RIP Chula Vista Dispensaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Chula Vista Dispensaries

The police and other law enforcement agencies have officially raided and closed all illegal dispensaries in Chula Vista. It's time to pay taxes and exorbitant prices. The market is flooded with THC products but are getting more expensive.

Plan your trips to SoCal accordingly.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

I read about this last month in one of the San Diego papers. They reported I believe that there were two guys behind most the dispensaries and there were a number of weapons confiscated. I remember them playing it as though they were being sold from "drug houses". Sounded very sinister but there has been a fairly long public movement to get dispensaries out of neighborhoods in that area. I don't get it. The voters pass legislation to legalize recreational use but then do everything in their power to drive it underground with overly restrictive regulations, taxes, ridiculous permit and license fees, so that only deep pockets can prevail. Thanks for bringing it up here for discussion.

Comment

Still illegal in my neck of the woods but like everything else, once the government gets involved it’s going to get expensive to purchase. They can have their dispensaries, I just want to be able to grow it legally here so I can landscape my yard with bud

Comment

I'm not sure if the county of San Diego is allowing communities to make their own decisions about dispensaries. There are plenty that are pretty well saturated with them. Down south in San Ysidro, there are, apparently two legal shops. North and south of me. Nothing in the middle.
        I must say I was a little weird about going to my last place. It was small and they packed the place with stoners who were required to wear a mask but still allowed in if they didn't have one. One of the owners smoked cigarettes in the place. Cash wise, there was one guy taking money and another guy putting stacks of bills together.
        If I'm for regulation, if regulation means full legalization, I shouldn't bitch about taxing weed, which I will have to be involved in with future purchases.
        And for those of you who hate the profit-before-people business scheme, if you buy weed, you are nothing but profit to those you buy from.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

I would like to believe that it's not a case of the voters trying to drive it underground after voting for legislation. I think it's a case of local. They dont want dispensaries in residential neighborhoods, school areas ect.. they want them in the unsavory parts of town, in the industrial sections, next to strip clubs and bars. Dont forget the tax revenue. I also think the govt I realizing that it's not the multi billion dollar cash cow us pot heads said it was lol.
          Here in canada the goal of the govt was two fold, to gain tax revenue from a black market as well as, to bury that black market by competitive pricing. In my province, and as far as I know most of the other provinces, set prices based on street prices. For the most part they have if not better. I get 4g for $20 including tax at my dispensary, and its quality weed. You cant dissolve a black market if the price is cheaper in that market.
          what gets me is, we fought a long hard battle to get this legalized and then bitch about having to pay taxes on it. For me I dont mind paying tax on it like any other goods or services, but I'll be damned if ill pay more than street value. But I do agree with bboy in that I wanted legalization so I could grow my own.
          3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
          1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
          1000w Tolys led (burple)
          Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
          Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
          No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            In America, our politicians aren’t sensible. I can see them selling above street values while cracking down on the black market to force people to purchase it legally at a higher price. That’s how it works here.

• MrMagic
            MrMagic commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I was politely trying to avoid saying that lol. I have watched the shit show down there and just shake my head and wonder what's going through their heads lol. They just went about it haphazardly. Our system didnt come without its idiocies either but I think we handled slightly better

• Xena
            Xena commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m not in a legal state, the one next to me is (med and rec) and there’s a shop just across the state line about 2 1/2 hours. A friend and I were talking about the crap that is on the street so I looked this place up next door thinking if both of us went together it might be worth the trip and it was 3.5g for $55, I don’t think so that’s way more than twice the street price here.

About the comment about the places that got closed having guns, I hope so. Since it’s still illegal at the fed level means they have to deal totally in cash and I’d have a bunch of guns if I ran one of those places.

I'm all about civil disobedience. It's the only way we've gotten where we are.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Dont get me wrong, I'm not one of these lambs waiting to be slaughtered. I'm all for for questioning, pushing and making the govt accountable. After all the govt is "for the people by the people". But I also think that weed should be treated similarly to alcohol. We want parks, pools, schools, social programs ect... the money has to come from somewhere; taxation. Just like when we fought to abolish prohibition, so to should weed be taxed. As for local, let's be smart about it use a little common sense and not put a dispensary next to school or church.
            3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
            1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
            1000w Tolys led (burple)
            Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
            Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
            No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

Comment

Weed and alcohol laws should be 100% reversed. Alcohol is a poison with high degree of addiction and should be schedule uno.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

• Xena
                Xena commented
                Editing a comment
                I don’t disagree, I haven’t drank in years but they tried it about 100 years ago. Didn’t work any better than outlawing weed.

Alcohol is way more political than weed because politicians drink Xena . Damn dirty hippies use weed. Right upstanding representatives of the American population, who do or don't use alcohol, use alcohol. If alcohol got illegalized, again, we'd have to close the congress and senate and junk because everyone would be in rehab. 'In God we Trust' would be replaced with 'This, too, shall pass.' Selective service would be replaced with a '90 meetings in 90 days' requirement for manhood. The '12 Steps and 12 Traditions' would be required memorization before being granted citizenship. Word!
              Prohibition seems like it was a real hoot. Way more homegrown terrorism. Wood alcohol. Bathtub gin. Antifreeze. But what alcohol prohibition had that weed prohibition doesn't have are speak easies. Or, weed easies. Maybe I'm too innocent or geocentric to know of any.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

Lmao
                it IS California.......

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X