Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! First grow not sure if I caused damage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! First grow not sure if I caused damage.

Need a little help and advice on nursing one back to health. Outdoor grow in smartpots with Foxfarm soil. My wife noticed my Amnesia auto was looking a little tall and noticeable to the neighbors so I thought I better try and tie it down a little to bend it to the side some. I got it tied and started pulling it down some and I'm not sure if I pulled a little to much but it folded over. I didn't noticed any splitting of the branch. it just looked like it folded, so I put some tape in the area to help add support. It just happened today so I am not really sure yet if I did too much damage. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix or is the damage already done?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gman420; 08-01-2020, 10:12 PM.

If it seems weak make sure to support it, other than that she should be fine. My photo girls are all folded, broke, and bent still thriving.

Comment

• gman420
      gman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Mine was definitely not as bad as that one.

If you didn't have a significant tear or breakage of the stem it should be just fine. However you do now have a weak spot that should be addressed. I've tried taping sticks and reinforcing with tape and such which pretty much only sucks. Now I put a bamboo stick or other long piece of wood in the soil and tie it off above the break for needed support.

Comment

• gman420
      gman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I'll have to add more support then.

i have broken a branch on every plant i've grown. one time, i tied down i branch, and the next morning i looked in the tent, and saw the branch snapped, and was hanging by thread, duct taped back together, looked dead for 3-4 days, then started growing again. these are some tough plants. yours will be fine.

Comment

These plants are pretty tough. A little tape, extra support and she should be on the mend. I've split plants clear in half, snapped branches and they have all healed after giving them alittle love and TLC. Its almost like we're growing weeds.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Smerft85
        Smerft85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Almost!

Sounds to me like all you did was supercrop it accidentally. That's a good thing so don't worry. As previously stated, probably tie it for support until it heals and it will form a nice knuckle. That will help nutrient intake for anything above that.

Comment

The resilience of cannabis as a species in general coupled with the extensive breeding in today's market has yielded an extremely hearty plant. I've done everything wrong that one could do wrong: freezing temps, hot temps, low/high humidity, interrupting the light cycle, nutrient burns, bug infestations, you name it. Nothing really kills these plants if you respond quickly enough. Once you know what your setup is prone to you can take preventative measures to promote the most effective usage of plant energy. Propping up the branch with a rod let's the plant use it's energy for repairs instead of vertical growth and it will continue along it's merry way.

Comment

• gman420
          gman420 commented
          Editing a comment
          As a new grower I am just learning about these plants and the various things that can happen. I appreciate everyone's advice and personal experiences. There is so much to learn about growing cannabis and it's great to have a group that is full of people that are willing to help and share their knowledge. Thanks everybody and Happy growing!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X