X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    Yea.
    But when you pay for something, and in Holland the price can be heavy sometimes, then a seed is really a no go.
    I would be so pissed

• dphipps1020
    commented on 's reply
    I used to only get lucky with seeds in a bag of dispensary weed once in a while. Only ever had 2 end up being male though.

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    Never ever in my 10 years in Amsterdam Or Eindhoven I have bought a bud with a seed in it. Sorry to say that is just my experience.

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    It happens in Europe just like it happens in California and Colorado and everywhere else.

Cinderella 99 came from seeds found in Jack Herer bud bought in an Amsterdam coffee shop.

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    Seriously? Seeds in a dispensary bud?
    Would never happen in a coffee shop in Europe

• Smerft85
    commented on 's reply
    I only get males because I dont order seeds, been running on "bag seeds" for a decade, usually seeds from my own garden, but do have a few friends saving theirs for me from dispensary buds when they find them.

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    Never had a male.
    Only bought feminized seeds so far

• Smerft85
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly what I do with 95% success, I've had seeds that caught a flame before they were found still sprout, it is a weed, and if a weed wants to grow there isnt much you can do to change its mind. I have more issues with them being male than I do non-germination of seed and all I do is stick them in the dirt and keep moist.

• CaptainWiese91
    replied
    Seed in the soil ! Water ! Boom seedling.
    stop the paper towel method and the glass method. Mother Nature never used these methods to complete a love cycle of cannabis

Leave a comment:

• dphipps1020
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed. This is the method I use as well. I've found shot glasses to be the easiest to use for soaking. Hell, I don't use them for anything else any more šŸ˜‚

• homegrown
    replied
    You can never let the paper towel dry out...EVER. If those seeds split and the towel dries out..their goners. I always soak my seeds in a shot glass for 12-18 hrs..watching them more closely after 12 hrs. Any that split(even the smallest crack or tiny white tip) come out of soak and onto wet paper towel on a saucer and cover with another saucer.(keeps the moisture inside and the towel wet- Check that often!)) They dont need to be hot, just warm. I wouldnt go over 80. I use my PC modem for a heat source..lol it works.(once i get a sprout, say 1/4" i put in my grow medium) I'll have to look back but i think i soaked 35 seeds this grow and 32 are growing. The other three never cracked open. Dont give up.. just give them more attention for the first 48 hrs.

Leave a comment:

• OldManGrower
    replied
    I have had even worse results. It is a learning process and I'm still a student. It takes a lot of practise.

Leave a comment:

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    It sounds to me like all the seeds were viable but OP accidentally killed half of them. We've all done it.

• FunkyButtLovin
    replied
    50% is low but that doesn't mean that half of them were no good. In my experience, if they split open then they'll grow and if they don't, I chalk it up to user error at that point. I also quit using the paper towel method because after doing a few runs soaking for 16-24 hours then straight into soil, my already good germination rates got even better and more consistent.

Leave a comment:

• Xena
    replied
    Iā€™m by no means an expert but at $10+ per seed Iā€™m firing off an email to the breeder if I get that low a rate.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X