Humidor packs for curing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Humidor packs for curing

Which humidor packs should I get the 62 or 72? I'm thinking 62... any input appreciated.

I use 62 and 58.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

outdoor
    Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
    Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

I'm thinking about going with the 62 myself.

Comment

I have some 61s but I'm not impressed with em. They throw a flavor......
        I've found that I agree with Tersky among others- humidity packs suck & are only for long term storage & for folk who can't handle doin a proper cure.

Comment

Ahh misunderstood....i only use them for storing. XXXbud, you dont want to use humidipacs for curing your bud. Its gotta dry slowly hanging,on a rack, clothesline, little airflow around it(not right at it). I like to use a dehumidifier in same room when im drying keeping it at or around 55-60%. Some people use paper bags for drying their bud. Then into jars, popping the lid at least once a day for a month. then your nearing a decent cure.
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

outdoor
          Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
          Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup. The paper bag is my method.
            Last edited by JDU; 08-24-2020, 10:47 PM.

• XXXbud
            XXXbud commented
            Editing a comment
            That's the way I've done it before was hang until little snap then put in mason jars and burp once twice a day for couple weeks until done....

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            yup @XXXbud..i try and go for a full month before i even do a tester..lol I give it a sniff test every day tho. 3rd to 4th week is when the smell starts coming around.

I've never used the packs before but am considering them for this years harvest. In the past I've used pumice rocks soaked in water and placed in plastic film canisters in my storage containers. It's primitive but has worked fine for me.

Comment

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            really crucialbunny ...shit if it works dont bother changing. These humidipacs dont last forever and aren't cheap. if you can just re-soak the pumice stone and re-use, sounds like a good idea. What kind of humidity can you maintain and what size jars or containers? Where can i find pumice stone?

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            I re-moistened mine to reuse and they work fine so far. Humidity is a little higher than 62% but I feel like it's just because I didn't let them dry enough. I just threw mine in a mason jar with a damp paper towel for a day and let them soak up the moisture. I do a dry trim so I use them to rehydrate my buds before they go in the Grovebags. Works great for me so far.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tin.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.7 KB ID:	440402
          Being a Cancer I keep every memory in a box of some kind. As a result I have dozens of tin containers like this one, and after cure I will keep each plant's bud in a different one to keep track of what's what. A pumice stone about 1 inch and submerged in water overnight then set in an open film canister seems to keep my product from getting too dry. I re-soak them every few weeks. I just gave my grandson my last bud from this previous year's grow and it still smelled and felt fine. (nearly a year) These don't seal as well as a mason jar but that can help in preventing mold I think. I still cure in mason jars but I prefer the tin can for long term storage. P.S. What's a grove bag dbhipps1020?

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
            newbutoldgrower75 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have always cured in mason jars for my outdoor plants as well, and using them for storage until a couple of years ago. Now I use these for storage.. https://justhydroponics.com.au/product/miron-wide-neck/ and can not fault them at all. And if you want to get really technical and keep the temperature and humidity for just right for storage, you can get these lids for them.. https://justhydroponics.com.au/produ...on-mypharmjar/

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that the prices for one jar and lid?

• newbutoldgrower75
            newbutoldgrower75 commented
            Editing a comment
            @dhipps1020 the first link is for the jar and a lid(this is all I use). The second link is for an optional lid(never used) for the same jar. I stored some buds away in a couple of these jars, and up until 14 months later they were just about the same colour, smell, taste and potency as from when I first stored them. I even ran a test with a normal mason jar when I first purchased them, huge difference in everything I mentioned in the previous sentence..

Mold can grow @ 55% and above, I dont use these packs.

Comment

Here's some girls I know...lol.

Comment

Did it send my pic?

Comment

• homegrown
                homegrown commented
                Editing a comment
                Negative..no pic

Jack Herer. 2 weeeks
              Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X