Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheeba
    commented on 's reply
    I just read this journal, nice work and thanks for sharing your experience.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    You did fine with this grow, life happens. Hope whatever cut this short you had a great trip/vacation. Anyhoo hope you and wife enjoy this harvest. You have a better 2021 also. Come back and play again

• Cheesy
    replied
    Just to finish up this journal, I harvested it on day 82, probably a week earlier than I would've liked. I put it in jars a week later, again earlier than I would've liked. Weighed 7.7 ounces at that point, probably a lifetime supply for my wife and I unless we step up our game. Kinda light and airy buds...either that's the genetics of the WW Auto or maybe I just didn't grow it right. But it filled 14 quart jars 3/4 full. I left the lids off for the first week and shook 'em loose multiple times a day. Been burping regularly since then. Started trying it recently and it's definitely some good shit man...

Again, thanks for all your help...ya'll are great...have a cozy covid X'mas and a better 2021...

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Outstanding job those look great. You are in the harvest zone, good record keeping is key to my harvesting. Have a great vacation when you get back enjoy your harvest.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely in the window of harvest mate

• Cheesy
    replied
    I'm at day 80, Week 8 of flowering. Now I understand why people get so antsy waiting for harvest. Sadly, we're leaving on a trip and I have to harvest very soon. I'm in the upper midwest U.S. so the initial dry time should be less than a week, right? After that I have a dozen quart jars I can spread it around evenly (3x WW autos). I've been checking the trichomes every day lately and the don't seem very cloudy to me? I see some amber ones but not many. I'd say 50-70% of the pistils are brown. The girls have dropped a lot of leaves and the plants look pretty done. But I'm a newbie, so please let me know what you think...thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• Cheesy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Captain...liking this new hobby! đŸ‘đŸ»

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    For a first grow, I think you did pretty good !
    And all the experience you gained on this grow, it’s a gift for the next grow. Like you mentioned with perlite for example.
    Not bad đŸ‘đŸ»

• Cheesy
    replied
    Day 66...6th week of flowering. Starting to look like Fall, too much yellow and some nice purples. Watering every 8 days...not enuf perlite...I'm just lucky I didn't screw it up totally. Bought some FFOF yesterday for my next grow. I think I went too light on the nutes too. Hopefully, I'll get an OK yield for a 1st timer. I got my new loupe and took a look at my trichomes...they're all clear still. Some of the pistils are turning brown. I need these girls to finish up in the next couple of weeks!

Leave a comment:

• Cheesy
    replied
    Day 60...5th week of flowering. Some of the upper branches on one of my plants is turning yellow. I posted a question and got referred to this thread. Since they only have a few weeks to go I guess the yellowing is somewhat normal at this point. That plant went stretch crazy and wore itself out sooner than the other two. It also had the worst pH problem before I flushed it at the end of August.

Looks like I'm destined for popcorn more than big nugs. I'll start molasses next watering. My soil didn't have enuf perlite and has vermiculite so I only water once a week. Lately, it's been 1/2 strength nutes and I check the pH. For this plant this week the pH going in was 6.65; runoff pH 6.1 & 560 ppm. I gave this plant 1/4 strength Grow in addition to 1/2 strength Bloom this week, thinking maybe the yellowing was a nitrogen deficiency.

Ordered one of these today: https://belomostore.com/belomo-15x-loupe.html I bought a wi-fi microscope which works OK, but of course you can't hold it steady. You can put it on a stack of books or something, but the plants are hard to move now with colas hanging out everywhere. Hopefully, with the loupe I can easily check out any bud I want to...

Leave a comment:

• Cheesy
    replied
    Day 54, after about 4 weeks veg and 4 weeks of flower. The stretch slowed at about day 47, but they’re still creeping up. The middle girl’s 35” tall. Light is 16” above tallest one. I should have done some LST
oh well, next time.

My big concern is the humidity is in the 60-70% range (temps in the low 70Fs). I’m still in the budlets stage, I wouldn’t call ‘em buds yet, so is this a problem??? I started running the dehumidifier in the basement, but that’s a long way from the plants.

Also, the leaves on the top branches of the tallest plant are getting pale (see picture). I went pretty light with the nutes ‘cuz my runoff was in the pH 5 range. That’s fixed now and I gave ‘em Âœ strength Bloom nutes last Monday, but I don’t see any improvement. Sadly, they only get watered once a week, ‘cuz I didn’t use the best soil. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Juicetheproducer
    replied
    Nice!
    The plant with the burned tips could be going thru some nutrient burn. I planted it without mixing in the food coco loco soil and the composted soil. I used super soil so they should have all the nuts they need until harvest, hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• Cheesy
    commented on 's reply
    Hello fellow traveler. Glad you were able to get into an excellent medium. It was too late to repot when I discovered the shortcomings in my soil, but fortunately, my problems have been minor compared to some I've seen on this forum. But now I'm losing a fair number of leaves at the bottom, and I don't know if that's normal or what???

Looks like Mondays are my weekly watering day around here...pots are pretty light today but I'll wait. I've been going very light on the bloom nutes...like 1/4 strength, 'cuz I thought it was contributing to the low pH in my runoff. Tomorrow, I'll step it back up to 1/2 strength. Your plants look like they're getting heavy nutes...maybe a bit too much?

• Juicetheproducer
    replied
    Hey!
    It looks like we planted our seeds on the same day, July 27th! Lol I'm on my first grow with 3 Auto Blue Dream. I made the mistake of starting off in pure coco with no buffering so I lost one and the other 2 are stunted now because of the deficiencies they had. It took about a week and a half for me to figure out what the issue was and how to correct. Nowhere near the size of yours now. Chalked it up as knowledge for next time. I've now got them on fox farms coco loco and super soil.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cheesy
    replied
    Yeah, I didn't use the best soil...I missed soil day during my pre-grow GWE classes. I already had a bag of top shelf potting soil, but the bark and the vermiculite are apparently counter productive. I've been picking off a couple of yellow leaves off the bottom of each plant everyday. Not much light down there. Is that normal or is that related to the fact that it takes a week to dry out between watering??? Thanks ya'll for your support...this is a special place

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X