Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DW2
    replied
    Howdy cybersmib, I also have mobility problems and have to use a cane to get around. My grow (DWC) area is an actual closet with bi-fold doors, so the entire front opens up (just proves that's it better to lucky than smart, LOL). I have the reservoirs up on a shelf supported by two 5 gallon buckets (facilitates easy drainage). When I need to maintain the plants, I open the doors and place my chair in front and do the work. Here's a photo of the setup, if it will help You out.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Same here, I can no longer bend the fingers on my R hand. I have other issues too but this is my biggest challenge with growing.

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    yep, JDU, thats one of them. Nice! Somebody in the solo cup challenge did an iv drip too LOL ..ill have to look back and see.

• gbauto
    replied
    I lost my right leg below the knee 5 years ago when Bambi decided to kamikaze me on my motorcycle.
    I began growing 4 years ago to help with pain management, so it's been a big learning curve(in all respects).
    My main grow is a 4 site UC hydro system in a 5x8( 5x5 under canopy) walk-in closet.
    My favorite aid is a mechanics roller stool that lets me scoot around the girls without needing to bend over.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/pneuma...eat-46319.html
    I also use a 4x4 tent for pheno hunting with both soil and coco grows.
    I've found that as long as I have access on 3 sides of the tent, everything is manageable.
    Last edited by gbauto; 08-18-2020, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    replied
    You mean this one homegrown ?
    3.5ft of 3/4in pvc 2 elbows & a cheap funnel.
    I have a 2.0 model in mind- with a dip for better control & a cap with holes drilled so it's like a watering can & dont dig holes when you water.

Leave a comment:

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    Thats a great idea crucialbunny .. And cybersmib, i made a few plant caddies as well, makes a big difference with my back. Im pretty sure somebody here at GWE made a homemade DIY water system last year..able to reach back of tent. growell has a good suggestion..can you convert a room for you grow space? all one level, get a stool with wheels. be patient...im sure you'll get some ideas from the folks here...good peeps.

• growell
    replied
    maybe get someone to come in and build a grow tailored to u if u have a spare room then u can get rid of tent maybe hydroponics then it 1 tub and on timer u only have to fill your big bucket hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Great idea there crucialbunny also a long neck water can dollar store

• crucialbunny
    replied
    My daughter is in a wheelchair with use of only one hand. I have MacGyver'd many helpful systems for her. What comes to mind to me that might help you out is a lazy susan platform to keep your plants on. You can be at the opening of your tent and simply spin each plant to the opening. A few knee surgeries has made hands and knees work difficult for myself and I will often use a mechanics rolling chair for near ground tasks.

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    replied
    Welcome cybersmib If it has to do with growin weed you're in the right place!
    I've had back surgery and a cracked vertebra- separate injuries. I've enjoyed having an oversized tent with room to step in & maneuver so that'd be my 1st recommendation. & cheap tables to bring plants off the floor so I dont have to bend over in the veg tent.

What's your setup?

Leave a comment:

• Xena
    replied
    I have a few challenges too with mobility but my main thing is only one usable hand. I understand some of your problems but I honestly don’t have any advice at this time, I just do what needs to be done and rest after but if I come up with any shortcuts I’ll gladly share them and hope you do the same.

Leave a comment:

• Justinblack
    replied
    At present Physically Challenged is Growing in the world. We shall be aware of and need to help.

Leave a comment:

• cybersmib
    started a topic Physically Challenged Growers

Physically Challenged Growers

I am currently involved with my first grow and I have some physical challenges with my feet mainly. As a result, one of my biggest challenges has been getting in and out of tent to address the needs of my plants. As a result, I built several plant caddies and I hope to be able to navigate the plant closer to the opening so I can feed, defoliate, etc without climbing in. I was hoping there were others who would be willing to share some the challenges they had to overcome, hopefully providing some guidance to other (especially me). I apologize if this this the wrong forum to address, and respectfully request that I be point in a more appropriate forum. Thanks

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X