Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tons of yellowing leaves..What can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Tons of yellowing leaves..What can I do?

Please help, I started to get many yellowing leaves and figured it was a surplus of nutrients so I flushed my two plants and they were very happy for a few days now the yellowing has begun again some of them are veiny looking and I don't know where to start or what to give them can anyone tell me what they think it might be? I have not felt any food since the flush but I'm afraid I'm going to lose my plants if I can't figure it out

I call it fall, they shed leaves/storage tanks and use the stored nutes. Letting them get to dry can do this as well,
    Are you feeding for flowers now?

Comment

• Nicoleyoung
      Nicoleyoung commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been scared to feed anything, when I look up causes it says magnesium is likely to do that, but I don't want to make any more mistakes so ever since the flush I've just been watering, I usually wait till she starts to droop the water I don't know if that's healthy? Or if I should water on a regular schedule?

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Nicoleyoung Water before they wilt, wilting brings on survival mode and leaves get eaten. I pick up small pots if lite I water if still heavy I dont. With this plat outside, let the leaves stay until they come off with a gentle tug (why waist nutes that are stored in these leaves).

Defoliate the yellow and big fan leaves, and feed her for flower. I have been cutting branches from the bottoms of mine that would be cringeworthy to some folks, you are unlikely to hurt her.

Comment

• Mazzariman
      Mazzariman commented
      Editing a comment
      I like to use those small "sucker" branches for breeding. I carefully pollinate them with my best males so I don't end up with seeded colas etc. Otherwise, I cut em off too, as it lets the plant focus it's energy where it is really needed!

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I have 1 plant I have removed limbs from, its a mutant and split 10 ways, had to be thinned. On a normal plant I bury the bottom 4 limbs as they will grow roots, kinda like cloning with the clone still on the donor.

• Mazzariman
      Mazzariman commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Rwise, in the book Marijuana Botany 1981, (outdated by todays standards) it covered burying branches while still attached to the main stalk. Cutting them loose to become new plants after they've developed their own root systems. Cool!

I agree, plant looks healthy enough. I'd worry if the smaller upper and bud site leaves were yellowing. Here's one of mine that has been yellowing for a couple of weeks now. Same notes, soil, watering, sun etc as all the rest. Probably just genetics. She's about done so I'm not worried at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yellowing.png
Views:	132
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	439882
    Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

• Nicoleyoung
      Nicoleyoung commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh God thank you! I have really been stressing out about this and this is my first time growing so I didn't know it was even supposed to look like your picture! What a relief… I really appreciate you sharing a picture for reference! Thank you so much!

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhh the signs of fall harvest are approaching...........kinda a bummer not ready for less sunlight days.

• Mazzariman
      Mazzariman commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to help Nicoleyoung. Everything I know I learned in KinderGarden! Still a humble servant to the Ganja Godess.

Look for tiny bugs in the soil or on sides of pot after watering. The yellow vieny leaves is one sign of root aphids. I hope you don't have them. At the point the leaves turn yellow there is nothing that can be done to kill them.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I have read peroxide and water kills root aphids, I have not tried it, DE helps

Your plant is entering the flower phase now and draining her sun leaves. It's a good thing and nothing to worry about. Removing the spent yellow leaves will do no harm and will make you feel a whole lot better about how she looks, Some strains do this more than others I have found over the years. Overall health looks strong.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X