No announcement yet.

The great 1 gallon pot Autoflower grow competition of late 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 34 - Big Swede is taking off! Up to 20 inches tall (51 centimeters for our European growers) so 8 inches vertically in 6 days.

She is looking like the sativa is was anticipating - bit lanky looking now - but - let's wait and see.

My LST seems to be working - I'm not holding any of the 4 branches down - just encouraging the outward growth of them.

Feeding regimen is nutes/nutes/tea or molasses - and that's full strength nutes AccidentalGardener . See whatcha get with them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0984.JPG
Views:	882
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	450262Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0985.JPG
Views:	878
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	450261Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0983.JPG
Views:	884
Size:	989.3 KB
ID:	450260Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0980.JPG
Views:	886
Size:	828.3 KB
ID:	450259Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0982.JPG
Views:	895
Size:	896.2 KB
ID:	450258Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0979.JPG
Views:	888
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	450257Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0976.JPG
Views:	881
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	450256Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0977.JPG
Views:	892
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	450255

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      She's stretching like crazy, gonna be a big bush!

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Promising ! 51 cm not bad at all!

• swegrow
      swegrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow shes a stunner!!

I think i nailed the timing - pistils are beginning. To me this indicates the first week of flowering - thus - now I begin the countdown according to the seed manufacturer - which is - 12 to 14 weeks. 14 weeks from now takes me to around Xmas. Which would be perfect - but - need at least 5-7 days for drying.

Any other opinions on when to start counting down the flowering period?
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      ........ Please explain "Nailed the timing" is there another secret to autos?

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Contest is supposed to be over December 31 - so i timed it for the last weeks of December.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhh ok gotcha. Thanks.
      Btw I gotta add my 'holy shit Big Swede looks amazing!! I hope she tastes as good as she looks!

Blueberry Kush AF noon yesterday, day 14

Name:	20200919_122410.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	451107
    12 hour later

Name:	20200921_021607.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	451108
    Removed the first, topped after the third, 4 way manifolding for this girl.

Name:	20200921_021734.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	451109

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy Hannah! I just found pistils.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      That's crazy! She's a quick'un!!

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      60-70day according to Nirvana

She sure has a strong main stalk Mr.furley looks really good. I'm looking at mine gonna post shortly when the clouds are open LOL my pics are not being received by the wifi real good in our area right now. We don't have the good service at our place. And i do think one of my la berry fruta kids is a boy. I still have it in the tent it's so damn tiny to see the " sacks " i gotta wait a few more days to be sure. But 2 out of 3 are known females. I will post later when they show up.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      She is beefy that's for sure SoOrbudgal I'm sure it's helping thickness from where she sit under the light, I didn't anticipate the plants next to her getting so big and she is half under the light and Half Not so she keeps leaning towards the light and I keep turning her daily sometimes twice. Those la berry Fruita are "Regular" seeds right?

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great, Budgal! The way this year has gone, all 3 could have been male, lol. Mazeltov!

Yes Mr.furley they were reg. seeds so i knew the possibilities. But i did not read they pkg LOL when i clicked buy... damn it i was so excited to get 3 autos for cheap for the challenge. No biggy but my one of the ass-sumed male LOL photo did not come up from the my shitty phone so maybe in another day or two i will take another just to show what teenie tiny male parts look like on a auto before they exploded the pollen. Dang those dern boys

Well here is little la berry fruita she is 24days old from seed. sorry i can't get the close up ones of possible male nor the single close up of the challenge auto. She is the one on the left side looking at photo. She's been LST'd cause i could not keep my hands of her. Shameful i know but i let the middle one go all natural nothing (it i think is a he) and i topped the one on the right. only.

​​​​​​​Thanks to all of you at GWE for your love and good wishes. I really mean that. Forgot to mention the others are GSC on 12/12 had to put those into flower so unfortunately the autos are in with them. Maybe i will get my other light back soon from Vipar repair if not k si rah LOL​​​​​​​

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like it's time to collect some ruderalis plant pollen.

Ohhh i need to p.m. JDU hmmm wonder if he wants it.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure I could find a use for some pollen if you get it.... A Berry ruderalis you say....? Hmmmm....... No room or time for a plant- I'm clearing the tents so I can go see the grandkids this Spring & have nobody to water while we're gone.
      Last edited by JDU; 09-22-2020, 01:15 AM.

For clairty i bought reg auto seeds not female my mistake cause i was to eager did not read description on site i ass sumed 2 of my la berry fruita are boys. Just posting for those who don't get to see male parts on autos takes me days to see them so tiny but now pronounced fully males. My one plant left in the bloom tent is another iffy but i'll catch the little guy before he sticks it to my GSC in there. Ya don't mess the the GSC hear me

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Darn it that sucks.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm waiting for the photo to come through the cloud i will post a couple for educational in case a new grower has not seen male plants. They were 26days old today.

• swegrow
      swegrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh im sorry to hear this =/

Well here's my boys just blow it up sorry hard to see but these are males.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Notified the seller told them all 3 were males just for FYI i don't expect i'll get replacements never have before. Knew the chances once i realized i clicked and saw reg. autos. Told them i got a photo too.

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you even get a response?

• lalaland
      lalaland commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no.... that’s gotta be a bummer

Unfortunately I had to cut my grow season short and I will not be able to drop finish my plant for this fun challenge. Good luck to everyone and I will continue to follow this thread as an observer!
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow
    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sitting in the stands for this also.

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here, I was going to give it a go but I've got too many irons in the fire right now to make room/time for it.

Day 41 - Big Swede has taken off - 24.5 inches tall (62 cm) and 25 inches wide (64 cm) - still has a bit of a flower stretch left i believe

Name:	IMG_1005.JPG
Views:	809
Size:	865.6 KB
ID:	453266Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1006.JPG
Views:	815
Size:	910.0 KB
ID:	453267Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1007.JPG
Views:	802
Size:	834.6 KB
ID:	453268Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1009.JPG
Views:	821
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	453269Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1008.JPG
Views:	799
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	453270
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I knew which seed to chose I that's what ya mean. Not doing much to her no topping little bit of lst - being a sativa she's lanky so no need to trim leaves.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh....? Autos grow the same as photos with the sativas stretching huh? Cool. I guess the ones I've seen have been indicas or hybrids.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      My go to grow is indica - just had this sativa seed in the fridge for over 2 years - shoulda used it at the start of the year for the solo cup challenge.
      I have had OG Kush get kicked out of the tent cuz they grew to 48 inches. Luckily it was summer.

I'm a bit late to the party for this as my seeds hasn't arrived and tent and first light will only be here next week but I'll follow this with lots of anticipation anyway 🙂

Comment

Classic.

Today has been two steps forward and one step back all day.

Four days ago I pulled down on this plant for its first LST, watered and left town, today when I got into the grow room I noticed the two upper branches were twisted, Huh? Pull on the ties a little and went backwards on some other projects for a bit.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20200928_174634.jpg Views:	0 Size:	962.3 KB ID:	454224

As I water a coulpe hours later I realized what had happened! not sure if I'm going to keep her at this point, I know she will recover but i have a lot of irons in the fire and this is the last one i need to keep warm....will see.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20200928_171456.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	454225
      I know better.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm she's snapped eh. Well she's given you the " finger" LOL or arm. Take that for being rough.....me i'd just stuff her in a corner of the tent and move forward. Sorry about that

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        Too rough with your gal! I’m so guilty of that sometimes too

I got replacement seeds for my boy la berry fruita autos today in mail. I'm not planting nothing now just waiting for outdoor and my GSC photos indoor. I may get those GSC for Christmas not sure yet they are from my cut clones and for some odd reason they are throwing single leaf. I took them when the mom was going into outdoor flowering so maybe that's it? Anyhoo....someday i'll try the fruits again until then It's cookies & kush with alittle Thai skunk

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
        Eliot Pryor commented
        Editing a comment
        I've got a clone I took from a clone. Its been growing about 4 months and it still has single fingered leaves. It'll probably go another month. It's Honey B from Barney's Farms. Really good daytime smoke but it flowers a long time. Thanks for sharing SoOrbudgal. I really enjoy following your grows !!

For your amusement. Day 50 on my Cheese (not so) XXL. She's wide and short with close nodes but they all see the light now, just did some defoliation on her. Still have another 30+ days left so she might surprise me.
      Attached Files

Comment

I noticed I can’t make it for the contest now 🙄.
        I figured my plants should be done now so I could start an auto with the new grow run. But I’m lacking behind and I’m missing out on good grow time here already 🤦🏼
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X