The lesser of 2 evils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lesser of 2 evils

I'm hittin 90°F in my flower tent burnin 792watts of Mars Hydro. 6wks into flower but already finishing- purple & some amber. I unplugged the TWS2000 - 307w -& it dropped to 86°.

So my question is whether it would be best to leave the light on & risk heat stress hermies or turn it off during the worst heat of the day & lose the wattage- thus yield.....??

And this is why I shut down my flowering room every July and August. If you can cut the light at the high point of the day but also know that it's not ideal but I had this problem at the end of this year I hit 99f a couple times and it had its effects (lower weight due to airy buds, foxtailing, and nanners) harvest was still good.

The biggest problem is losing terpenes at this temperature.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Yeah I'm seein that wisdom right now. I'm leaning towards cutting the hottest light during peak heat like you said & starting to harvest. I know it's only 6wks but then I never saw a plant (or animal) that could read a calendar & these uns are sayin they're about done.....
      Last edited by JDU; 07-27-2020, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I bought a small ac. @wallmart and took a chainsaw to the door of my growroom problem solved.

Comment

I have a 5000 btu AC unit ducted into the tents. I guess I need a 10,000.

Comment

I run my lights at night when the temperature in my garage is lower. I have a small exhaust fan at the top of the tent and air openings at the bottom. Temp sometimes gets high but this seems to work well for me.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I'm indoors upstairs in spare room. I run my 2 450vipars now with all vents open main door also. I have nothing but a fan outside of it. If i were to flip it and i am on Aug. 1st to 12/12 i'm doing my 12/12 on off from 1a.m. to 1p.m. on/off. I close top vent flap side window flap, door flap and leave all floor flaps open. I got forced air floor vents and a fan it will be above 80 in that tent i've already checked. I've not ever run tents this time of year but had too. i'm just gonna have to keep a watchful eye on them. This is also outdoor bloom begins in Aug for Oregon so if all else fails it gets way to hot JDU move them outside, i am if it becomes critical.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I always drop my wattage the last 2-3 weeks of a grow. Once the leaves start to change they start to lose their ability to convert light into energy. IMO, you’re just wasting photons if you’re blasting them at full power.
                Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Agreed with above cool temps brings better flavors. Good luck
                  4x4 600w HID empty for summer
                  3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
                  2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
                  running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Toker1 is always thinking, almost like his is doing 120 going over mailboxes!

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Smart.
                    I just wish I knew how to make real- old time- burn on a pin hash.

• Toker1
                    Toker1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hahaha!! Mr.furley Yeah, tried that once before... but ended up with a flat tire. Lol
                    JDU check out my signature for bubble hash making instructions. It’s old school uses water and ice. 👍 you can burn it on a pin or in between two hot knives. Personally I just like to toss some over a fresh bowl pack.

A few days later....Hey thanks y'all. I unplugged the big light & am only running the 4 corner fixtures- 100-150w each. High temps now in the low 80s. Feels strange to CUT light but- The ladies are doin so much better with the lower temps & less light.
                  Last edited by JDU; 08-03-2020, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ya know JDU they seem to sense the cool and settle into the transition better kinda like the outdoor.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X