2nd try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd try

Started sprayin this lil darlin today- a Black Cherry Punch 4 clones removed from the reveg that SoOrbudgal sent me back in Dec.
    Last edited by JDU; 08-25-2020, 12:23 PM.

Spraying with what?

Comment

Using C silver

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll be interested on how that goes for you. Gonna try it on one of my dwarf clones next year. If I can keep them alive that long.

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        1st attempt wasn't spectacular- I didn't get the big clumps of balls like in all the pics or a pile of pollen. I did get a couple dozen seeds out of the GSCookies. I might tear into a Mango today & see what's up.

Have fun JDU
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Always!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_190940.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	447069
      Well. It turns out you can kill a plant with too much silver so I identified 2 low branches on her momma who would be good donors & carved a pocket to keep the spray off the rest of the plant & started over. Flipped em 3 days ago & they have started stretching.

Dammit! I DID upload at least one photo.....
      Attached Files

Comment

Lol- success!! Sheesh!

Comment

That stuff can be pretty toxic. Definitely don't harvest and smoke any bud from that plant. Did you buy it in the proper concentrations or did you have to mix it? I've never gone the reversing route but I am aware of a few different methods / chemicals to accomplish this. Excited to know how it turns out for you.

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            I read that every day aspirin is semi effective. 🤯

I bought it on Amazon. 50ppm.
          No I won't let it get on any other buds. I pull it from the tent away from any fans & hold a shield behind the target branches when I spray. Silver doesn't migrate. The rest of the plant will be fine but for that as well as for timing I DO like to use a small clone as the donor.
          Last edited by JDU; 09-11-2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• ChadWestport
            ChadWestport commented
            Editing a comment
            It's bugging me that I'm not 100% without looking it up, but I thought the colloidal silver was systemic, meaning the plant absorbs it into the tissue and can distribute it (not in large enough doses to reverse the whole plant) throughout, effecting the buds. But I'm not 100%

OK, yep, I looked it up -- Once the plants have been sprayed with colloidal silver and the pollen is collected, they are write-offs—86 them and don't smoke them. ... The colloidal silver is a systemic treatment absorbed into the plant through the foliage and not a topical application. Be safe and bin them --
          Feminized cannabis seeds only produce female plants, which has a number of advantages. Find out how to do it with Royal Queen Seeds.

Comment

Bummer.
            I wonder where I read that they were safe as long as none got on them...

Comment

• crucialbunny
              crucialbunny commented
              Editing a comment
              It seems to be a prevalent concept among growers. When I did it a couple years ago I only had pollen pods on the branches I sprayed so I made an assumption based on that experience. Until I read this article I had no idea how wide spread the use of CS was in agriculture.

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              Did it make ya sick?

• crucialbunny
              crucialbunny commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't believe I smoked any of it. It was a runt plant to begin with and never really produced any decent buds.The treatment really takes a toll on the plant. Many people drink it for health reasons. Jewelers are forever breathing in the fumes from silver solder and not many issues from what I've read. Farmers spray it on their crops and use it in their soil. Apparently it makes a good fungicide. It's use in treating marijuana to create pollen in females uses considerably more silver than other treatments so it's probably best to err on the side of caution and not smoke it. Everybody I know who uses the method considers the plant sacrificial and dumps it after.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X