Heat wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat wave

Just a lil shout out to the West coast in particular- I hope everyone came thru that blistering heat ok. Salem, OR had 3 days of 98°F or higher. I saw that Death Valley hit 130° ystrdy. Seems like this was the yr to grow sativas out this way.
    How did folk cope with the heat? I'd like to hear some hints n hacks.....

had a heat wave in Europe last week got up to 95f (35c). I was putting 5L frozen water bottles in my small tent in front of the fan. lowered temp to 2-3c under ambient. she pulled out fine but she's a haze so can handle higher temps. didn't seem to affect humidity that much. at first the humidity drops by 10-15% from all the condensation but it quickly rises back up near ambient.

unless you do hydro and control water temps i don't think there is much to do sadly, outside of ac.

Comment

• Damngrower
      Damngrower commented
      Editing a comment
      I had the same problem, my tent was hitting the 40s sometimes but there seems to be no lasting damage thankfully!

105f here maybe hotter in Roseburg town. 90s rest the week or below real nice breeze helps but man is it humid. I took all the autos off the roof for there health and my hubby building new steps up there so they are gone. LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      We hit 102 the other day but Portland & Roseburg have been hotter'n us as usual.

Nope no heat wave here in my part of Canada... 2 weeks ago yes but not this week, and beside my grow room is heat wave proof loll As I speak the girls are sleeping to a cool 23C, 73F for my American friends
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Heatwave proof eh?
      Ok now I'm triple jealous of ya hahaha.

The heat and humidity here in Southern California has made it feel like a Mexican Rain Forest. Sultry heat, but the evenings in the garden are amazingly fragrant.

Comment

Only 104 here today, 111 down in the valley. If we are real lucky could be as low as 99 Sat. first time below 100 in 2 months!

Comment

106 108 111 106 107 tomorrow 102 thank you Jesus!!
        bringing this one down tomorrow heat was kicking her ass..wedding Cake
        chop
        clean
        wash
        Dry
        hang

Click image for larger version

Name:	A230DE6A-2041-4E8C-912D-D0054F2C0575.jpeg
Views:	221
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	437961
        420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
        Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
        2 Lemon Skunk Plants
        (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
        CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          That is an absolute beauty. I was given 3 Wedding Cake clones but I got them late in the season and they began flower a few weeks ago and are only about 18"-20" tall. That main cola is magnificent.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Man that's a beauty. I'm going to toss a wedding cake into my cookie grow LOL that's my next run cake and cookies. We fell for the wedding cake last run to dispensary my hubby really enjoyed it and me too. Picked up seeds

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice grow!!

.......You're gonna wash the buds? In water? Wont they mold?

All y'all got Ok's hot ass weather, thats ok you can keep it, LOL I kinda like getting up to mid 50's-low 60s and highs in the 80s. September October like weather for here, the doors are open with fresh cool air moving through the house.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Brother i had to get up 2x last eve sweat just dripping. But it cools into the 60s by 2am just dandy. We have in the 90's f daily, cloud cover humidity. Oh boy wonder what sept. will bring outdoor growers prepare for thunder showers and flowering girls

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I just cant wait (ya right!) for the High over the desert SW to start coming my way. With the cooler days I am getting things done outside like about 300 feet of fence installed.

It’s been a pretty damn hot year. Watch out for mold

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah...... 77°F & overcast with light sprinkles for 2 days..... I got WPM to spare outdoors. 😑

Summer came and went this week up near Bellingham, WA. Rain last night, sweet Mother! I grow indoors, but the cool-off was nice.

You can buy seeds in OR dispensaries??? I just found out you can get clones in them. Joyriding to Salem on Saturday for In n Out Burgers!
        I've been ready to go to Medford all summer, but learned there is one near Salem - a mere day-trip if you really like tripping, LOL.
        Now I may include the dispensary tour as well
        Last edited by AccidentalGardener; 08-20-2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          Isn't there some sisters operating one out yonder in Petticoat Junction? Or maybe it was Hooterville? I been out here on Choctaw Ridge so long I can't remember anymore.

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Sho nuff! I'm thinin it's Hootersville lol.
          I tell you what- this city livin sure has got me missin the boondocks!!

• AccidentalGardener
          AccidentalGardener commented
          Editing a comment
          JDU Check yer PMs!

Are all y'all ready for this? 2 big nasties hitting the gulf near the same time and place, I think that heat wave is about to break! Everything here says rain, and lots of it, turtles are heading uphill, dragon flies are at the hill top, smoke is hanging low, ants are building up the sides of their den, the girls dont want to let go of yellow leaves, and many other signs (my back is killing me!).
        Hang on folks, we gonna get wet!

Comment

Good luck Rwise hopefully it won't do any real harm.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal All I will see here is maybe heavy rain and winds, FL pan handle is getting rain now. Now if I start seeing sea gulls, I'll close the attic vents. Looks like both are going to take different tracks over land, thats good.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X