Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    If it's 18" just keep eye on those white hairs if looking bleached or your real worried you can squeese the stem to loosen it bend it over make a elbow she'll be super cropped and won't hurt her. I've had my tops at 18" they did fine no bleaching. Should be end of stretch by around 3rd week of flower. Good luck

• Xena
    commented on 's reply
    As to the watering, doesn’t vermiculite retain water? Which would make you water less.

• Cheesy
    replied
    End of week 7...day 48. Still stretching. The middle girl's 34" tall. Light's as high as it'll go w/out major re-engineering. One girl's main cola is sticking out of the canopy kinda much. It's sorta flexible but seems too late for LST?? I could pull it away from the light, but seems counter productive? Light is 18" away on that one and 27" on another. Too many budlets to count. No sign of light burn at least.

The other problem is seemingly not enuf perlite. I'm watering like once a week, which is worrisome, 'eh?? Seems like happy triplets tho

Leave a comment:

• CaptainWiese91
    replied
    Lokking good. Keep up the good work :!

Leave a comment:

• Cheesy
    replied
    Starting week 7, day 43 My WW Auto girls finally needed watering. The two I flushed went 7 days since their flush. Runoff is better now…5.8-6.1 pH range. Quarter strength Bloom added every watering. Too light? Still Stretching 1” a day. ~29” tall. Hopefully my 7’ closet is enuf. They don’t seem to like when the light gets <24”. They look happy and have budlets now. Are they slow or am I antsy?

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Anytime now Cheesy i see it's trying to show you a tiny whiteish/yellow bud site

• Cheesy
    replied
    Start of Week 6 - Day 36. The girls have doubled in size in a week, up to 22". I guess this is what's called the Stretch, 'eh? Blooming but no real buds. Keeping the light 20/4 at 24-25" away. I'm pretty sure I had a bit of light burn when the light got in the 21.5-23" range, since the yellow leaf tips were just on the baby leaves at the top. I finally started watering enuf to get run off and one plant's runoff was pH=5.5 and ppm=1450 and another plant was pH=5.2 and ppm=2100. So, I just flushed those two girls with a couple of gallons each of non-chlorinated tap water and got the runoff back above pH 6. All three girls look happy

Leave a comment:

• Cheesy
    replied
    Week 5...Day 34. My happiest plant was light and dry today, so I watered just the one 5 gal. pot with 4.5 quarts of water. First time I've had significant runoff, which was pH 5.8 / ppm 597. I was happy until the plant drooped. Is that normal???

I didn't use nutes today, since the other two plants are still a tad stressed due to either the lights or nutes. I'm keeping the light at 25" and the tallest plants are 18". Keeping the light schedule at 20/4. They've grown 6" in the last week. There's lotsa pistils on all the plants...

Leave a comment:

• Cheesy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks...will do...

• Weed Pharma
    commented on 's reply
    I would back off the nutrients as well.(pHed water only) Leave the lower leaves on. Also, make sure the fan isn't directly on the yellowing leaves-

• Cheesy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Weed Pharma . It's not the lighter shade of green that concerns me, it's the yellow or bleached tips. You can see 'em if you zoom in on the second picture...
    Last edited by Cheesy; 08-26-2020, 02:12 PM.

• Weed Pharma
    commented on 's reply
    Backing the lights off for a few days (and let the plant grow into it) should take care of it- it's not unusual to have lighter new growth - in a rapidly growing plant!

• Cheesy
    replied
    Week 5...plants are 10-12" tall on day 27 and I spotted the first pistils on two of the plants! Still growing fast. On day 28 the light was at 23" and on day 29 I noticed more light burn, so I raise the light back to 25". I'm a little surprised that they're that sensitive, since the temps are still in the 70s. Viparspectra says 20-24" for flowering. I'm wondering if the 24/0 light regimen is stressing them??? I did some searching on this great site and found a post by Weed Pharma where he adopted this schedule for autos:
    • 24/0 sprout until plant reaches 4-5th node.
    • 20/4 vegetative/flower until the last 2 weeks.
    • 24/0 to finish the plant through harvest.
    So, last night I started 20/4 and this morning the third plant showed pistils, four days after the first two plants. This is the plant that got the initial minor light burn.

Also, it took almost five days between waterings, which surprised me, since I'm still probably under watering. I think it's partly 'cuz the light isn't hitting the soil anymore, but should I also defoliate some at the bottom of the plant?? Just the leaves that aren't getting much light? Also, today I turned down the edges of the pots to improve air circulation.

For this last watering I did 2.5 quarts per plant and still didn't get much runoff. Plus, I upped the nutes to 3/4 strength. Plants are 12-14" tall. Baby leaf tips on all three plants look stressed...what's happening??? Zoom in on 2nd picture below. Just raised light to 28" which is minimum Viparspectra recommends for vegetative stage.
    Last edited by Cheesy; 08-26-2020, 12:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cheesy
    replied
    Week 4...on day 22 I upped it to 1.5 qts per plant and I'm still not getting much runoff. A few days later I did the same. On day 23, I got input from ya'll that I should cut off the big fan leaves at the top of the plant that block baby bud branches. So, I started doing that. The plants are growing at least an inch per day at this point. When the middle plant got within 21.5" inches from the light, the tips of the baby leaves turned yellow. You can see it if you zoom in on the day 25 picture below. So, I moved the light up to 24-26". Is that what it looks like to you?
    Last edited by Cheesy; 08-26-2020, 12:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Water until you get a runoff - then wait for a number of days to water again - wait until the pots are dry dry dry - them water to runoff.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X