Pruning & Training Tips Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pruning & Training Tips Please.

My Blue Dream is starting to grow pretty good now, at least I think so and I wonder if I am training and should I start some pruning on the lower & inside leaves? Here are a few pics of her at different angles. This is my first time growing one and wonder if I'm doing it right or at least close to it. Oh, I thought it would be a good idea to turn her every day a 1/4 turn so she gets sun all around, is that OK?Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5805.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	435697Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5810.JPG Views:	0 Size:	4.51 MB ID:	435698Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5806.JPG Views:	0 Size:	4.27 MB ID:	435699Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5809.JPG Views:	0 Size:	4.25 MB ID:	435700Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5807.JPG Views:	0 Size:	4.26 MB ID:	435701Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5808.JPG Views:	0 Size:	4.13 MB ID:	435702Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5803.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.85 MB ID:	435703Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5802.JPG Views:	0 Size:	4.26 MB ID:	435704Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5804.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	435706Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5804.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	435707Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5804.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	435705
    Attached Files

Dont remove anything and let it grow. Just bend the top over.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Looks fine. Needs to fill in a little. Is it a clone?

Comment

• TopThumb
        TopThumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it is a clone

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        Clones often have a distinct growth pattern because they tend to grow more like a branch than a tap root seed plant, and training can require a delicate hand. Right now it looks like it's doing fine. Still plenty of room for light to penetrate. As it begins to fill in you can gently tie down some branches to the cage you already have in place to allow the inside to receive more light. As far as trimming I would do little more than remove yellowing tired leaves for the time being. Looks good -

Leaf it and let it grow.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
      Dont remove anything and let it grow. Just bend the top over.
      I agree.
      Looks like she's pre-flowering so it's a bit late to do any topping or aggressive training.
      Just let her grow and use the experience for the next round.
      Get a summary of all the most common plant training techniques that growers use to increase their cannabis yields indoors!
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• TopThumb
        TopThumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Really? She's only been in this pot for a month and only 28" tall. What would cause her to do that so soon?

Cooler weather and shorter days is what makes her start to flower outside, old trick with regular seeds to test gender is to cut their days short by moving them inside, you can get solid gender identification pretty early, 3 weeks or so after sprout. Tall plants are ok,but I'd personally rather a short fat girl when it comes to my Mary Jane. She should produce some nice buds!

Comment

• TopThumb
        TopThumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, it sure hasn't been cool here for the whole month of July with average temp has been about 97°+. I'll just keep plugging along and see what happens I guess.

Well, I went and broke the top stem trying to bend it over It just barely cracked on the top of the bend so maybe it will heal, only time will tell I guess, GRrrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by TopThumb View Post
        Well, I went and broke the top stem trying to bend it over It just barely cracked on the top of the bend so maybe it will heal, only time will tell I guess, GRrrrrrrr
        My favorite pictures to show when someone is concerned about broken branches, she'll heal.

Comment

• TopThumb
          TopThumb commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for those pics, mine is nowhere as bad as that so you have given me hope now.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X