Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabled, senior female noob > LEDs. Have many questions, made mistakes, need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics with the most brown pistrils arent far off but the ones with more white ones are further what i would is wait till u see 90% cloudy on buds check allover plant then flush for 2 weeks mate

Comment

It's 9 full weeks since the 12/12 flip. Still not seeing any amber trichs, top/older leaves are looking rough as are some others. Last week I used Recharge with lower-strength GH Trio nutes, CalMag, Flower Fuel and the pH has been between 6-7, staying more around 6.5/6. The next watering was mostly CalMag, Flower Fuel and pH'd water, trying to determine if nutes, heat or lights. Unless my gauge is off the temp hangs around or just under 70F, similar to the rest of my house. I made 3 rows of twine to hang yoyos to separate the plants, support the colas, give light & support to some newly-discovered treasures and more light to the middles of the plants. The tallest colas aren't directly under the panels, the closest distance is 15". The middle plant is older and ahead of the other two. Photos are yesterday before watering, they don't look any worse today. I felt a couple colas, they feel firm just hoping they get fatter. Wide open for advice here. Thanks.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations Puglover1 you have reached the harvest window! At this point I would not sweet anymore nutes only pHed water and if you want molasses, you can start thinking about harvesting your plants at this point but as we like to say here on the Forum another week's not going to hurt. My suggestion would be to harvest the top half of the plants next week and let the bottoms go for another two weeks after that to ripen up for lower parts..you could even drop the lights down to that 16" spacing.

Great job on getting those monster plant to harvest, it was a pleasure watching you bring these plants to a successful end.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Ps. These pictures loaded just fine, centered in the screen.

I haven't forgotten you Mr.furley My past week or so has been like a sitcom reality show. I've kept us all alive w/ltd injuries, none to the girls. My pH meter went whack on the last watering, I scrambled & used my dog's 10-parameter urinalysis strips, comparing shades of orange under burple lights. I was supporting lower growth when the lights went out so I got a few bud pics. They look OK, still no amber trichs but the purple I was expecting is coming around. I have to calibrate a new, better meter tmrw and water them, planning to chop top parts Friday/weekend. I have to re-read some things but I have a few questions. 1. Because I want to reveg this strain, since I missed getting clones, does that affect how I start chopping these monsters? 2. I bought a digital hygrometer - the IV - I checked the temp w/my HVAC thermostat readings, figured I'd check the RH w/my closet analog hygrometer but I'm not sure where to place it, in My closet set up, to check the RH? Or, how else do you check it? 3. I know I'm not doing 3 whole plants at once but wondering, however I chop, if I should do the oldest plant first or the tallest big colas first, regardless of the plant? How would not hanging everything on the same day affect the drying process (in the attached bathroom)? I might have help but I only rely on myself, there are many leaves.

Thank you for your guidance and sharing your wisdom, there will be more questions.
      Last edited by Puglover1; 11-17-2020, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh lalaland I hurt my back last week. The cat got his head stuck in the handle of a bag of sifted litter, spewed turds & bits of litter all over the house, even behind the couch. I grabbed the bigger vacuum bc I needed the hose, first swipe I got searing pain across my back, then other symptoms. My R hand is disabled, my L shoulder/arm/hand have been also affected by my back/neck. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this - Chop biggest colas, one at a time, and trim the dead fans and smaller leaves and hang it, then start another one? Some sugar leaves have dead tip from a month ago - do I cut the dead tips off? I wanted to trim this the best way and hang them, now I'm in a pinch. Can I trim the sugars after they dry? During the dry once I have them all hanging? Or have ugly dried buds with sugars covering them? None of this is ideal. I cleared everything out of the bathroom that's attached to my grow-closet bedroom, it has a double-wide shower. I have many hangers, and clothespins. Trying to decide if I should string two rows of jute twine behind the shower curtain rod, at different heights, so they're not touching or crowded. I'm going to read the tutorials again but I don't know if they mention options for my current dilemma. My nephew 'might' be able to help, I don't personally know anyone local who knows how to do this or has done it before. If it weren't for bad luck ... Thank you.

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        You can definitely worry about trimming the sugar leaves later. Better for you to get it chopped and begin the dry/cure for sure.
        I dry mine exactly as you’re describing with branches hanging on twine in the shower. You can also use some wire coat hangers hanging from the twine to stagger the branch height.
        Just remove the fan leaves And hang them up. You can come back to them later for a further trim. Sorry to hear about your back😔I have a bad back as well, and It definitely makes the whole process more difficult.
        I find that pulling the fan leaves off while I’m standing is the easiest on my back, then I sit to trim the sugar leaves.

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        sorry about the cat - poop incident. Sounds like you have a pinched nerve, and I feel for you. Wish I was there to help.

Went back to see if I had pics of my reveg's these are all I could find. The first 2 are of the White Rhino well into it's reveg. 3 and 4 are of the Somango XXL reveg and probably the earliest pictures I have of the reveg's I have done. 5 and 6 are of the White Widow reveg that I elected to only keep one of and the later lost to stem rot. In these pictures you can see the small airy buds I left as green growth for the reveg process. Hope this helps you.

Comment

Help? I remember seeing these and can't remember the name, the new 'tips' growing on the tops of mature buds, but my mind remembers it as a negative. I'll read if somebody reminds me what it's called. Also, the plant photo below is 10 days old. I had cut a low, weaker branch when I topped the plants and defoliated, it's in front, there's a flowering bud that grew above it. Do I leave that in reveg? (the zip tie had a purpose previously, I just left it there) My P-T appt got changed to Friday afternoon, I probably can't chop and scissor until Saturday now. Trying to figure where to work where I can keep an eye on the pugs but the canna-cat can't enter. And I wish I had a trim bin. Thanks SoOrbudgal the bud color looks awesome in person, every time I look more purple/blue. I'd be nice if I could farm out the pets and work on this all weekend as I feel like it. The plant in the R corner has more potential for reveg, IMO. They've been in these pots for soo long. Thanks for the photos Poppa

Comment

• lalaland
          lalaland commented
          Editing a comment
          You can still take clones at this point, if the base structure of your plant is going to be a pain to reveg. They take a little longer to root than usual, and a couple of weeks to start growing normally once they root. I can post some pics if you want when my lights come on in a few hours

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          lalaland - I had grabbed a few clones, had them in glasses, the cat got all but one. It's still alive in a glass of water in the sun, for weeks. I have an Aero-Garden, I've seen it used for cloning cannabis. I have the rooting solution & the inserts for cloning, the A-G is like hydro, lights can be 18/6 or always on, pump is automatic, a low maintenance 'night light' in the kitchen. My seeds were germinated in there, grew great roots. No trouble potting them in soil, didn't lose any. I want to continue this strain bc it's an indica Iranian landrace, in IL, I haven't seen seeds for sale anywhere yet. I should have enough of it to last me a while if I choose to clone. I want to order Wild Thai seeds, a sativa, my pain strain. It'd have to be trained well to fit in my closet when flowering. It'd be nice to have a Mag landrace mother and have room for another strain to grow. Wild Thai is very hard to get around here, it has no parents to try. I bought an 1/8th of crumble in late 2019, converted it to oil to vape, it's gone. One dispo carried disposable vape pens, they've been OOS for awhile. Ima have to grow my own, at least I Can buy those seeds. Thanks for your help, and any advice.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          AccidentalGardener I looked this morning, I see 'final push' signs on some buds. I've flushed, I plan to start chopping colas this afternoon, I'll have to remove leaves, hang, and dry trim the buds later.

Is this 'final push' I see on a couple of buds? I planned to start chopping colas today but life happened. I've read the website several times, is the drying room supposed to be kept dark? I know the temps & RH and I have a new hygrometer, the room is 98% ready. I'm just not, today. Thanks!

Edit: I do see a few ambers. I know what I'm doing tomorrow.
        Last edited by Puglover1; 11-21-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

My glove smells like Mag Landrace! My Spotify playlist started with First Cut is the Deepest, then Panama Red, Rainy Day Women #12 & 35, Girl on LSD, Important Exportin Man (for Sam my canna-cat) ...

Got a later start than planned today. lalaland I stood and removed what I could, winding my arms through three rows of yoyo filament to reach the back, I was standing to remove some dead leaves yesterday, before I read your post. Now my legs hurt, it's almost 8:30 pm, I might hang what I chopped and remove what leaves I can tonight, from the upside down. I've mentioned that I can no longer bend the fingers on my R hand, I hurt my L thumb end of Oct. pinching off leaves was more difficult, takes longer. If nobody saw before pics they'd think I haven't touched the plants yet. I filled an aluminum turkey pan, closet lights were going out soon. I had everything ready to work, on the guest bed. When I entered the room & flipped the light switch the overhead bulb burned out, above the bed. I think I'm going to hang them, maybe get OCD and pluck leaves, or just close the bedroom door and work tomorrow afternoon in daylight. AccidentalGardener the Pac-Men pug cat turd-eating incident - I had to laugh, or cry - was followed by the cat knocking my calcium bottle behind the nightstand, I banged my L forearm hard on the round metal doorknob while retrieving it. The next day it stormed, long story but while trying to pound a piece of rebar into the ground to secure my fence gate, post-derecho damage, using a piece of leftover 4x4 post I hit my L ankle. Last Tues the cat hurt a back limb, he was OK the next morning until the litter incident, then he was limping on a front paw. I had to get an antibiotic for a pug at CVS bc I wasn't up to driving 25 miles one-way in the wind to go to the vet. Felt like a TV reality show sitcom.

Comment

• lalaland
            lalaland commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow those are beautiful colas !! It’s going to be worth all of the work, and then some

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            lalaland Thanks! I sure hope so, hoping it's potent. They got nice & fat. I've seen dispo flower vary but it was usually in the mid to upper 20%. I had a 1g pre-roll (shake) that was over 30%, smoked it up a few weeks ago. Low on funds and inventory, about a month to go to try this. My nephew picked me up some Pineapple-something wax a while back, going to convert it to cartridge/vape.

Two more turkey pans full of bud chopped and hanging. I still have a ways to go. Might run out of space in the drying area, not sure where I'm going to string more jute yet. I know which are the first round from the second.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Terrible problem no room to hang them colas LOL. Like others have done if you got a box weave string crossing back and forth. Great going Puglover1 so happy you got all this over with nearly and lots of good weed. What a journey you've had with this grow. Cheers and i hope you can stash a jar and give it 2months to cure it will be soooo much better than a few weeks of cure. I have been in your shoes with needing the weed.

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal I plan to cure them right, two months, I just want to try it for Christmas, small bud. I'm using up old dispo weed, dry, should set the containers open in a bigger container with a Boveda. The colas hanging from Sunday - a few of the smaller in diameter ones feel kind of dry already. My hygrometer has stayed 65-70F and 45-50 RH, the drying (bath)room is attached to the grow closet bedroom w/blackout curtains, it has an HVAC duct so I leave it dark & the bathroom door a third open, no fan. The 1st chop was watering day, would that have those colas drying faster? Used my nice boxes for storage when I emptied the closet to set it, of course. I haven't cut the roll of jute, going to scope out using the towel bar to keep stringing it around, chop & hang more today. I can't lower the panels myself, might have to elevate the pots. This really was a quarantine grow, started the seeds in March, curing through January. It's been a long strange trip, soon I'll get to the clones situation. Thank you so much. Have a nice Thanksgiving!!

• AccidentalGardener
            Editing a comment
            Hi Pug! These look so amazing! I have an extra shower-curtain rod, that I deployed inside the shower like a closet-rod, and then hung hangers on it. They don't squish together and you can fit more in the shower

like this
          (please don't laugh at my buds )

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Those are nice buds! All buds are beautiful. Mine aren't dried or trimmed yet, they look bigger right now. I'm trying to keep them separated, by memory or w/clips, because I chopped/hung on different days. I already used my two, long tension rods in the grow closet: one for panels, one for stringing yoyos and I can't take that one down yet. I have hangers but I'd need another shower curtain rod, or two, to hang them all that way w/o touching. If I load up the stationary shower curtain rod w/hangers it'd get in the way of tending to what's hanging inside the shower. Might have the put two screws or hooks into the wall above the toilet and run strings to the towel bar. They'd be as wide as the shower just hanging a little lower, the cat doesn't have access to that bathroom right now. Maybe an over-the-door rack could hold some hangers, I have big s/s 'S' hooks I could hang on bars to hold things. I have a pug on my lap who doesn't feel well, planning everything in my head until he moves. As long as I string, then water and chop before lights out I can pluck leaves in the kitchen or LR then walk thru the dark bedroom to hang. Ima need to scissor the first-cut colas, soon. I knew this was going to be 'my week' but I kinda planned on help from my nephew over the holiday, not sure now bc of where he works + 'Rona. Is that photo current, or are yours in jars now?

• AccidentalGardener
            Editing a comment
            it's in jars now. All 3 of them, LOL. All of it turned out pretty good. Some is so smelly it makes me gag, lol. I share with my boys, but they don't dent it like I do :P
            Whatever problem you are running into, it looks like a good one to have. <3

Hey it's Happy days for anyone who's harvesting small or big. And some of the best and strongest weed i grew were smaller plants and quarter size bud. Congrats on the growing. Sure hope your pug feels better. My little terrier gal she has a sensitive tummy I fix her chicken with good grade kibble .
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed, no judging a book by its cover. I give that pug generic Prilosec before every meal. He has to eat SO kibble to prevent stones, since then it's 50/50 on his tummy, tired of doing laundry & shampooing rug, I get the meds free through a friend with HC plan benefits. No other food for this, I've asked. I'm about to try to help him with his butt glands. Other pug has a rare disease, different kind of stones. I usually make his vegetarian meals, tried to order a case of canned Rx food yesterday from Chewy bc I'm so busy ATM, they're OOS, could be 2 weeks. A vet butchered this one when he was 16 months old, he's 4 now. He has incurred $20K in vet bills so far. Right now he's eating rice, poached eggs, water, w/a sprinkling of veggie kibble on top. He was wasting away, now he's eating less and getting bigger, and his tummy seems uncomfortable after meals. I'm playing vet, tech, nurse, patient, 'cultivator' ... and housekeeper & cook. I need some Ritalin, LOL.

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal - Sat a.m. I took one pug for his glands to get expressed, took the tummy sicko along for a weight check. Last minute I decided to grab a urine sample from him, he has a UTI, w/o typical symptoms. That was cheaper than an exam/appt charge. Hoping it's the reason for his tummy issues. Generic Prilosec before meals keeps the one pug from hurling. A $4500 ER vet visit last December, I walked out with a bottle of Prilosec.

Feels like Ground Hog's Day, the movie, here. I sprung for a Trim Bin, it arrived today. Used it to sit and pluck leaves, used the corners to separate debris. Spoke with a friend today, he grew outdoors 8-10 years ago, about one minute away from my house. He dried his bud on a mesh screen, didn't cure it. I never smoked any but heard it was really good. He used regular scissors to trim three Big plants' colas, eek. But I do have a screen to borrow now to dry the small buds. I wanted to attack the middle monster more but the lights went out, it's a jungle but has some nice looking buds buried down in the middle of said jungle.

Mr.furley - Should I chop down to about where I topped the main stems? I can't raise panels myself, COVID is too rampant here (thanks, Sturgis) to have my nephew help, bc of his job. I either have to elevate the pots or just let them go longer and see what happens. Thank you.

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep if they are ready chop about 25% off the top and if you can't move the light raise the pots. It wouldn't be the end of the world id they are yo low for now because removing the tops open the bottom for more light.

Congratulations again looks really nice

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr.furley this is all on you, and I thank you again. I had two bad days, now a vet trip in the morning, then I have a lot to do. First batch is starting day 6 of drying, two days ago a little bit of stem-string still stuck to a small test bud. Mini hygrometers arrived, jars to rinse ... if only I could drink caffeine. :-) BTW, I saw the latest post on your grow w/new lights, looks awesome. Nice looking 'test' buds.

• lalaland
            lalaland commented
            Editing a comment
            OMG!!! Look at those huge buds!! Nice one!

Thanks lalaland ! I wish I could've traced that one down and chopped it all in one piece. I found a nice medium size bud on a thin stem that's growing through a plant from front to back, intertwined. Hey, I had found this accidental tourist growing sideways in back and yoyo'd it up. One side looks nice/normal, the other looks like this. Is it maybe bc it was up against the wall, or is it something bad?

Comment

• lalaland
            lalaland commented
            Editing a comment
            It doesn’t look like bud rot to me. You got lucky there !
            Could see that side dying off it was pressed right against a wall.
            There’s no gray, white or black is there?

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            lalaland No, it just looks brown/dead. Thanks!

I thought my narrow spare bathroom w/an HVAC vent in the floor & the door slightly ajar would stay warmer, it doesn't. I moved everything to the shower, away from the heat vent. Outdoor overnight temps have dropped into the 20's, furnace runs more, had to put a mini humidifier in there + fill the sink w/water to keep RH close. Tomorrow I have to water plants, rinse jars, dry trim a bin that's been waiting for 2 days so I can fill it again and maybe get more chopped and hanging. Anybody want to estimate trimming time on what I have dried & drying right now?

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            Wet trimming perhaps 2 hr or so.
            Dry trimming I don't do anymore.
            Congrats on the harvest.

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            JohnEmad Thanks. I stood and plucked fan leaves before chopping tops. Then I sat and plucked bigger sugars and small 3-finger leaves to put into trim container. After drying I cut off missed small leaves and scissor trimmed the buds, then into jars. Is that hybrid trimming? lol

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like a good approach to trimming. One of the few drawbacks to a good harvest. ...all the trimming lol

Some done, and yet so far to go. I have the weekend free to work, ATM.

Comment

• gbauto
            gbauto commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed, trim jail is hard time...

• lalaland
            lalaland commented
            Editing a comment
            It really is the worst

We all feel for ya Puglover1 those of us who've had large crops come in all the same time well it's only you to do it. Those who will share the smoke need to help. One day at a time don't sit for long times walk and stretch.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X