Help! First time grower!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! First time grower!

Help! These turned yellow like a few days in and I'm clueless! I've been warned about overwatering so I've been watering it very carefully (so I thought) I have 8 (23w) 100w equivalent 6500K on them. 18 hours on, 6 hours off. It's In your run of the mill potting mix. I've been watering with water right around 6.5ph. It seems like overwatering to me but these were my only seeds. (GG#4) HELP PLEASE!

What are you using for a substrate? Looks like mulch.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

You don’t need that much light at this phase. What is that medium they are in? I would get rid of that organic mulch looking stuff. Maybe there is a drainage issue causing the yellowing. Or a ph issue.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

My guess is that the mulch you are using contains manure. Seedlings hate manure and those plants are showing classic signs of not setting out roots. It's not too late to re-pot them in an organic "fertilizer free" soil.

Comment

This is what they're In. What kind of soil should I get?

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            That soil is hot... meaning it has lots of nutrients in it. You need a neutral soil (no nutrients added) for starting them off. Save the hot soil for when they are larger.
            I use fox farm happy frog for starting them out. Add perlite always. No more mulch. Good luck.

good now get your money back guarantee.... lol
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Target sells a potting product called Ecoscraps. It's just like a home compost soil made from food scraps. A 6 quart bag runs about $5.50. You can add pearlite and sand to it and it's a great starting medium. I seldom recommend a product but this is a unique soil with few similar competitors.

Comment

Thank you everyone! I will hopefully get to Target later today since I can't wait for happy frog to be delivered.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Those poor little plants may survive not sure they sure look stressed. Give them a good drink of plain water flush their little roots if that helps at this point not sure? Sometimes it's not worth it hope there not autos ?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X