Co2 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co2 question

Okay so the new light that I bought the recommendations after just getting off the phone with the manufacturers is that is supposed to be used with CO2 but none of the articles on it say anything about that it's supposed to have 850 ppfd over a 4 x 4 area I asked if I could just raise the light to lower the ppfd and that was highly recommended not to do so that without CO2 I would see deficiencies in the plants

this was all found on a thc farmer thread

so I've been doing some research on cheap ways to do CO2 one I found was to just use fizzy water without any flavoring sprayed directly onto the foliage and when in flour to make sure only on the fan leaves to avoid Bud rot

Just pasting the other part I found

1 jar bakers yeast, 2 pounds sugar and 2 tabsp. baking soda then wisk it together. i use grommets for my airhoses to make an air-tight seal. i run 1 air-hose into the solution with an airstone attached to an airpump and the other suspended right below the lid. that one is run to my osclating fan. i have the airpump hooked up to my light timer so the airpump forced the Co2 out when the lights come on. i add about a cup of sugar every 2 weeks to keep the yeast active. although this can be a pain sometimes it works for my current situation. it is a cheap alternative and produces no heat​​​​​​

does anyone have experience with this have any better ideas or will this actually work

and after the amount of money I just dropped I can't afford any kind of CO2 generator or anything like that

Never used any co2 but I’ve seen bag like this and claim to work for up to 6 months https://www.arbico-organics.com/prod...indoor-growing

Comment

You don't need Co2 and unless you have a large, sealed environment and able to provide 1000+ ppfd over the whole canopy it's a total waste of money, not to mention a health hazard if you do and want to spend time in there. It's really only for commercial growers and I don't think too many of them are even using it anymore. In my opinion the benefits of being able to be inside the grow room and hands on with the plants much more often outweigh the benefits of Co2 in nearly all situations.

Long story short is do not waste your money on Co2.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        i kinda assumed it was a sealed environment, even then being in the room for a couple of hours a day should produce enough co2 to last till next day and more, each breath its half a liter of air with 30,000+ ppms of co2 thats more than ten thousands times the co2 in the atmosphere

Thank you Funky thought the guy was full of it on the phone I just wasn't sure this is only my fourth time around growing so I don't know a whole lot about it I just know that I wanted that upgraded light

Not getting to go into my grow room with my girls that's a big hell no for me
      Last edited by USMCnoviceMedical; 09-01-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I also looked at that site nine fingers and if I have any issues with the grow I will consider getting one of those but at the same time my tent is a gorilla light line so there would be leaks

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          If the air can get out it can get in. CO2 will find a way to enter the tent and you are going to open it at least once a day or two. Like FBL said, don’t waste money on that

I also have the intake where I can get fresh air from the outside if I want to straight into my tent

Comment

Thank you guys that alleviate some of the worries I had after talking to that guy on the phone

Comment

The best suggestion to supplement CO2 in a nonsealed room-do like I do and put the tent/space in the same room you sleep in.
            Run the lights while you're sleeping and adding CO2 from your respiration. win-win
            Ppfd over 1000 is counterproductive without added co2.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              And you get to breathe the oxygen the plants put out. Win-win-win.

The only CO2 I've provided for my plants has been from my huffing & puffing after a couple of trips up and down the stairs lugging water jugs. It seems to work for them.

Comment

Would be a great idea to put it in my room but I have to be as stealth as possible. I built a hidden room that has a 2x4 and 4x4 tent in it.

Comment

My question is, does the manufacturer of the light also sell co2? I’ve never heard of a light needing co2 to work properly. I would’ve told them to build a better light.

Comment

It's the kind x2 commercial grow light. I have other lights by them and they work well. He told me that without the Co2 the light would be to much for the plants.

Pulls a true 750w from the wall.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                  bboyfromwayback commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds serious lol the new LED’s are crazy powerful. How high above the canopy do they recommend it?

12 to 18 inches that's why Co2. I know he said not to go higher with the light but I'm going to get as close as I can until the girls show stress. Was just hopping to find a cheaper way. I have the know how to make everything air tight just want to give my bank acct a break for a while.

Comment

I would just hang it a few inches above their suggested height and begin slowly lowering it after a few days until I noticed some burn then bump it back up and make note of how high to keep it.

Comment

• USMCnoviceMedical
                    USMCnoviceMedical commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep that is exactly what I was planning to do

Here it is on the light instructions!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X