I can say I've seen most people say they do every other water with nutrients. Hope that helps.

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have the ability to check the Ph and PPM of the water / nutes you are putting in? That info helps and you can also check the water on the way out to see how much the coco is retaining or spitting out. That info will help you adjust your feeding schedule. Typically with coco, if I water every other day, I do nutes / water / nutes / water / water and then repeat.

You are getting lots of run-off, which can flush nutrients from the coco as well. If you haven't added any, it may be time to do so, but start at 1/4 to 1/2 strength based on what the company recommends. In coco, you will need a good cal-mag. Those micronutrients are neutralized in part by the coco and compared to soil growing, you need a higher dose of that in coco.

Sorry to say, but did you even did a little research about growing in coco ? It surely doesn’t seem too. Sorry to say.
      I even think Nebula have made an coco tutorial on the main site.. ??

And what nutrients are you using? How much and du you use a cal mag supplement??
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Cheesy
        Cheesy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, just stick the word "coco" into the search window on the website. Excellent articles...

• Msizzle
        Msizzle commented
        Editing a comment
        Using general hydroponics micro combo fertilizer set with general hydroponics climatic. I did not do my research on coco but I appreciate all the comments helping me.

You will definitely love growing in coco once you get used to it. I feed nutrients every watering, not full strength but every day. It is REALLY hard to overwater in coco especially in cloth pots. Your plant needs cal mag every watering!

Comment

Comment

• Texasbob
          Texasbob commented
          Editing a comment
          This is my coco grow with nutrients every day. 5 weeks of veg .

• Msizzle
          Msizzle commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats a beautiful plant, appreciate all the help.

I never test run off as i use fabric pots (which is what it looks like you are using) and salt buildups on the fabric tends to give bad readings. It looks like you are either not feeding or have ph issue. Also 25watt led is not enough for flower. You definitely have a deficiency issue, new growth means nothing. Look at the color of your leaves. It could be deficiency because of no nutes, as you didnt mention any, or ph issues. I feed every water and allow 20% runoff at 6.0 and have no issues. Water/feed when pot gets light. Also did you buy pre washed and pre buffered coco or did you wash and buffer the coco yourself. If neither, then that is another issue that can cause deficiencies. Are you adding cal mag? if not coco needs it as coco is completely inert.

Comment

• Msizzle
          Msizzle commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in a temporary grow space until I can move to my 400 watt lamp and kick things into high gear. The coco was pre-washed and buffered. Mother earth was the brand I believe. I will start using cal mag every time I water or feed. Thanks for the tips.

Originally posted by Tersky View Post
        I never test run off as i use fabric pots (which is what it looks like you are using) and salt buildups on the fabric tends to give bad readings.
        I haven't heard this before. As a noob, I'd like to know if this is really true?? I'm using soil...
        3x3' space in back of closet
        VIPARSPECTRA LED V600 Grow Light. Actual = 260W. Veg+Bloom 24/0-->20/4
        Model V600 iPower 4" inline exhaust fan with carbon filter vented outside
        Soil is 8-4-4 natural organic 45-day slow release with peat moss, composted pine bark (bad), perlite, vermiculite (bad) and Mycorrhizae
        Vivosun 5 gallon grow bags

Dyna-Gro Grow & Bloom
        1st Grow: 3x White Widow Auto (Fem)
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...w-auto-journal

Comment

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the goal would be to run enough water through each time that the bags don't develop salt build-up. If the bag is loaded with salts, your roots are in direct contact with it, which would be bad.

You should always water any fabric pots thoroughly before you put any soil in there. You want to wash out any material built up in the fabric. When doing so, you can test the water in vs the water out and see how much the bag alters your readings.

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it's true. I killed a couple plants trying to chase runoff ph in fabric pots. Over time, salts will build up on the fabric pots and a white film will appear on the outside of the pots. Also just thinking logically, fabric absorbs. You are more than welcome to keep testing runoff ph but after a year of trying to figure out what i was doing wrong i had someone tell me to worry more about the ph i put in rather than the ph that comes out. I did and have not had issues since. It can be different in soil as soil can buffer ph in some cases but with coco in fabric pots i found no need to test runoff ph.

• Cheesy
          Cheesy commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes sense...interesting...thanks!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X