Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall Grow - Girl Scout Cookies Fem./Durban Poison Fem. (MCS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eigholte
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, they're both doing really well right now! I did trim mine down right before heading into flower, but they bounced back fast. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next few weeks!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Fella those look so strong and healthy. I got 3 GSC in my 4x4 and i trained so much i think i stunted them or they just were to young in their cloned life post flip? I don't know but now i don't have to worry much about height LOL. They are 2wks into flowering. Wish i could show you but my phone went kaput and i've not got access to post. I heavily lollopped i think to young, this has worked for height issue for me.

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-10-11: Week 7 - Week 1 of flowering completed

So, uh, these ladies are growing fiercely.

The Durban Poison was looking a little hungry (light lime yellow growth, lost one small lower leaf), so I made sure to go with nutrient-laced water for the next feed. It seems to have been successful, I'm seeing some really nice green leaves now, no more hungry leaves.

The lights have been lowered over time, and the peak intensity seems to be around 50K LUX for the current heights, without any significant taco-ing or visual light burn symptoms, so that's nice. Hopefully that extra light from having both LED systems in the tent helps with yields.

The Durban is throwing pistils like gangbusters on all the nodes. No sign of the proto-buds at the top cola sites yet, but that should hopefully be just a week or two away. The GSC is much slower to show signs of pistils, etc, but is a heck of a vertical grower. The tent is looking fuller.

Here's the tent:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-10-11 17.38.50scaled.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	458579

A nice shot of the canopy - I love the way the cola sites are spaced for the DP on the left. The modified Quad-line is looking really nice!

Name:	2020-10-11 17.39.04scaled.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	458581

And a little close-up of the pistils on the DP. (And none of them are curling, which suggests MAYBE I got all the pollen from the last grow out of the tent. I can hope at least! )

Name:	2020-10-11 17.39.28scaledDP.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	458580

Can't wait to see how the flowering shapes up. DP has plenty of room to finish the stretch, but GSC may be more of a problem for space. We shall see, I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the comments SoOrbudgal and Canuck147 ! I have been enjoying this grow - apart from that slightly slower growth in the seedling stage, I think this has been going well.

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Looks great! Good job.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Looking really good @Eighholte My GSC are now in bloom just began seeing top bud they took 12days before they showed flowering. They are clones and are 9wks old today.

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-10-04: Week 6 - Flip to 12-12 today!

So, uh, these ladies put on some height this week. Here's the family photo before I trimmed both of them down.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-10-04 16.53.30scaled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.9 KB ID:	456395

They're both looking pretty fluffy. This week, they got a proper feeding - if a light one - of 1 gallon each. Still around 350ppm overall. It might be the reused coir holding some extra salts and nutrition, but I've been able to get away with feeding very lightly through the veg stage so far.

So then I trimmed the ladies down and brought my second LED into this main tent as well - the lighting at the top of the Durban Poison's canopy is around 13,000 LUX, and apparently that gets as high as 20,000 or 30,000 closer to the LED's. I placed them as high up as I can for this first day, just to avoid shocking them by doubling the light immediately. I will slowly lower them over the next few days as the plants get used to the increased light, which should bring the light levels up to where they need to be for flowering, I hope.

Post trim, they looked more like this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-10-04 16.59.15scaled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.1 KB ID:	456393

Just a little more light getting through. I then gave them a watering that was composed of PH'd water and just the supplements being used for this grow (a PK booster and a "bud-candy" like supplement from mega-crop)

And then, after I rearranged everything and turned the plurple back on, we had a tent that looks more like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-10-04 17.29.01scaled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.3 KB ID:	456394

Lets hope these girls don't stretch out TOO much, and get some nice growth started for the flowering stage.
    Last edited by Eigholte; 10-04-2020, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you!
    I appreciate you popping in and following along - you're very pleasant company on this little grow journey.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Boy those look great

• Eigholte
    commented on 's reply
    I'm sorry to hear you weren't sleeping well. I've had a few weeks like that, thankfully not too many. The last Kush grow is still hanging around too - so if it gets that I'm not sleeping multiple nights in a row, I still have that to fall back on.

Thanks for the comments! I did end up going to Ph'D water for this week for the plants, and they seem quite happy about it! This training seems to have worked out well - I think I've been a little earlier about training, and have been doing it in smaller steps, and I think the plants have responded well to that "little bit at a time" method.

Hope you've been having a good week!

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-09-27: Week 5

Well, the grow is going really well so far. The plants are recovering from training, and I took SoOrbudgal 's advice without having read her message! They got pH'd water for two waterings this week, instead of anything more nutritious. Seems to be working out well!

The training seems to have been very successful. The GSC is still taller by a few inches. I'm hoping that the differences don't get too much more pronounced in the stretch. The breeder claimed these two would have roughly similar 200% stretch, so I can hope. Failing that, I may have to bend the GSC down as it grows. Both plants, however, have a really beautiful flat tabletop going on, overall. I am really pleased with both of them in that regard.

And then, on maturity, both appear to be producing female preflowers now. The Durban is being a little precocious as I'm seeing itty-bitty white hairs on one or two of those preflowers, too. Nice to see them maturing.

The plan was to switch both of these girls over to 12-12 next week, so there will be one more week of solid growth ahead before we see how the stretching goes. Am really quite excited!

The family photo, like usual:

Name:	2020-09-27 16.47.28scaled.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	453765

Here's the training and a close up on the GSC:

Name:	2020-09-27 16.47.55scaledGSC.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	453766

Name:	2020-09-27 16.49.53scaled(GSC).jpg
Views:	618
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	453764

And now, the Durban Poison:

Name:	2020-09-27 16.47.43scaledDP.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	453768

Name:	2020-09-27 16.48.54scaled(DP).jpg
Views:	604
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	453767

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Good morning Eigholte it is damn early here in Oregon 4:30a.m. i did not sleep well, i should of smoked the last doobie of our GSC that was gifted to us maybe that would of slowed my thoughts of the world events better it's helped in the past but anyhow on with your grow! That broken branch shoot that will focus more energy onto the other branches no biggy she'll flourish. I think they look good for 4wks maybe a tad too green give them a big drink of water with nothing in it what i would do for now, let them recover from the training watch the growth spurt for a couple weeks. Great job.

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-09-20: Week 4

Well, that damage to the one node of the GSC didn't recover, but I think I've managed to switch it over to a manifold-style training that should be able to make about 6 nice growth points.

The Durban did well really well after training and put on good growth, but I was noticing the two FIM nodes were growing upwards really fast - so I took those out to flatten it out a bit. No longer a sex-line!

Both plants are growing much more vigorously this week and appear to be settling into a nice veg pattern. No signs of preflowers on either yet, but it's early for that. I am starting to feel hopeful that I could get a good harvest off these two. I could not be more excited to try them both!

Here's the family photo with Durban Poison left and GSC right:
    For scale, the pots tend to be about 14-15" or so across. The vary a little since they're handsewn, so some are more 'even' than others.

Name:	2020-09-20 18.17.49resize.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	450829

Here is a top down view of the GSC's training:

Name:	2020-09-20 18.18.18resize.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	450830

And here's a top down photo of the Durban's training:

Name:	2020-09-20 18.18.27resize.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	450828

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-09-13: Week 3

Both plants have been happier since transplant.

The Durban is a pretty uniform dark green. The lowest leaves on the GSC are showing a lighter color, but nothing extreme yet.

I did some training today, and the top of the GSC did not take to the bending well - there is some damage there. I've taped the area up, and I hope that it heals up.
    The Durban took to training really readily, and took no damage. Although, because the nodes were spaced so close, it looks like I had a literally "FIM" on the third node, and two shoots grew back there. So the Durban may be trained as a sex-line instead of a quad-line.

I am really pleased with both so far. Fingers crossed that bend damage isn't permanent.

Name:	2020-09-13 14.06.04scaled.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	447810

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-09-07 Week 2

Both seedlings have been trained/topped at two nodes, and transplanted over to their larger containers at the end of this week. The GSC is still a way ahead of the Durban, by size at least. Both have the same nodes/topping done in the photo, the GSC just has more height right now.

Humidity has been easier to control this week, and temperatures have come down since that first seedling week. Both plants look reasonably happy to me, as far as color and appearance.

Can't wait to see how these two ladies do in veg!

Durban Left, GSC right

Name:	2020-09-07 16.56.39scaled.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	445685

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X