Deciphering flower times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deciphering flower times

I'm reviewing some of the strains I have. One being Fro-Yo auto. What has me puzzled is the flowering time. On the bottom left it says " Flowering time" --- " 70 to 75 days from seed. Does that mean I have 70 to 75 day after germination for it to start to flower?
    Right now I'm on week 6 with my 2 Fro Yo plants. They're just starting to push out hairs where the bud sites will be.
    What do ya'll think? Am I some how reading this back ass wourds???
    Attached Files
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

It is supposed to be from seed to harvest but I have never found one that doesn't take 2 or 3 weeks more. That's just my experience.

Comment

Someone else posted this. Google whatever strain + journal and you can even toss in the breeder too. I found several for my strain that gave me a really good idea on times. Those stats are more F***ed up and confusing than the led lights info.

Comment

I appreciate you both. Thanks! Something didn't seem right about that. Off to Google I go.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
          Eliot Pryor commented
          Editing a comment
          You can search groweedeasy just like google.

The breeders and seed banks are in the business of selling seeds and like any salesperson they LIE. Plus they sell seeds for 5-25 bucks a seed which gives them almost unlimited funds to buy all the best bells and whistles. In other words in perfect conditions they grew from seed to harvest in those times. It's kinda like the miles per gallon on my pickup I've never gotten close to their advertised mileage
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Generally speaking I "assume" that if it is a photoperiod plant they're referring to actual flowering time. When referring to an autoflower I tend to use it as a full grow...not from seed drop but from first day above ground. And as mentioned, it is more of a guideline than a strict timeline. For your 70-75 day strain, auto, I'd be looking at trichomes at about 60 days to see where the maturity of the plant is. After that every couple days until done. If you LST or more importantly HST then it will likely be longer. But being an auto it may not be much longer.
          TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
          EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
          AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
          IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

Same here as OlderNOTwiser auto flower when i put the "sprout" in the soil and see the green poke thru that is when i begin my count. It is hard for me to see the trichomes on the buds with autos, sometimes i just go by the days like i said and give it extra 5-7 that's me and blurry vision.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yea that’s why I Calendar the Day 🗓 as soon as they pop their pretty little Heads out of the soil ... I print 3 months of calendar hang them on the wall And mark water days feed days issue days everything or nothing ..I am Old I ferget Get sh%& ....lol then I try not to over do anything lol
              420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
              Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
              2 Lemon Skunk Plants
              (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
              CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Comment

• PLreef
                PLreef commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a 3'x4' dry erase calander next to my tent. I mark everyday I feed, water and so on. I forget what I did yesterday let alone what happened last week.

Based on my experience growing many different strains from seed over the years I can tell you this:
              IT DEPENDS
              Way too many variables to put a date on when it should be ready.
              Just grow it and let the plant tell you when it's done.
              WHAT???
              5x5 grow space
              900w of Vero's and F-strips
              4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X