Oh Poop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Poop

Click image for larger version  Name:	WCcola.jpg Views:	7 Size:	163.1 KB ID:	446393
    This afternoon I was on the balcony trying to dust some of the ash off my girls and noticed a couple spots of some poop on 2 of my plants. (both Wedding Cakes). Searched and searched but couldn't find the offending caterpillars anywhere. Some minor leaf damage but then I saw the brown spot in the center of a single bud. Fuck me! Bud worm. I removed it and nobody home. I took out my phone and took a quick pic of the nice cola.for posterity and as I was admiring it, I noticed something -
    Last edited by crucialbunny; 09-09-2020, 08:20 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WCworm.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	447.9 KB
ID:	446396
    If you look at the second to top leaf on first picture you can just spot this creepy crawler. He was unceremoniously banished to the flower garden 2 stories down. I'll go out this evening with the flashlight and hopefully spot the other one. Luckily they are being harvested shortly.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a devastating invasion of caterpillars in my indoor grow a few months ago. Moths!

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      I have encountered these in the past and it never became an infestation. From what I understand, the moth will lay a single egg on a developing bud and the young worm will eat the inside of the bud. They usually choose a bud near the top of a plant. Eventually they make their way out and will begin to nosh on leaves. So far I have only found 2 plants that show the tell-tale droppings. I've never found more than a single worm on any plant.

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      I had all sorts of stuff going at the time and had them on everything from seedlings to early veg to late veg to mid-flower. They ruined all sorts of shit. Only 2 of the dozen or so plants affected had more than 1 worm so I think you're right about the moths laying a single egg per plant but I had several moths in there over a few days and a couple plants had 2 laid in them.

Check for red eyes. Then you'll know they're guilty.

Comment

When you said, 'Poop,' all I could think about was an incident a few grows ago. On my balcony. Fortunately, it was only pigeon ricochet during early veg. Had it been seagull, in any amount, I might have been turned off from growing altogether. Another pigeon, another time, shit on my bath towel when I shooed it away. Damn things always trying to get their pigeon groove on during nesting season, too.
      I call your caterpillars 'horn worms.' Used to get them on my tomatoes. Nighttime raids and daytime raids are necessary. In the daytime, give your plants a good shake. It only takes a couple. They'll fall off if you can do it quick, without bumping the plants first, and giving them the heads-up.
      My friend, crucialbunny , there is no such thing as 'one more.' You will have an ongoing battle. It's like my paw used to tell me. He'd tell me, 'Gingerfuzz. Don't look 'em in the eye. If you do, you'll remember them forever.' He was a hornworm assassin. His tool was a little tiny garotte. Custom job. Armenian.
      What do you call arguing tree rats? A squarrel.
      Did I ever tell you about the time I did a standard dab every five minutes for an hour? Remind me to tell you about it. I'll probably forget.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

When I was a younger man we had a rite of passage ceremony we referred to as the "Priesthood" when ever there was a penalty during the Super Bowl we had to do a bong hit. I never became a priest. I'd make to about halftime, then eat, and then pass out until the game was over.

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          Xena, back in the day I grew one type of skunk weed exclusively. That's when I learned to do selective pollination so I could perpetuate that particular strain for years. Still to this day it was the best weed I ever grew. I stopped growing for a number of years when my 3 daughters became old enough to understand what was going on. Lost track of my seeds somewhere along the way. I have searched and searched for skunk weed ever since and nothing so far comes even close. Back in the 80's growers stopped growing skunk because the odor of skunk was a dead giveaway to grows and the strain seems to have disappeared from the planet. Now everything seems to smell like pine toilet bowl cleaner, candy, or diesel fuel. Someone on here gave me a link once about a guy in San Diego who is trying to recreate the old school skunk. I have my fingers crossed.

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm always on the lookout for the real deal rank ass old school skunk and although lots of places claim to have it, it never proves out in people's grows. It's the most sought after stuff in the weed growing world that is not available. I know there has to be a couple of guys who have it somewhere out there and Jodrey has gotten hold of some and is in the process of breeding a couple of types of nasty ass, foul smelling skunk.

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope you guys find your skunk....I know a lot of people that love it, personally hate it. I spend all my time looking for pine, sweet, fruit, berry....cannot figure out the diesel though, just don’t sound appetizing.

FBL, I can remember those plants were really robust and buds seldom got much bigger than your thumb but produced a lot of them. Even when dried and cured they remained super sticky, oily, and maintained that strong skunk aroma. My neighborhood at the time had lots of skunks so neighbors never gave the smell a second thought. The other thing I can remember is that the seeds had a very distinct tiger stripe pattern on them and so I'm always looking for that pattern on seeds I come across. Someday, somewhere, someone, will open an old shoe polish can they find in the garage and it will be loaded with vintage seeds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X