Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What lighting to give autos, now in flower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What lighting to give autos, now in flower?

Hello, I'm growing my 1st autos which started flowering almost a week ago. My lights have been on a 20/4 cycle for veg. The big LED light had only its 'VEG' light switched on during this time. Now that they are flowering, I turned on the 'BLOOM' switch, while keeping the 'VEG' light switched on.
    Is this the right thing to do?
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Well for autos i use both bloom and veg at all times by 4wks of age with the autos. I start them under a 54watt CFL after 2wks i put them under a veg only light then at 3wks if they do fine i switch on the bloom. At 4 wks might be flowering and you got no time to wait if you want good yields. I top and LST by 3wks.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      About how long does it take for the autos you grow to begin flowering? My autos flowered after 37 days. Does that seem about right?

I tend to run my auto's at full power after they have developed 4 node sets.
    The amount of photons of light directly affects yield, so give them as much as they will tolerate.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Our auto grows are about the same age, but they look a lot different. Mine are bushier but your blooms are farther along. I don't know if I'm antsy, but mine seem to be progressing very slowly. Hopefully, the experienced growers here can chime in?? Here are my three White Widow Autos on Day 38. I spotted the first pistils on Day 27. I've got more blooms than I can count but none have many pistils. They're 23" tall and the light is 24" away. I've had Veg+Bloom on since day 10. 24/0 at first and 20/4 since day 30. I have to harvest them by day 85, so I'm a bit on edge. I don't need a big yield, but I gotta get 'em done!
      3x3' space in back of closet
      VIPARSPECTRA LED V600 Grow Light. Actual = 260W. Veg+Bloom 24/0-->20/4
      Model V600 iPower 4" inline exhaust fan with carbon filter vented outside
      Soil is 8-4-4 natural organic 45-day slow release with peat moss, composted pine bark (bad), perlite, vermiculite (bad) and Mycorrhizae
      Vivosun 5 gallon grow bags

Dyna-Gro Grow & Bloom
      1st Grow: 3x White Widow Auto (Fem)
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...w-auto-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X