Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall Grow - Girl Scout Cookies Fem./Durban Poison Fem. (MCS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eigholte
    replied
    2021-01-03: Week 19 - Week 13 of flowering completed

Skipped a week's update. Still Growing, the GSC is getting really close - I think it might be time to go into a flush for a week. I suspect the durban may need another 2 weeks or so, so maybe one more feeding for that plant.

Having them mature on different weeks may be a plus: This may split up the necessary trimming work into smaller chunks. Also, with the colas being fewer and larger in number, I expect there will be less trimming to do in the first place.

Looking forward to this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-01-03 13.34.01scaled.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	478965

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I see color change in that GSC

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-12-20: Week 17 - Week 11 of flowering completed

Chugging along. Had one moment where I may have watered the GSC a little too late - the poor plant got a little droopy. But it perked back up quickly and didn't loose any leaves so doesn't seem like I did much harm.

The GSC is at about 50% curled pistils and a quick trichrome check shows a mix of clear and cloudy trichromes with hints of amber.
    The Durban is at about 20% or less curled pistils and a trichrome check shows mostly clear with a few cloudy and no amber.

Both have nice, chonky colas, and no visibly dead sugar leaves and no signs of mold.

Ambient humidity this week has been around 40-49% or so.

Just a tent shot for today - it's been a long day leading up the the week of Christmas, and not the easiest year, so I may be starting to phone things in a little bit. Ah well, will get back on the horse after a bit of rest.

Name:	2020-12-20 18.45.28scaled.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	475539

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    commented on 's reply
    16 weeks for the durban sounds about right to me, honestly. This might be the biggest yield I get out of single plants yet? It helps I put both lights in the same tent, so it won't be a true apples-to-apples comparison that way, but I'll take it regardless - means I got more green out of each seed, really.

This has been a fairly good grow, all things considered. A few blips here and there, but no big catastrophes to my knowledge.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    You gotta be happy with this grow it's so nice to have carefree plants/healthy and just watch the changes. We are sure having fun with our harvest of GSC although it gives us the munchies something terrible LOL. That Durban i grew took 13wks in flower but man she was the bomb. Huge yield.

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-12-13: Week 16 - Week 10 of flowering completed

Grow is chugging along. There is starting to be a gap in maturity between the GSC and the Durban Poison. The GSC is starting to show more and more red pistils and looks to be moving towards maturity. The Durban is still showing a lot of white.

Humidity has been pretty good, had one spike up to 55% that happened when I had recently watered AND was using the room outside the grow tent as a gym as intended. (Apparently my sweating will boost the RH. This seems like a predictable thing).

Have been interspersing pH'd water between feedings and am not seeing any signs of underfeeding, so that's nice. Just need to keep the grow going until the plants mature. The Sativa in them seems to be requiring more grow time.

BUT! These may be some of the biggest, nicest colas I've grown, and so far no signs of mold. Haven't had any dead sugar leaves for mold to eat yet, so that helps!

Name:	2020-12-13 12.05.37scaled.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	473629

GSC Cola:

Name:	2020-12-13 12.06.30scaled.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	473630

Durban Poison Cola:

Name:	2020-12-13 12.06.48scaled.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	473631

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-12-06: Week 15 - Week 9 of flowering completed

So, we are still growing! I had hoped that next week would be harvest week, but that seems unlikely. Still a great deal of white pistils on the buds. But MAN do I have a really good set of chonky colas!

Humidity has been pretty well managed, topping out at 55% or so, more typically 45-50%. This week the plants have gotten 2 gallons of pH'd water and 1 gallon of feed mix. So far, so good. No signs of mold at present, and I hope it stays that way!

Name:	2020-12-06 13.18.08scaled.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	472153

Durban Poison cola:

Name:	2020-12-06 13.19.05DPscaled.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	472151

Girl Scout Cookies cola:

Name:	2020-12-06 13.18.49GSCscaled.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	472152

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-11-29: Week 14 - Week 8 of flowering completed

So, still not a lot of red pistils yet. Buds are putting on some weight as we go, too.

Not a lot to report this week, just keeping up with watering and feeding as usual. Not changing the formula there, have reached about as concentrated a nutrient solution as I am willing to give these plants, and am spacing that out with pH'd water between feedings. Given the size of the plants, they need to be watered at least every four days now.

Humidity control has been good, this week has been between 42% and 54% humidity overall - so that should help in keeping mold from getting into this grow like it did the mystic. Given that I'm at week 8 since 12-12 now, I find myself wondering how much longer I am going to need to mature things. I think I may need another four weeks. So I won't be making an x-mas gifts out of my trim here, I think. But that's okay, if my friends want stuff they know how to ask.

Name:	2020-11-29 11.47.57scaled.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	470378

Girl Scout Cookies:

Name:	2020-11-29 11.48.18GSCscaled.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	470381

Durban Poison:

Name:	2020-11-29 11.48.38DPscaled.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	470379

Name:	2020-11-29 11.48.50DPscaled.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	470380

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-11-22: Week 13 - Week 7 of flowering completed

So, last week I found a hacky way to get my lights just a little higher up. The plants seem to be doing better now that there's a more appropriate 8-10" from the LEDs, but there was a little bit of light burn damage that happened before I figured that out. So far, it doesn't seem to be causing any additional issues, but I noticed at least one cola that's putting on more growth now that the source of stress is removed.

Colas are putting on weight really nicely right now, but I am not seeing many, if any, red pistils yet. So this grow could take a little longer to mature than I thought. However, if the plants keep putting on weight like this, then that may not be a bad thing - I could get a pretty sizeable yield if nothing goes wrong.

I keep flashing back to my Blue Mystic grow with this - it too had really good colas and was dealing with lightburn. But in that case I didn't deal with the light-burn in time and some sugar leaves died. Also the humidity was higher 60-70% rather than the 40-60% I am seeing right now. I think those two things combined to lead to the mold issues I had with the Blue Mystic, which cost me a lot of my bud in the end. I think I'm just a step ahead of those problems this time, and plants willing, I might just get to the end with some pristine, hefty colas and no fungus amongus!

Fingers crossed!

Name:	2020-11-22 16.53.38canopy-scaled.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	469005

Durban Cola:

Name:	2020-11-22 16.54.14 Durban-scaled.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	469004

GSC Cola:

Name:	2020-11-22 16.55.02 GSC-Scaled.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	469006

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-11-15: Week 12 - Week 6 of flowering completed

Getting closer! No issues with watering this week - have stayed on top of it.

Am beginning to see hints of light issues with the top leaves nearest the lights - height is maxed out in there, and I have no room to bring the lights up further. I've been bending the main colas outward as I can to try and keep them out of the brightest areas in the centre - leaving that to the fan leaves further down the plant.

Starting to see the buds put on weight which is really nice! Also seeing the very first of the red pistils starting to happen. Not nearly mature yet, but there is four more weeks to go for that to happen in.

Humidity is between 40% to 60%, with the high end of that right after watering and temperature is 20c-23c for now. Not a lot of "cool nights", but as neither of these strains are known for bringing out color in cooler temps, I'm not sure I need to force that at all. They seem happy enough with the temperatures as they are now.

Tent overview:

Name:	2020-11-15 16.52.13scaled.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	467739

Durban Poison:

Name:	2020-11-15 16.52.35scaled.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	467738

GSC:

Name:	2020-11-15 16.53.05scaled.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	467737

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    commented on 's reply
    I wish I had your foresight at this point - the height in my tent is completely maxed out right now!

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-11-08: Week 11 - Week 5 of flowering completed

So, missed a week there. Things were a little nutty around here for the last week or so. Unfortunately, I missed a watering too, and the two plants both got super thirsty. They've bounced back now, but they've self-lolipopped from the lack of water for a bit - the lower leaves were the hardest hit and several fell off.

Apart from that, however, it appears that flowering is trucking along. All the pistils are still white for the moment, zero reddening or curling, which I suspect means both that A) I DID manage to get all that pollen cleaned up, and B) We have a ways to go, and hopefully a lot more bud-weight to put on.

Looking at the photos, the Durban Poison might be a little hungry. Am seeing some lighter foliage at the bottoms. I should get them more water in a day or two. (Right now, they're still a little too moist to water again, I think).

Name:	2020-11-08 scaled.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	433.5 KB
ID:	466172

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good i'm about same time frame with my GSC flowering. But i LST hard on them early and tied the arms down. Week 4 of flower i release all the ties allow them to stretch up then or straighten up alittle. I got them about 23" from light so we are looking groovy.

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-10-25: Week 9 - Week 3 of flowering completed

Looking back at last weeks photos, these ladies are still stretching upwards over the last week. Proto buds are firmly established, and look promising!

Just have to find a way to ensure I don't end up with a lot of light burn on the top colas - I have some nicely trained main colas, and I really don't want to lose any bud from them if I can help it. I will need to see if there's a way I can get creative. My attempts at supercropping have often failed - breaking the skin and causing trauma have been the main failures - so maybe I need to look at new ways to do some LST/bending inside the tent.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-10-25 10.27.49scaled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.9 KB ID:	462898

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-10-25 10.28.33scaled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.5 KB ID:	462897
    Last edited by Eigholte; 10-26-2020, 01:32 PM. Reason: Editing date to be correct. Photos taken on the 25th, update posted on the 26th.

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-10-18: Week 8 - Week 2 of flowering completed

So, both plants seem fairly happy and appear to have adjusted to the light for the most part. Had a few areas try to go taco-leaved, but I think I've got it sorted. I'm now at very close to the maximum workable height with all my equipment up in the top of the tent though. Will have to watch that.

This week the GSC got hungry, so there will be some lime-green leaves at the bottom in these photos. Got them both well fed now, I hope. I was able to get away with feeding lightly earlier, but now that flowering is on, both the plants have begun to demand more of me. It may also be the increase in available light, too, that's helping drive that increased demand for plant food.

Both plants are now just starting to show their proto-buds on the top, and both are showing nice pistils at various nodes along the stems. Definitely have two happy ladies on my hands.

AND no signs of curled pistils anywhere, so I think I managed to get all that old pollen out of the tent. (My GOD that Purple Kush male sure knew how to blow a load! )

Here's the status of the tent right now:

Name:	2020-10-18 13.06.26scaled.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	460761 .

A happy little Durban Poison Proto-bud

Name:	2020-10-18 13.07.27scaledDP.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	460763

And a happy little GSC proto-bud!

Name:	2020-10-18 13.08.30ScaledGSC.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	460762

Getting excited to see what kind of flower growth happens in the next few weeks!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X