• Show
Clear All

The Happy Hookah

Click image for larger version

Name:	sahara-smoke-dome-solaris-24-inch-hookah-from-saha.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	444865
    Yesterday I stopped by a local smoke shop for rolling papers and somehow walked out owning my first hookah. I've been to hookah bars a time or two but only smoked Shisha and charcoal tobacco before. Anybody have experience using one for bud? Do you think pressing product into wafers would work? I quit smoking tobacco a little over 6 years ago and I'm not very interested in starting the habit again. My thought at the moment of purchase was to load it with ice to test my various grows without the harsh burn of a pipe or joint. I don't inhale so this is strictly for taste testing. I'm kinda thinking this may not have been well thought through on my part.

I woulda started with a pipe - not more than 10 bucks.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I have several pipes. My idea was to hopefully get a better profile of taste by cooling it over ice.

Never smoked from hookah. I have a water bong with a thing like an oxygen mask on it.....we always put Canadian whiskey in it, gave a really good taste plus after you smoke out of it for a while you can drink the whiskey after.

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, the good old days of bong water spilled in shag carpeting. I can remember putting Amaretto in mine. Tasted good but left a sticky mess.

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, that sounds pretty gross. :P I've seen our bong water and I don't wanna even take care of dumping it, let alone drink it.

Nothing beats a vape for taste. I use mine when I want all the flavor and none of the harsh smoke.

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      You talked me into it FBL 😂 I have been looking at vapes since I saw this comment, I'm trying to get away from smoking so much. I had a really (really) cheap one years ago that I tried and it didn't work very good so I haven't looked into them since. Anyway, the Pax 3 caught my eye almost right away. It was a little more than I wanted to spend at about $240 (US) with a couple extras and tax, but at least the shipping was free. They even sent a $15 gift card for my next purchase and they're sending a 3.5g case for my ground "herbs" which will come in handy on the go. Has an app to go with it on your phone so you can change the settings. Seems like a good buy, guess we'll see soon.

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never tried a pax but I hear good things about them.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm definitely excited to try it out. I like that they have a 10 year warranty on them too.

Wow !! Now you have an Object d'art. Very cool !!
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      This is true. If nothing else, you have a cool piece to set on a shelf or something.

Name:	20200903_125310.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	445002
    I had a similar issue, wanted one bong that was bigger than my tiny beaker, ended up with two and $180 less in my pocket.

Comment

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like home. Looks like your grow space is sharing with your reloading area.

• Smerft85
      Smerft85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Or is it my reloading area encroaching on my smoking area? 😁👍

Never smoked anything out of a hookah. I had an 18” plastic bong, called Kabong, back in The day. Love to find another one.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      I think someone bought and relaunched Graffix bongs.

Ooh, me likey. Brass, trays, dies, a trimmer and is it...yes it is old fishing weights! You're even casting!? I'm so proud!

Oh yeah the bongs are nice too. lol

That other hobby will clean out your wallet just as fast, ask me how I know. I tried to grow components but had no luck.

Name:	20200403_154215.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	445014

Comment

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah this hobby will clean out your wallet a lot faster than weed (growing or smoking).

• Smerft85
      Smerft85 commented
      Editing a comment
      I cant get components to grow either! When reloading isnt enough and you build your own ar15s the wallet empties even faster, I got lucky a couple years ago and traded a non-altered original 3-screw ruger super blackhawk for almost $5k in reloading stuff, guy was moving and didnt want to haul literally a truck load of reload stuff. There was almost 100 pounds of powder alone and I'm still running on that stuff. Cant find any supplies right now unless you want to pay over $100 for 1000 primers online before hazmat fees, I'll wait it out then buy in bulk when everyone else realizes they have more than they'll ever use.

I've used a hookah many a times can't say i remember much about the experience other than it did the job. LOL sure we put ice and wine in them. Once went to a bar where you sit around and use a huge hookah with flavored tobacco now i did not enjoy that tobacco perfume stuff that really made me hack/cough.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      I spent 2 or 3 evenings in an El Paso hotel smoking a hookah and talking with a man from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia about 15 years ago. It was very cool and I now wish that I wasn't drunk the whole time and I'd remember more of it. He taught me about buying and selling gold, middle eastern tobaccos and their drug laws although he claimed his only vice of that nature was alcohol and he had wine in his room but I never saw him drink it. One thing that kinda blew me away was that he told me he was raised on Uncle Ben's rice and that it was super popular over there.

LOL FunkyButtLovin man the folks we meet can be memorable trippin with weed

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

A bong with my Blackhawks
      Attached Files

Comment

• Smerft85
        Smerft85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my, gonna have to drag out my hunting loadout for a photo-op!

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        Images of Fear & Loathing come to mind. All that's missing is a fifth of Wild Turkey 101. And maybe a sheet of blotter acid.

• Xena
        Xena commented
        Editing a comment
        No wild turkey, when I drank I was a scotch guy (J Walker) or if I was broke Canadian (Crown R).
        And hell no on the blotter, I knew a guy that made it he used mainly rat poison. I have to pump poison into my body at times (chemo starting again Tuesday) but that’s about all the poison I want.

Lol crucialbunny

Comment

Here's my Blackhawk convertible wearing Black Walnut burl. I got it for slinging >300 grain boolits but it mostly sees .45ACP 230gr ball as that's more economical and much more wrist-friendly. Easier ejection is a bonus.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20190430_180534.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.23 MB ID:	445184

Here's my Vaquero before she earned her new blackline spalted Maple grips. It stops being fun past factory 240gr but will handle whatever punishment you're willing to experience. The hot loads are much more fun in the bisley blackhawk. Light Specials and Russians around 180-200gr are more fun and easier to eject.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20190528_095922.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.23 MB ID:	445185

My GP100 pictured with rubber and Dogwood burl inserts, one of her several sets of grips. This one gets carried and shot quite a bit.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20190430_181024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.30 MB ID:	445186Click image for larger version  Name:	20190430_181333.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.22 MB ID:	445187

Comment

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice looking Rugers.....always been my favorite. Bad thing is it seems back in the day they were great quality and cost half or less what a Smith or Colt was but seems like now the price has caught up with the others. Unless I’m just that cranky old SOB that thinks a quarter is still a lot of money.

Wish our gun laws were a little more relaxed here in the UK, I'd love a handgun. Only shooting I get to do is a bit of clay shooting with my dad.
        3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
        Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
        Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
        Couple of fans for airflow
        First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
        Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
        Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Sometimes I just step out onto the porch and blast from there but I usually walk out to my little makeshift range. It's about 100-105M from my front door to my targets.

• buds73
          buds73 commented
          Editing a comment
          Step outside the door here with a gun and your doing jail time. My uncle got a fire arms license which is different to a shotgun licence but can only go shooting in certain places. The sniper rifle he has he's only allowed to use on mod (ministry of defence) ranges.

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          I should mention that this is completely legal where I live. I'm not doing anything against the law by shooting in my yard. I could shoot a suppressed 50BMG machine gun or 20mm Anti tank rifle off the porch legally if I had one and could afford to feed it.

Yes it's a freedom our fellow Grandfathers signed up for. We love to shoot at targets on our property.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X