No announcement yet.

Regeneration of plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the more you leave the better your chances of success so don't be too greedy . Leaving 1/3 of the growth is about standard.
    Here's a pic from just now. The little bright green leaf on top that looks like a little tongue pointing at us is pretty much the only new growth this plant has shown in over two weeks. Now that it's started though, things will speed up from here. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6824.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.36 MB ID:	45463

Comment

• bobsakamoto
      bobsakamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      looking at it just now....it looks like the rolling stones emblem....

this thread is awesome...thanks weasel.

Im following this with great curiosity !!!Thanks Weasel!!
    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
    600W

LED
    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
    BioBizzLight Mix
    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Trying to upload photos here is like playing a lottery for me. Once in a while it works.
      Anyway, the plant is slowly revegging. It had almost no root system left from the root rot at the time I transplanted it and put it back into veg, so it needs this new growth to create a root system and vice versa. Not surprising that it's a little slow I suppose. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7008.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	50793Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7009.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	50794

The odd looking leaf growth is typical of a reveg. Once in awhile you'll see this kind of growth on a plant that gets confused by a lot of light cycle changes. People will post pictures of it wondering why their plant is acting funny or not budding properly.

Well this is frustrating the site is saying I 'have to post at least one photo' to continue. I have two up already but I'll put this old one in to see if it satisfies the central computer.

Comment

• Nartak
        Nartak commented
        Editing a comment
        And it did lol!!I believe it has something to do with the connection stability about the pictures,now im having ISP issues every 3-4 pics i upload i get an error and then i just re-try until all of them have uploaded...If you are in mobile data you might have spikes in your ping with the server

Is it really worth it Weasel if you only have 1 tent,to reveg instead of trow in new ones?

No I wouldn't reveg as a normal growing strategy, like instead of cloning or whatever. It's not totally reliable that it's going to work, and you only get one shot. It also can take a long time as you're seeing. I only reveg if I missed out on saving something special the usual way- cloning. I do a fair number of plants from seed just for fun and interest. To take cuttings from each one and label them all and veg them in case the flowered one turns out special- would be like work
      Every once in a while there's something amazing though and then I sometimes try to reveg it. Or else I just order more of those seeds and hope they're as good.

It's really just to save a strain when you don't have another better way to do it.

I grew a different one of these Peyote Purple plants before and it was special, but for some reason I didn't reveg it. I have several seeds of it.
      The reason I'm revegging this one is just to save it and give it a second chance at flowering - I could see it was going to die of root rot if I left it in flowering.

Comment

• Nartak
        Nartak commented
        Editing a comment
        Weasel man,why don't you start breeding? Really there are so many people on GWE that have stock seeds or select sprouts that are better,looking for the right plant to grow even though all of them are fems...Why not have an extra couple tent to breed with STS...
        Silver Thiosulfate (STS) is commonly used to block the action of ethylene in plant cell cultures.
        Ethylene is a hormone that is present in the gaseous state. Ethylene increases during
        senescence and ripening, and has been shown to increase in plant cell cultures due to
        wounding or the presence of auxins. Silver nitrate may be used alone to block the action of
        ethylene but it is not transported as well as STS thus is seldom used alone.

• Weasel
        Weasel commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry I haven't been on here much at all since I can't post photos. I try to breed in a limited way- just to produce seeds of the strains I like. I use homemade CS. I'm limited by lack of a space to keep males and treated hermie plants. I just have a tiny nook with very little climate control. I may have to build something for this. As far as proper breeding and trait selection- that would take a lot more dedication and space than I have. Maybe someday. Sounds fun.

Weasel you just described my planned grow MO and i'm still in germination on my first grow...wack. but not wack i guess. i feel like my "strategy" please can we not call it that...is at least 75% driven by interest/pure curiosity/fun as opposed to say, expected yields.. i mean, i get that...but i really felt like the long ranger out here after doing a shitton of research before doing anything and sort of having it dawn on me slowly that my "strategy" puts me in a small minority of growers. not that i care about that...just means less feedback/sharing...glad i stumbled upon you and a few other of these inhabitants of the island of misfit toys.
      "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

Hi guys, I did everything that was suggested and want to say thanks! My regenerated plant is in wk 6 of flowering for the second time and just within last 3 days is covered in frost! I honestly think there is 3 times the amount of flowers on her this time around? The first grow was nice but the plant seems absolutely amazing this time with the amount of flowers! But the proof will be in end results I know! If she gives me another 5 ozs this time I'll will be happy!

Comment

Hey everyone, my plant did great 2nd time around! 6 ozs! I decided to re veg my plant again! This time with a 300watt led that I was finally able to get. I think quite a few of you recommend the switch from cfls to leds LOL. The plant has amazing growth again and I switched to flowering today 7-21-17. Once again, thank you to everyone for the great advice!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X