I used the paper towel method and had two Hulkberry Autos and two Northern Lights Autos by Seedsman on the plate. Both HBs germinated within 72 hours. Neither NL had germinated after 14 days, even though they both looked like they split, one of them ended up growing mold.

Second time around, I had one NL Auto and one LSD Auto. The NL seed germinated within five days, but the LSD split and appears to have stopped doing anything else at seven days in now. It also looks like it’s grow mold.

Have been using a seedling heat mat. I thought the first plate maybe got too cold while set at 75f in the beginning and I turned it up to 80. The second plate was started at 85 based on some advice I was given, but I’ve since turned it back down to 80 after the paper towels were drying quickly. I’ve tried having the paper towels saturated and also just having them damp. I’ve tried tap water, distilled water, and purified water.

I read that some people first soak their seeds, letting them swell and split before placing them on paper towels, but as all three failed seeds were started in saturated paper towels and all split, I’m not sure soaking them would have given me different results. Is 50% a normal amount and I’m being unrealistic? I’m tired and frustrated.