Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My journey into the unknown

Hey everyone.
    Currently I have 3 bag seed girls growing wonderfully outside in 10 fabric pots full of FFOF. I been using FF trio but recently switch to maxi bloom with cal mag and fish sh!t added. They are between 4' and 5'6" tall. Just starting to flower now. But thats not what this thread is meant for.
    Here we go!

I'm kinda of went in to picking my seeds blindly. I purchased 10 Fro-Yo auto fems and I also bought 10 bubblelicious auto fems. All purchased from seedman. Took a few months to arrive but in this hobby nothing good happens fast. Patience is key. ( I'm working on that one myself....
    As for equipment im using...
    3x3 Gorilla grow tent
    Spectrum king SK402 led with a 120° lens. Shes a fucking beast!!
    Infinity T6 exhaust fan with a temperature and humidity controller built in. Also a Phat 6×16 carbon filter
    Couple small 6" fans
    All natural co2 bag
    For soil im useing 30% new nectar of the gods soil and recycled FFoF should with some extra coco and perlite. I found nectar of the gods soil stays damp for far too long. So I mixed it up with the others I stated. Sould work well.
    I'm using a few different pots. A couple 4x4 plastic pots for Germination and the 5 gallon fabrics for their final home..
    I'll be using the full line of Technaflora nutes for this grow. Maybe add some Fish sh!t. It did well out doors for me. Hopeing for the same inside.
    As of today the 3 plants ill be focusing on are on day 30 since the broke ground. I believe i stunted them due to over watering. Won't make that mistake again. They seem to be making huge daily improvements since I installed my SK402. Previously I was using a Covert 150 ufo.
    I'll try to post photos every few days with updates. Hope you guys join in.
    Thanks PL.
    Last edited by PLreef; 09-04-2020, 07:47 PM.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

I'll post pics tomorrow of the infinity fan. The one pictured is a max can I originally bought. The Infinity is much better and much more quieter..
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I know they are on the short side for 30 days old. My hope is that the girls will continue to respind well to the new light and the growth will explode and I can start my first manifold.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        If they are autoflowers you don't want to do a manifold or you'll lose a lot of your yield. At this point (30 days) they may also start flowering soon. I would probably just bend them over and tie them down at this point. I did a bit of research about training autoflowers and the only training recommendations other than tying down was topping once just above the fifth node. I topped mine but you won't want to do that after she starts budding. My autoflowers started budding at about 3 weeks for the Blueberry and about 4-4.5 for the Amnesia, as a reference. It's my first time with autoflowers so I'm by no means an expert, but that's my thoughts for you. Hope it helps.

That light looks scary! Awsome but scary

Comment

dphipps1020 I was kinda of afraid of that. Wishful thinking on my part I suppose. Them being stunted really put a damper on things.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just keep them going, they might surprise you. Who knows right? Maybe she's a late bloomer?

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats kinda what I'm hoping for. Its been 4 weeks an no sign of flower yet.

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had some just start almost 5 weeks in. I have another with pistils but no bud formation just yet. It's crazy how different each plant is.

Rather than doing any type of topping or cutting I did some LST this afternoon. Bent the girls down almost 90°.
        On a separate note the bubblelicious seed that i planted a few days ago popped this am.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Nice setup. Practice and patience make for perfect. You will learn more from your mistakes than your successes and this forum and the attached manual are a terrific help. Don't hesitate to make use of both.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Thanks OldManGrower, this site and its people have helped me tremendously. I dont expect to yeald much from this grow. More of a practice run. I'm hoping to learn from my mistakes and make my next grow better.
            Looks like the girls didn't mind the LST. Im watering considerably less, added stronger lighting and the plants look much better.
            Attached Files
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Seems my girls are making progress. Every day I'm watching them get bigger and fill out. I started tucking some of the larger fan leaves under new branches. They seem to be taking well to the training. Im amazed how fast they grow.
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Quick update tonight. Garden is growing nicely. I topped my smaller auto (week 4) and am working on training the branches. Super happy with growth right now with all my autos. Im starting to see white hairs popping up on bud sites.
                5x5 Gorilla tent
                Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                Technaflora nutes
                Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Driller
                  Driller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking real nice.

• PLreef
                  PLreef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Driller, the girls are filling in nicely. Im wondering if I should do some kind of lite defoliation?? They are getting super bushy, nothing like my outdoor photos.

• Doubledealing72
                  Doubledealing72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That plant you topped sure does look familiar to me 😂 your plants are looking good reef, keep it up!

Thanks Doubledealing72. Im trying to retain as much info as I can from you guys. Im just experimenting with different grow methods to try and figure out what works for me. I've heard both sides when it comes to toppling autos. I have 3 growing well with just some LST and am curious to see how main lining would work on my 4th.
                5x5 Gorilla tent
                Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                Technaflora nutes
                Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

•••Update •••
                  Seems like I'm starting to iron out the wrinkles. My autos have reached 25" and are really starting to get bushy. I did some minor defoliating but not sure if I should do more. I tucked as many leaves as I could but a bunch of the bud sites are being over grown.
                  Only issue lately is that they are a little droopy. I suspect I gave them too much water. I'll let them dry out a bit more between watering.
                  The 2 other autos that are still in veg are training really well. I topped them both and am working on manifolding. Growth is really taking off.
                  Attached Files
                  5x5 Gorilla tent
                  Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                  Technaflora nutes
                  Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Hope these flowers start to bulk up
                    Attached Files
                    5x5 Gorilla tent
                    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                    Technaflora nutes
                    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Couple more pics
                      Attached Files
                      5x5 Gorilla tent
                      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                      Technaflora nutes
                      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Just got done watching that shit show that I forgot to take pics. Ill post up a proper update tomorrow. All I got to say is that my girls look amazing! Really proud of them right now. They are looking beautiful, buds are getting big and this guy is pretty happy. More tomorrow folks.
                        5x5 Gorilla tent
                        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                        Technaflora nutes
                        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X