• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you.

• MagicMike66
    replied
    That’s some set up you have there, really impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    This guy's goofy and stutters around but he bring up some good points.

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    At the amount of money you are looking to spend you are in that target for the equivalent BS so don't buy into it. You should be able to grow a lb every four months min with one 600w hps and the options at your price are limited to replace that with true watts.

I have grown under the sun, CFL, shoplights, metal halide, high pressure sodium, and led, I know peeps that grow from 1 plant to full blown commercial warehouse grows and I'm a firm believer in using what you got. It has taken me 20+ years of illegal closet grows to get where I am, legally growing my maximum canopy size in a dedicated spot with high end equipment.

Looking at the question you have ask on the forum I get what you are trying to work towards, my best advice is save a little bit more money up, what you save in start up cost buying another HPS you'll spend on trying to control heat and the other side is if you don't have the money to do it right how are you going to have the money to do it twice?

One of the reasons I'm doing this Journal is a side-by-side comparison of Watt to watt, high pressure sodium to LED. Every one has had that thought of saving money by going cheaper but in the end to get high yields of quality buds there's no way around the cost or heat issue.

Stay tuned growell

• growell
    replied
    nice set up mate hope your changes work about led i know u get what u pay for i just havent got that sort of money i running 600watt hps i dont know weather just to buy more of them heat though then i got £200 to spend on led what light would u suggest i really strugglin with all the bullshit info thanks would relly appreciate your help

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    replied
    Thank you all not only for the interest and the kind words, I look at you not only as Grow companions and inspiring Growers but also as Experienced in your environment and skills, Im happy each one of you are coming along. Im going to work a couple responses in here if I can.

Problems, Mistakes, and Decisions.

Problems are things that come up and need to be addressed as soon as possible, you dont necessarily need to be the cause of the problem they just happen and
    I have a problem! We just had a shift in are weather patterns. I am 800 miles east of that PNW you two speak of and love that area there, Newport OR. Is one of my favs and I always enjoy flying into Seatec from the northeast.
    My humidity dropped from 48% to a low of 29%, how i see this as a problem is I watered two days ago and raised the power of the light to 90%, today my pots were bone dry, leaf was dark and a little shiny, and I have a little twisting on most the plants. When the humidity dropped the plant sucked the pot dry quicker then normal and has caused a blast of nutrients to hit the plants. This problem is hitting at a bad time in the plants life as I'm seen perflower, so I corrected it today by dimming the light down, (I love this feature and yes it has the sunset and sunrise setting, another selling point for me) from 90% to 83%, turning on a humidifier and using the heavy nutrient look of the plant a good time to run pHed 6.2 water with only calmag (5ml) and sladgehammer(5ml) added essentially a flush, the plants don't need to be fed. Here is a GWE article about humidity.
    https://www.growweedeasy.com/search-...yword=Humidity
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200831_013257.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.78 MB ID:	442753
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200831_130342.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	442754
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200831_141221.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	442763
    Mistakes are problems that you have caused, Iv made a mistake. I should have cut clones the day I dropped seeds, I know better but at the time didn't have the room and didn't want to deal with it so now I pay the price. I need my Photoperiod Clones to catch up to my Photoperiod seed and they are quite out paced right now. I should have transplanting a week ago to a 7 gallons pot, the Grape ape is ready but the Blue Dream is still finding it home. Here is what I'm going to do:
    The Grape ape in 6 inch pots got moved to lower light levels, I will cut nutrient for a coulpe waterings and I will keep them in the small pot till the blue dream catches up a little. Essentially I'm slowing down the photosynthesis process in turn limiting the available nutrient usage and telling the plant this is all the home you have. Will see if ol Furley can correct this mistake (wink wink)
    The Blue Dream will be pushed with more light and nutrient, potted up to a 6 inch from a 4 inch as fasted as possible, my Target on this is root growth adding supperthrive( 1 to 2 drops) and kelp(5ml). Per gallon.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200831_134029.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.55 MB ID:	442752
    Decisions need to be made throughout your grow that can lead to mistakes and cause problems, I made a decision.
    One of the Autoflowers came up a week after the other three, I had given up on it and there it was. It had slower then normal growth and contemplated tossing it a couple times, when it started to grow I figured it was going to be a runt and planned on letting it grow natural but the last couple of days she is picking up steam and looks only to be a week behind the other plants. I have decided to top her the same as I did the other 3 only 7 days later. My patience paid off to make a proper decision regarding this late bloomer.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200831_134036.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	442750
    A little bit more about my available set.
    Last year I used two rooms, 1 work room with a veg table having lights running 24/7. The other room was completely 12/12, running perpetually, a new plant would start every three to four weeks on the veg table and work it way through the system with a plant coming down every three to four weeks. There was a lot of work with a lot of different stages at once and before I bought the new lighting I had planned to change thing up this year, the flowering room will be used as a photoperiod grow pretty much start to finish, freeing up the veg table to grow autos this year. Ill see how it goes for this grow and if in the same time flame I can produce the same grams or more with the same space and light schedule and less work is the goal I have in mind, we'll see if my decision is a mistake that causes problems. I have one more treat but you'll going to have to wait for that.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200831_140012.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	442749
    I appreciate all the comments on LED and yes the lights are considered higher end, I did look at several different brands with different features and there's a lot of them out there COB, DIY has caught my attention along with spider framer, HLG Diablo, and Kind but it was the master controller features and this being built in my country of origin that really did it. One of my biggest problems with LED is all of the equivalent BS, this system is true watts from the wall, 1360w in the photo room and 420w on the autos.

I have always felt like somebody was watching me so you may be right, they could be of alien nature.
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 09-02-2020, 04:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    commented on 's reply
    Its definitely made a big difference on my grow since installing it.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    those spectrum king lights are top shelf too. You should have some nice grows.

• PLreef
    replied
    Sounds like you have a great set up. Im gonna tag along. Im a " new grower" but like for real. Ill have pad and pencil ready. Looking forward to seeing your progress grow.

Leave a comment:

• Booger789
    replied
    I love my leds, dimming alone is really worth it to me. You can simulate sunrise and sunset is a cool feature. I will follow along to see your experiences. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• USMCnoviceMedical
    replied
    Originally posted by USMCnoviceMedical View Post
    Yes would love to see how it does. Looking to upgrade my 4x4 tent. Currently looking at the growers choice, two electric skies 300w or the new Kind X2.
    Well I went with the Kind X2 CGL. I still can't wait to see how this grow turns out and how well the light does.
    Last edited by USMCnoviceMedical; 08-30-2020, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AccidentalGardener
    replied
    I am going to follow you on this adventure. Something you said before now stuck with me back from when I first saw it. "I'll never flower in July or August again." I am PNW, but at the tippy- top of the US. Since I didn't plan anything this year, including growing pot until I was already growing it (thank you, stimulus check - I was thus stimulated, lol) , and I was fighting our weather from the time those first plants went into the tent. I didn't mess around, but it does take some time to catch up to the rest of the class if you've been wandering the halls of fame and failure on GWE, which I did for a month before I joined the forum. It has been hotter than a whore on dollar-day the last several summers. Days on end of 90+, then add some fires to that...really hot.
    So I started with some inexpensive LEDs and a fan/filter appropriate for the tent size.

Summer never really materialized in NW WA. We had gruesome weather - all over the map. Destroyed almost everything in my outside garden except the wildflowers. Wet and cold until August and then wet and hot for a week. Now its fall. Crisp at night. Never warmed up or dried out, but it hit 90 two days in a row and everything out there not dead already died from shock, lol.
    But none of it ever came. I've been up here for almost 10yrs, and in WA for 30+. I had to run a space heater in the garage most of the summer. But the humidity, omg! It was wetter outside than inside and we still needed SCUBA gear. My garage doesn't vent to the outside unless I raise the door an inch or so. Had a little dehumidifier that fits inside the tent. Lots of fans circulating air.

I listened to the experts and got to the end without losing anything - not a single leaf-before its time. Mr.furley : "I will never again flower in July or August".
    Holy. Me neither, lol.

I'm going on this ride with you. Safe journey!

Leave a comment:

• UndergroundFarmer
    replied
    I switched from T5s with a few LED replacement sticks to a pair of Platinum LED panels and I never looked back. The T5s are now for seedlings, clones or stuff I don't want growing fast. It's rare that I ever completely retire any grow equipment!

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I have had no issues with heat with 2 450 vipars drawing 400watts from the wall in my indoor tent which i close up now cause they are in flower when lights out. I do not have a fan inside but outside rotating when i don't have AC going ( we rarely do ) never got above 83f. Outdoor porch tent the same setup but smaller tent. I just find the LEDs great improvement. But i live in PNW more southern end abit less humidity than others and dry. So Mr.furley you are gonna love them

Leave a comment:

• homegrown
    replied
    LOL! Talk about click bait..hahahaha. I read the title and who posted it..how could i not check in. Those are some beautiful lights and system upgrade Mr.furley. I\v only used LED's so i have nothing to compare with other grow lights. I went LED's because i knew heat was gonna be a factor with my grows. Happy so far..looking to upgrade soon so i'll be keeping an eye on this new grower. See how he make out. lol. Good Luck. (cant believe i just said that to furley)) too funny.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X