Harvest time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest time?

What do you think, is it time to harvest. This is my first time growing, it's African Orange Glue.

Doesn't look ready yet, but I'm not familiar with that strain. I'd like to see some red pistils, maybe around 40% red. I'm sure others will offer some helpful input. Very nice looking though!
    Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

I'm going to say you have more than 3 weeks left. Most of the pistils should be orange or reddish before it's even close. And then you'll want to look at your trichomes to be sure it's time. You'll want a jewelers loup or similar with at least 30x zoom, and you'll be looking at the buds, not the leaves.

Comment

• Coachforlife
        Coachforlife commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, another question. I'm loosing sun in my backyard, probably down to 8-9 hours, if I move my plants ( they're in 15 gallon pots) I can get a couple more hours. Is that necessary?
        Thanks.

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not an outdoor grower so I don't feel like I can give any good advice there. I will say that I've noticed a lot of people move their plants with the sun, so they can take full advantage of the light. Most who move them a lot have them on some sort of cart to make it easier. I believe it's beneficial for bigger growth but isn't really necessary if it's a hassle to do. I'd love to grow outside but our winter weather comes in too fast. Might try my luck with some autoflowers next summer though.

• Mazzariman
        Mazzariman commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm outdoors and I move my plants around many times a day. Chasing the sun is much easier this year due to COVID/working from home. I've done this for years and not only is it a good work out, it WORKS! Mine are in 5 gal. size pots so it isn't all that hard. 15 Gal. containers will be a better workout!

Like others are saying here it looks like you have a bit more time before she's ready. You'll be amazed at how much denser and thicker that bud will get in just a few short weeks. It's looking good but try and hold off on pulling the trigger a bit longer. I guarantee you will be glad you waited.

Comment

dphipps1020 is correct. Your plant requires 4 to 6 more weeks. The pistils need to turn brown and curl in. The whole bud will be much larger than it is now. Use a magnifier to inspect the glittery stuff you see on the buds. Right now it will be clear. Wait until some of it begins to turn amber.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X