Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice one furley look good mate

Comment

I find i can trim off all the leaves I need to on my autoflowers as much as I want - until the plant begins her flowering stretch. Then they don't grow back. I have one right now that I have been defoliating every second day - but now she is stretching - so i have to leave my scissors in the cupboard.
    So go ahead and open up those bud sites.
    Plants look great by the way.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thank you Canuck147 for your advice and confirming what I should have been doing the last two weeks. I have to admit I'm a little hesitant to cut on this like I do photoperiod Plants, last year I took several leaves every couple days all the way through the stretch and into flowering, I think you just saved me from repeating my mistake. While those plants were under low-light they never stop stretching and just seem to keep stalling. I think it was due from constantly clipping on them with bad timing.

Took about 30 leaves off the 3 plant I didn't cut yesterday, I stand over my plants and look down into them to remove leaf, next I worked a little bit underneath and lollipop each of them to remove some of those annoying little branches in the way of watering. I'll wait two days and then do all four of them again a little more.

before
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20200922_121701.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	451731
      After
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20200922_121637.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.63 MB ID:	451732 different plant
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20200922_113744.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.13 MB ID:	451733
      Thanks again.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great - i also find if they only pout for one day - then keep at it.

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        taking this advice right now and let my photos do what they do instead of continually clipping on them. I want them to start going up, and once the branches decide who is moving into the light....then they'll get it one more time, except for the stray leaf.

All right I'm on a update.
      Temperature have been great! But my humidity on the auto table not so much and this needs to be addressed 😒 with the AC off I have a free 6 inch duct and have another Infinity fan on its way to add to the Autoflower table. The other room has all the outtake and intakes from this room, this room only has fresh air intake, it needs it's own exhaust, AHHH! New grow environment.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20201001_081110.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	455210

Autos had two good rounds of de-leafing and lollipopping never really pouted, took a little off 2 plants today and I still would like to remove some more because the group together looks thick separately they look good, Ill most likely pick at them a little more. The truth is they are overcrowded, larger then I had expected and feel that 4 well growing autos is to much for the space so after this run I will cut down to only two autos with more room to train or I will run 1 plant starting ever 4ish weeks perpetually for the GC420 light and space. Speaking of the light, it has grown some nice healthy plant, thick stocks, bushy it's what I expected now it's time to see what kind of Bud swells up under it.

Name:	20200928_165043.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	455211

Name:	20200928_165036.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	455212Click image for larger version

Name:	20200930_092049.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	455213Click image for larger version

Name:	20201001_083929.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	455214Click image for larger version

Name:	20201001_084208.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	455215Click image for larger version

Name:	20200928_173400.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	455216

One of the plants is way behind the others(back left), Hummmmm? I'm showing two stretchy sativas, one squatty indica and one like the stretchy sativas a week ago.
      Could it be the late bloomer? They all got mixed up, no 1-2-3-4 labels, No notes, straight free handing this auto grow from here and memory, I lost her in the pile some time ago, It's not like I can keep the Phenos so every two days, pots are light when I lift them, full nute-nute-nute-sledgehammer-repeat. I'd like to note this is not my normal watering practices with my Photoperiod grows, I'm pushing more nute watering but using sledgehammer on the regular.

Name:	20201001_084710.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	455209
      Blue Dream clone and Grape ape are playing leap frog, more like I'm making them play. The blue dream has taking off found her home, so the net went in. This is the second time Iv run BD off the mother and is technically a eight months old plant. Grape Ape is still stretching her legs, I'm expecting it to take off soon. I'm not worried, pots are drying faster, water has increased, nutes-water-nutes-water repeat. It will take the time it takes to fill the net, by using a larger pot, less plants, in a scrOG a 10 week veg was about my Target for the flip. I am keeping notes on the Photo's
      Grape ape #1

Name:	20201001_084531.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	455217
      Blue Dream

Name:	20201001_084513.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	455218
      Grape ape #2

Name:	20201001_084451.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	455219

Name:	20200929_101049.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	455220
      I talk about my new watering system next update.
      Thanks for the ear.

Comment

What a great informational grow here Mr.furley. I mean this is text book material of learning. Thanks for doing all that you do.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, very nice of you to say and my pleasure to share.

Looking good mate they have shot up since last time i am useing full nutes all the way every water had no problems really once i got temps right has the light been worth the money up till now can u tell diffrence from old one cant wait to hear your new watering either mate

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you.
          The growth so far had been good, its just to soon to compare. Blue Dream is my control, i know what it can do under Hid lighting to compare old lights to the new ones we will all have to wait till she's in the jars.

If those are autos, I'm in trouble, lol. They look maaaahvelous!

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you.
          They're good sized plant and just getting started flowering. it's looking like I'm going to get the chance to test out the manufacturers 6-inch from plants claim.

Although I'm a relative Newby grower, (actually, I AM a Newby grower 😆) I can relate to "loving a way you have always done thing's that have always worked for you", to "trying something new to you that is out of your normal comfort zone"..
        LEDS seem to be the Way of the Future growing and as you said, a 'cooler., (scuse the pun..😉), option for growing in those hot summer's.
        Loving the knowledge from GWE and now with this forum, its manna from the heaven's being able to share information with other growers..
        All of it!! The Good, the Bad and the Ugly..😊 (Id rather learn from someone else's mistakes than my own, ay? )
        Will be keeping an eye on your progress!!

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for joining my three ring circus I call growing and welcome to the Fourm.

Iv never been in a big commercial grow that runs only led but have seen what people on this forum have been doing with them over the last 4 years and how the lights have improved/involved, they have noticeably changed my environment, that was one of my goals, so far so good but its still going to be hard to persuade me from Hid after my time with them, only the buds in my hand will convince me they are right for my rooms.

Growing cannabis is just one of those things that until you've had the personal success and the down falls it will always suprise you. This website and forum is informative, easy to use and a friendly place on the net for new growers, old growers, new experiences and just out right sharing.

I look forward to watching you grow.
          Last edited by Mr.furley; 10-02-2020, 12:44 AM.

Mr.furley.. Thank you for such a lovely reply! I certainly look forward to sharing more.
        (Who doesn't?! Especially the successes!! 😊)
        The positive here about sharing the down-falls is that we all get a little more savvy with the knowledge and hopefully learn from others' experiences
        Cheers from Down Under

Comment

May I congratulate you, furley, on your conversion to LED. I switched to LEDs two years ago and it made enormous differences in my grow room environment with way less heat. Please remember that old growers never die: they just use all the wisdom of the experience from years of living to evolve into a more advanced grower.

One thing, though. You wrote, "but come on man who doesn't want to be a Nigerian prince dating hot younger Asian women high on CBD with Boner medication right! right." Ok, with all due respect, I don't. I'd rather be a 67 yr. old woman high on high THC buds, hold the boner medication, hold the Asian hotties, hold the princes, hold the buns (no bread here: I'm doing keto).
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you alltatup your help and our conversation have always meant lot to me over the years here. It is true that stepping out of a routine further enhancers ones skill set and I truly have a thirst for Hands-On knowledge. Got a saying " I'll know it all the moment I die" I live the belief that one can always learn new tricks till that last breath and after that, I'll find out then.

Fully respectable that you don't! but I wonder does the other gender get the same emails or is it a target market knowing that I'm a poor middle aged single male with pain? Just digging for my personal information, if they get a phone # its my car warranty is about to expire or I can get a no Capital required short-term high-interest loan. You would think with all the data mining whoever was in charge would see that I only care about growing weed, is there a extended warranty.

Glad you dropped by😉

alltatup... Ditto and Ditto!! (except I don't do THC, just love the growing!!😊)(oh and I have 20 yrs less wisdom than you! 😁)

Comment

After shutting down each summer I always feel out of sync when I start up again each year so I got a great idea let's throw a bunch of new stuff in the mix. Pictures are from the last week and I'll try and keep them in order best I can.

Name:	20201006_103830.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	457640
            Lights saturation and humidity has been the story this week, Iv had one of the Autos under the GC420 grow within 3in (manufacturers claims 6 in, I'd say 8 to 12") with the light at 90% and it has shown. I'm maxed out on raising the light, i was able to get another 2 inchs up only and have super cropped as much as I can, the light had to be dim down to 83% again and everything seems better now. This light is sitting in a 32"d×36"w×42"h space and for now it's going to have to be what it is, in the future I'm going to have to looking at growing short strains.

Name:	20201008_141112.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	457641

The new fan has dropped the humidity down from 80% to 50% in the auto area but it's still a little high and I've been chomping at the bit with how much foilage is on the plants so I cut a little,

Name:	20201006_172913.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	457642
            Someone take my scissors

Name:	20201006_172850.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	457643 10/6

Name:	20201006_102347.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	457644
            10/8

Name:	20201008_133236.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	457645Click image for larger version

Name:	20201008_133830.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	457646
            Planets rotate counter-clockwise on the table every watering1.12 gallons every 2 days.

After the transplant on the Photo's I found tip burn, shorty after the plants started turning light green and the contradiction got me thinking. I realized that these lights are 680w, the other is 420w and I had put the dimmer at the same percentage but the bigger lights were also lower than the others were 16" vs 24".

Name:	20201005_005325.jpg
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	457647
            So I raised the lights to 24" and dimmed them down, to 350 watts, withing 6 day the plants turned back to a good green and started growing better. Blue Dream clone is the middle plant/picture.

Name:	20201008_141357.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	457648Click image for larger version

Name:	20201008_141314.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	457649Click image for larger version

Name:	20201008_141240.jpg
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	457650Click image for larger version

Name:	20201007_201609.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	457651
            I have got to a point that I want a watering system, running a low net with non movable plants is a factor, my time is another. So it makes sense set up a reservoir that can run for a week. I found a 20 gallon sump tank from the local hardware store and put together a drip system. At present I'm timing my drippers and running it manually so more to come on this one and how it's coming together later.

Name:	20201006_172703.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	457652
            I would like to mention something about the controller, the DC plug goes to a USB and I feel it's kind of cheap skipping on a wall wart. I bumped it a couple times and my controller shut off, when this happened I noticed after the controller is off the lights come on automatically! In a power outage this won't matter cuz all the powers out but since the controller is on a separate breaker if I popped the GFI my lights could technically come on when I don't want them to, I don't expect this to be a problem just worth mentioning.

Till next time.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, for a new grower here, you're doing fantastic!!!

good as always mate u have to let us know how u built water system mate

Comment

Well he's just a damn fine grower, yes you are Mr.furley way to go with the new system/lights. You liking them alright?
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I’m a little late to notice this journal but I’m gonna follow along now that I’m caught up. Very nice lighting upgrade sir, and your ability to read the plants seems to be accelerating your learning curve with the new lights. I think you’re going to be increasingly happy with your investment as time goes on. That master controller is very slick, so many useful features and it seems to be very user friendly!!!

I’ve made the switch to a newer style LED diode fixture in both of my tents and I‘ve found that I get modest volume & quality gains with a 30% reduction in wattage compared to what I used to run. But I’m limited by the confines of my tents.......I think with your flowering space and situation you could run them at 100% and see significant gains in both volume and quality.
                Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Obi-Wan glad to have you along.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X