Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for high CBD strain for pain relief

Hi Everyone

I'm sharing something personal. My partner was born in Eastern Europe shortly after Chernobyl. Shortly after she was born she underwent multiple operations on her stomach due to what we can only assume was caused by the accident. She's a wonderful woman and leads a normal life, but to this day she still gets infrequent stomach problems ever 3-6 months. Doctors have never been able to figure it out. The best way to describe it would be to say her intestines simple clamp up for 2-3 days. During this time she experiences severe bed ridden abdominal pains; and cannot eat or drink anything. This usually leaves her dehydrated and exhausted by the end. In rare cases she is hospitalized with morphine just to sleep.

We've discussed at length the option of using cannabis to control the pain. Often times she can feel the early stages coming on. She's opened up to the idea of trying a cannabis strain high in CBD and low in THC to see it will help release the tension. Cannabis is legal where I'm from, so I'm looking for a strain that specializes in pain relief with little to no psychoactive effects.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Critical CBD at Nirvana.com

Comment

Hey I'm sorry to hear about her problems that sucks, I suffer from some ailments as well. I was turned on to a product to help me with insect control and when I researched it I found out it's a 100% certified organic product food grade diatomaceous and while reading the information it's used by alot of people for problems with their intestines and stomachs. I am not affiliated with the company nor have I personally tried it but when I read about your lady it reminded me of what the people were saying about this product. I just thought I'd share so maybe it could be what helps her.
      good luck
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Solomatic from Royal Queen Seeds. About 20% CBD and under 1% THC. It's an autoflower and pretty quick grower.
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• MDR
          MDR commented
          Editing a comment
          unfortunately Royal Queen Seeds doesn't ship to my country

thanks for the recommendations

Comment

I got these in a few days ago. Will start growing them out when my tent is empty. RQS doesn't ship to me either but brokers like Seedsman fills the bill.

TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
          EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
          AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
          IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

I've only run a single high CBD strain in the past 5 years.
            I grow my meds to manage pain from severe trauma.
            I normally find high thc strains are most effective for my pain management but I was curious about how cbd would act on me.
            I ended up buying a pack of RemoChemo from Dinafem and running plants both indoor and outside.
            Honestly, if that strain wasn't such a finicky bitch I'd suggest it as a possibility but it always was hard to keep happy.

I will say that the flower and shatter I made from those plants worked very well, especially during the day.
            I don't know if the added cbd reduced the couch-lock that most of my thumper meds produce.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Yes those at seedsman would work but they aren't accepting new customers right now

Comment

• MeEasy
                MeEasy commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you tried new420buyseeds.com I haven't yet but somebody on here recommend them to me

• USMCnoviceMedical
                USMCnoviceMedical commented
                Editing a comment
                No I'll give them a look. Been a loyal customer of nirvana for a long time. Anytime there has been an issue of any kind they always work with me to make it right. Even when it was my fault my seeds didn't germ they shipped me a new package.

So I went to the local dispensary for some advice. The sold me some CBD oil for her to try, but they also recommended she try some THC strains that are heavy in Caryophyllene. These are typically strains of the cookies variety and focus on helping with anti-inflammatory pains targeting the stomach. Fortunately I'm already growing a GSC strain outside, so we're going to see how that pans out.

https://www.leafly.ca/news/science-t...yllene-terpene

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm all for trying mmj, just be careful with the dose. She agreed to let you open the door to take a peek. If she's not a smoker, a few hits of a good cookie will blow her doors off. She may or may not like the experience.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X