Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marijuana and the various economic sectors within its entirety.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marijuana and the various economic sectors within its entirety.

If we take a moment to promote the various industries that would benefit from "National Legalization".
    We are well aware of the many positive outcomes from the responsible use of the plant. From medicinal to recreation, no doubt the benefits are proven. However if one sits back and looks at the national debt and the poor health care in place, we can all agree that legalization can and will create far more opportunities than we realize.
    #1- The physical components involved with indoor grows. Ex. Lighting fixtures, HVAC, Growing mediums, containers and the nutrients. The need for all these items would promote economic "growth" (no pun intended).
    #2- The distribution and sales would create revenues within the local municipalities to the Fed Gov. to fund the degrading infastructures.
    #3- Hemp. The list of uses can be traced to ancient times. This my friends is what will bring back our textile factories, and various jobs within.
    #4- Speaking of Jobs... Just from the listings above one can see the various jobs created to sustain our growing needs. There are a few companies already reaping the benefits. Which is slowly making way to Wall Street and Investors. Also with the rebuilding of our infastructure the job growth potential just from the revenues the government receives is astronomical. As long as $$$ goes were its needed and not the pockets of the 1%.
    #5- More availability for Medical testing and uses. We have just scratched the surface on the various medical/health benefits. Also one would hope that medical marijuana would and could prevent the need for highly addictive and deadly pain narcotics our nation is slowly dying from. I personally have seen the evil side of pill pusher doctors out there that our government is just know finally starting to see.

With the list above, i'm sure most can agree we are at a point to create the best possible future for our children and those to follow.

If anyone would like to add to the list or go further in detail on certain points feel free to add ur comments. And for those who dont see the positive aspects within,please by all means I would like to read your side as well.

Thank you.

So so true it's a wonder it ever got banned it's better than both alcohol and nicotine by an insurmountable amount of data, traffic deaths, violence,etc...
    Grow and good luck
    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• Stosh
      Stosh commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! Zero Deaths directly related to Marijuana. I know that whats best for us or more earth friendly is sometimes covered up by those who profit off our ill side effects of various entities. Look at the veg oil combustion engine. The patent was bought out and destroyed by big boy crude back in the early 1900's. The right brothers flew 1,500ft with a 1/4 oz of Corn oil. Amazing!

• bobsakamoto
      bobsakamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      furrysparkle we pretty have a one man show to thank for that.

• Royal Nugs
      Royal Nugs commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't forget the racist motivations. Since cannabis was so popular with african americans and hispanics it gave cops probable cause in many instances. Still to this day, the marijuana convictions are much higher with said races than whites.

I'm usually very skeptical when people call something racist and I was at first, but after learning more about it, I agree.

The one thing you alluded to but did not state specifically. The thing nearest and dearest to all politicians hearts more tax revenue.
    It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

• bobsakamoto
      bobsakamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      oh Bikerstonrr now we're gettin' down to the nitty gritty.... i wonder what states with no income tax are gonna do....they're gonna be so CONFLICTED about which issue to get their undergarments in a wad about....

Whatever happens in your state don't let the local liquor commission take over. In Oregon they used the medical program patients and growers had created to get things moving towards legalization and recreational use. Now the olcc has basically taken over the whole pot industry, leaving a handful of medical only dispensaries. As a wanna be medical grower I can only sell to medical disp., my options have shrunk a lot. To grow thru olcc commercial property is needed. I'm in a residential part of town. Believe me when i tell you the black market is alive and well. Most of it being shipped across state lines to a drug dealer near you.

About 14 months ago when it went legal Portland had 163 dispensaries within city limits. Last I checked it was down to 140ish, some closed down, some opened.

I haven't heard about employment numbers since it became legal. I'd be curious to. Budtenders are generally the same people (gender,age,social status...) who bus tables and deliver pizzas. Quite a few coming from out of town. So job increase but workers increase as well. Does it even out?

All the satellite industries (grow shops, testing labs...) are such a small part of the local manpower I wouldn't think it makes any difference on the job market. A lot of the employees were illegal growers turned grow shop clerks. Manufacturing wise, looking at the tags, china is the one making money hand over fist.
    There will still be the need for seasonal workers, lots of outdoor grows in southern OR. But that's seasonal. Around the city all the indoor grows I'm sure have hired the local manpower to tend the nurseries. So that's good, rural Oregon needs the work.

Because of the movements across state lines(money, people, products...) I don't think the true financial impact of legal pot in the US will be fully understood unless all states are legal. Which after friday is going to go on the back burner for a few years I'm afraid. All I know is I'm not moving out of Oregon for a long long time.
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Stosh
      Stosh commented
      Editing a comment
      Referring to your first topic on LCB "Liquor Control Board" as they call it here in PA. So your saying that Oregons State funded Liquor Control has their own Disp/ Stores for Products non Liquor Containing? Im not too familiar on the Specifics within each state but yes each state will reap the benefits to an extent they choose.

Originally posted by Stosh View Post
    Referring to your first topic on LCB "Liquor Control Board" as they call it here in PA. So your saying that Oregons State funded Liquor Control has their own Disp/ Stores for Products non Liquor Containing? Im not too familiar on the Specifics within each state but yes each state will reap the benefits to an extent they choose.
    They started as medical dispensaries under the Oregon health authority, state program Ommp, non profit other than being able to sell excess products to keep it out of the black market. Medical growers with their patients and regulated number of plants selling excess to dispensaries Then legalization showed up. In order to sell it to the public, it's America, so money profit had to be the winning point. And who else should they put in charge of that other than the people who turn alcoholism into profit. We're far from the medical angle at this point. But pot is legal. It sucks for the small growers who are stuck with Ommp like me. You can grow medical weed in a residential area but you can't grow commercial pot unless it's zoned commercial. Mind them it's the same fucking plant and same amount of them.
    Sorry about the rant, still a little sensitive on the issue...
    short answer yes a lot of dispensaries in Oregon will soon be licensed under olcc, most medical have applied to switch over i think. And get this they can sell to medical patients and recreational customers but can buy only from commercial growers. Whoever fought the good fight made sure they'd get the better piece of the cake, fair enough, capitalism in all its glory I suppose. This pot experiment has been in constant change since it started, lots of back tracking and lack of foresight from the state so I'm just gonna keep on sharpen my skills and wait for the cards to fall.
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      What else u going to do for now

The whole country elevating to a higher concious state and connecting!?!? That would give us a better understanding of self and there is NO way the people currently running this system/business we call modern living would let that happen.

You can talk $$$ and sense all day but the fact that it would make people more concious is the REAL reason the top tier will fight legalization to the death!
    Perpetual setup!

Comment

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      As Carl Sagan did you "speak for the earth".

Well a year has passed since I wrote this. Im very pleased to see the industry is moving further into various states, and have created a next generation pathway the medical uses and also the preventative medical studies within cannabidoids and the many benefits to all who seek. Canada is close to nationwide legalization. Thank you Canada. As for the U.S.. well the old school fellas in big pharm and government have yet to step aside to let the real contributions to society take place. Until then all we can do is learn as much on the subject and keep a fwd looking mindset. I have! Investing in a few cannibus courses, and a few small cap cannibus stocks have made me a smarter and more well off person than one year ago. Hope to write another addition to this next year. Thank you all for the comments and likes.

Comment

As I said in an earlier post. There is no LEGAL recreational weed in the U.S. The laws are so restrictive it is ridiculous.Unlike alcohol. 1. One cannot buy as much as one wants. 2. One can not posses as much as one wants. 3. One can not make, grow as much as one wants even with permits. 4. Alcohol is not tracked from grain to store shelf. 5. One can work in the alcohol industry with a felony record. As long as the industry puts up with this kind of ridiculous, burdensome and unfair regulations it will be stymied and there will be a thriving black market. I guess I will be an outlaw the rest of my life. They make it so the only ones able to enter the industry have absolutely clean records and a ton of money and the greedy ones already making money want to keep it this way. We are becoming our own worst enemy. Soon it will be the "legal" growers wanting to put us outlaws in jail.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        No sh-t Aloner, me either.
        Like Crosby, Stills an Nash, say it's Been a Long Time Comin,. Hallelujah it's finally arriving.

• desertdan
        desertdan commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes I am afraid it will be legal in my state because I have always said that if it becomes legal in my state or federal it will be the day after I die. I think the most jobs created will be with the state as regulators and enforcers. Just saying that as long as we let them treat it different than alcohol things won't change enough.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Still a hellava lot better than it was, at least we have hope, been hiding 50years, Would be a great thing not having to hide.

My biggest concern/ fear about legalization is big companies like Beyer genetically modifying cannabis, and exploiting us and cannabis for maximum profits with complete disregard for health and safety.
      Why I will always grow my own regardless.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

financial benefits is that all? we need to claw our way out of our economic prisons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds

Comment

Isn’t every artist in Pink Floyd worth like 150 million each?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Morning Garrett, Probably, you ever see Floyd live ??

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Escape from the economic system we are born into will be a most difficult endeavor. Anticapitalism is even a commodity.
            Last edited by starramus; 01-20-2018, 12:00 PM. Reason: i toopid

• Garrett
            Garrett commented
            Editing a comment
            D.A.A.S.69 No I haven’t. I almost went to a concert 4 years ago, but wasn’t able.

Until it gets all straightened out (I could b years) I will keep on keeping on,
          growen my own and staying under the radar just like the last 50 years!
          why change?

Comment

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Might very well be the best choice. Who knows what they are up to with this legalization. I could get paranoid, and start believing they are just taking names. Round up the bunch of us, and put us into those camps. Shock

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X