Manifolding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manifolding

So this is my 5th grow. My last 2 have averaged 2.5 oz per plant under a 250w hps in soil. I've been using a scrog net for training and its worked OK. Below is an example from the last grow.

I've made some upgrades to my tent, mostly adding an air cooled reflector which has given me more control over the temperature. In that it gets above 30 much less

​​​​​​This time round I'm trying the manifold method to see if I can increase my yields. I'm growing 2 Urban Guerrillas from Freedom Seeds. It's a Zkittles and GG#4 cross. Also as I have a little extra room this time I've got a widow from the same seedbank called White Witch on the side. Just for fun!

Step 1!

Comment

And step 2. Now to keep the tops even and relax!

Comment

Impressive!

Comment

I can get more yield in a shorter amount of time running a scrog but a well performed manifold just looks cool. Plus it makes maintenance, defoliation and trimming after harvest so much easier

Comment

Thanks! I noticed last night that I had topped one of them at the wrong node but it's sorted now!

I have been wondering how manifolding will yield compared to the scrog. It is certainly less work! I'm aiming for 8 big colas whereas my scrog attempts have yielded many more but of varying size. Having seen the plant in the tutorial hit six under a 250w hps at 2 feet tall I feel I have much room for improvement!

Comment

• Damngrower
              Damngrower commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I hope they are as good as advertised! If this goes well then I've got some Ogkz from Humbolt to give the same treatment!

• bboyfromwayback
              bboyfromwayback commented
              Editing a comment
              A manifold will usually give you bigger buds overall although not all strains are suited for this technique. I have one mother plant from bag seed that still produces popcorn buds even after a manifold. They’re not larf, they’ll all be dense but spread out.

• Damngrower
              Damngrower commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool, that's good to know. This strain seems ideal for it but ultimately there is only one way to find out. I just want to break 3oz per plant 😂

Quick photo update.

A few days since the second topping and they're going great! Anyone else name their plants?

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              I usually grow plants in pairs, named Bud and Extract.

I'm doing mine a little different but my step 1 was just yesterday. Second branches are ready to top already even. Growth not stunted whatsoever. They want to grow badly

Comment

• Damngrower
              Damngrower commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good!

Quick photo update, my girls are 2 days in to 12/12 and stretching nicely. I may have let them get a little taller than I initially planned but I've got room. Under the 250w hps Im planning for 12 inches of light penetration so will likely trim everything below that line at week 3.

Had a slight accident with the white witch, lost a limb due to heavy handed training 😂 she's a freebie so I'm not too sad about it.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Aww the witch lost her broom handle......she'll be just fine and those other arms of hers will grow stronger. Plants look great

• Shankemdirty
              Shankemdirty commented
              Editing a comment
              One time on my manifold i was bending one side of the main stem and it snapped only hanging on by its outer skin but i used electrical tape to hold it in place while it healed and it healed right up and still had a great harvest just a thought next time you break something you might be able to fix it if you get to it in time. was googling mad posts to see if i could save it and was reading alot of posts about people saving alot worse.

• Damngrower
              Damngrower commented
              Editing a comment
              I did try to save it with tape but it was too severely damaged. We live and learn😂

I'm trying manifold for the first time and I just wanted to share the link that I'm using for instruction. Because it's on GWE I'm pretty sure you've seen this but just in case you haven't ....

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: What is Main-Lining Cannabis? Ultra-Quick Guide to Building a Manifold
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            👇my one n only journal👇
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I have not attempted it fully yet myself i get close but not a good manifolder yet. I don't know why it's feels like i'm skinning a rabbit? I got jittery and quit LOL but i will get over the hump. You guys are so good with these things.

• Damngrower
              Damngrower commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep I totally understand that feeling!! Though now I've been through it once I expect it to feel a little less weird next time!

Yep followed those steps for the two Guerrillas, thanks though 👍

Comment

I followed every step to a t and so far the results are great but I just started my 8th week of veg and the colas are well formed but they don't seem to be growing upward maybe 1/2" a day if that. Have any ideas? Light is 110W (from wall) Candyland strain topped and mainline, mother earth Coco/Perlite, ff trio and Calimagic, 3gal fabric pot Click image for larger version

Name:	20200901_085324.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	444026Click image for larger version

Name:	20200903_134844.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	444027Click image for larger version

Name:	20200903_134944.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	444028Click image for larger version

Name:	20200902_101317.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	444029Click image for larger version

Name:	20200902_101333.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	444030
              God created the herbs of the fields for us to enjoy! The resinous smoke from all of this herb from all over the world rises like incense to his honor and glory!

Comment

• Damngrower
                Damngrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Well I'm no expert but I'll offer what little experience I have had in that sort of scenario. 8 weeks of veg is looooooong. My girls had about a month and are about 40cm tall. Strain plays a part but I'd say you are definitely experiencing slow growth. When that has happened to me in the past it's been due to low temps during lights out or due to wpm, but you'd see that.
                I can't say I see anything wrong with the plants and you've done a lovely job with the manifold 👍
                I use an Hps setup myself but I know that LEDs have different requirements as far as distance from the plants, maybe the lights need raising to encourage a bit of stretch? I hope this is useful!

• Damngrower
                Damngrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Incidentally, what sort of heat does your lighting set up throw off? I guess more accurately how much hotter does inside get compared to outside the tent?

• USMCnoviceMedical
                USMCnoviceMedical commented
                Editing a comment
                I use all leds as well and to be honest 110 watts from wall is a bit low. You need more light. I started with some weaker lights like that in the beginning and experienced similar growth. Look up the light and check ppfd. That's real important with these leds.

The three I use
                All kind.
                L300 actual draw 220w
                K5 xl750 actual 430w
                X2 CGL actual 750w

Tent is at a fair 74 degrees lights on daytime mostly. 8 degree warmer outside of tent. Led is not hot at all I have to run a/c in apartment to keep the 72-74 stable inside the tent. I also water with nutes once a day but in coco I dont see that as a problem right now. the light is at 18" maybe I should move it higher? will the plant actually seek the light to get closer or will it suffer not having enough?
              God created the herbs of the fields for us to enjoy! The resinous smoke from all of this herb from all over the world rises like incense to his honor and glory!

Comment

• USMCnoviceMedical
                Editing a comment
                Move it as close as you can till it stresses the girls.

Originally posted by Old1stTimer View Post
              Tent is at a fair 74 degrees lights on daytime mostly. 8 degree warmer outside of tent. Led is not hot at all I have to run a/c in apartment to keep the 72-74 stable inside the tent. I also water with nutes once a day but in coco I dont see that as a problem right now. the light is at 18" maybe I should move it higher? will the plant actually seek the light to get closer or will it suffer not having enough?
              Im also investing in a light in a day or two that will put out 390 actual watts then i can push for 500 using both lights

Comment

• USMCnoviceMedical
                Editing a comment
                Above all make sure there is a ppfd chart that shows the amounts of light given. Dont trust there coverage specs they all try to show the veg coverage only as the plant doesn't need as much light then as when flowering.

I'm trying manifold for the first time to. These girls are 5 weeks old from seeds transplanted once I just top dressed them with flower nutes meaning I'm one week from switching to flower. The last picture is one that doesn't want to grow up (mutant) it has never been topped but has multiple 11 finger leaves her nodes are so close together they touch I'm starting to think the branches are going to grow around then above her main you can see them around the sides. I have 2 blurples think 230w together and a sf2000 205w all actual draw. I keep my lights at about 30 inches until I get the second multi fingered leaves then I stay around 25 inches until the switch to flower I let the girls grow to the lights until they're around 16 inches away where they stay until harvest. Last harvest from 7 plants I got think it was 25.9 ounces I'd have to look at my grow sheet to be sure if not it's 26 something hopefully I'll better that this time with manifold definitely beat the one before at under 10 that's before the sf2000

EDIT = Sorry I think I ended up with 6 plants by the end last time, I lost one that hermied
              Last edited by MeEasy; 09-04-2020, 01:19 AM.
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              👇my one n only journal👇
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Damngrower
                Damngrower commented
                Editing a comment
                They look great! A real neat job!

• USMCnoviceMedical
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely beautiful

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X