Harvest question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest question

I have a white widow auto that I think is foxtailing due to heat. My box isn't in a room with climate control and things get hot here. Normally the box is in the mid to high 90s. To top that off i was out of town for two weeks in which time we had a heat wave here where she lost all her large fan leaves. When I got back two weeks ago I thought she was almost ready for harvest with a couple amber trichromes on a few buds near the top. Then over the last couple weeks she's put out a ton of new pistils.

So do I just watch the new growth even though it'll be airy buds and harvest when things look right, or does it need to be treated differently because of the heat shock? Photos below
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

90 is really hot for an indoor grow. I am not too familiar with autos; if you leave these plants go a little longer you will not see much more in trichomes. what you have there is pretty much what you are going to get in my experience with this heat fox tailing condition.

Comment

Foxtails are just new buds trying to grow on top/side of your other bud. This happens normally from heat like you said happened here. In my experience you have to go by the trichomes of the original bud and not the ones on the foxtail parts. The original bud will over ripen
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

You are there! Harvest that puppy pronto. I can see amber trichomes on it. Your are at your peak.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I doubt you'll be disappointed if you pull the trigger soon. Waiting too long can lead to oxidation and degraded THC.

Comment

Thanks yall, guess its time to clip her then. Next question, whats least bad between hanging it in the box that gets so hot, or sticking it in a wedryer drying rack with the fan pulling air over it in 75-85 degree air, under 20% humidity either way and not much i can do about that, yet.
            stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
            ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
            bloom plus LED 300W
            green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
            Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X