Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall Grow - Girl Scout Cookies Fem./Durban Poison Fem. (MCS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eigholte
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, definitely hoping fall treats everyone better than the other seasons have so far!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Hey they are in flower outdoors after i messed up putting them out to soon. I don't think they'll be great but folks are giving me hope around my area saying " reveg stack buds more when going back to flower" ? who knows. But the clones i took are very stiff i topped and LST them yesterday. I cut 4 of the preflowering GSC which are old outdoors like 6months by now maybe more. But man did those clones stiffin like a stick almost wonder if it's cause mom was old? Anyhoo, i got alot going LOL. Well heck man i sure hope the fall treats you better well heck all of us i hope. Yes this school year i can't wrap my 2 brain cells around it, i'm so sorry for students and parents damn shame.

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-08-30: Week 1

So, the little seedlings are off to the races. I have been humidifying the tent all week, but it's been of moderate success. Which is to say, the humidity does climb for a bit before dropping back down to the ambient 40% the room seems hell bent on being. Still, they seem a little happier at least. The GSC has taken off this week, the Durban is a little slower to grow, but also cracked about 24-48 hours later too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-08-30 16.16.36 scaled.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	442331

SoOrbudgal Things are not too awful up here. It's been an interesting year, for sure, but there could be worse places to be riding out the string of catastrophes that has been 2020. Just a little nervous about school reopening up here - if things get really bad for the plague numbers there's a slim chance the powers that be could suggest going back into lock-down and that would suck in a number of ways. As to my own little personal corner of the world? It's been interesting, to say the least. I mentioned this very vaguely in passing in another grow journal, but just personally, it's been a rough year. I'm not about to make this place my blog, but on the bright side, despite things being tough, I DO have a fair bit of homegrown weed. So there's that as a silver lining at least.

I am hoping the little Durban picks up the pace - that's the plant that will be a whole new smoking experience for me, so I'm hoping it grows robustly through to flower.

I hope things are going well with you! How are your GSC going?

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Hey Eigholte good to see ya. I got me some GSC cooking too. How are things in your area?

Leave a comment:

• Covid420
    replied
    Too dry!! Seedlings like 65%-80% with a nice medium ground at 70-75 🥴🥴😵😵

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    replied
    2020-08-23: Above ground!

So the GSC seed was above ground on Monday and the Durban was up on Tuesday.

I'm looking at these two and the new leaves are stacked right on top of the cotyledons - not a lot of node spacing there. I haven't seen that before, I wonder what's up?

GSC is the leafier one in the front and the Durban is in the back here.

Name:	2020-08-23 13.35.17.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	439826

Leave a comment:

• Fall Grow - Girl Scout Cookies Fem./Durban Poison Fem. (MCS)

2020-08-16: Two happy little cracked seeds with 1/4" taproots were planted today. Nothing above ground yet, but will keep updating.

This grow will be done with my Mega Crop nutrients (not enough Advanced Nutrients left, so I will be feeding the last of the AN to my salad and kitchen herb hydro system to finish it off).

I have tried Girl Scout Cookies from a recreational dispensary and loved it. Haven't found a Durban Poison to try, but I love the description of that sativa, and the THCV content seems to be something special - I can't wait to try it!

Based on the breeder, these two strains should have similar heights and flowering times, so I'm hoping they'll be happily compatible together. I could get thrown for a loop, but we shall see.

Training plan is to Quadline and aim for 8 colas per plant.

Goal of this grow is a nice healthy set of plants (which means I have to stay on top of this grow!) with some reasonable to solid yields so that I get plenty of both these strains to try out. And since each strain still has 4 feminized seeds of each back in the fridge if I find a real winner, I can look at growing more plants of that strain in the 2021 spring grow, or later.

Name:	2020-08-16 11.45.20 planted.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	437190

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X