Training my Autoflowers the easy way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training my Autoflowers the easy way

Have a Blueberry and a Purple Kush autoflower - topped off the sixth node and have all 5 growing beneath.

Started by running electrical wire through my 2 gallon Geopots and then filling with soil.

Before topping i was encouraging the first 3 sets of branches to begin growing away from the main stem - using electrical wire holding them down in the soil.

Now I have them where I want them. Using the nice soft gardening tie down I can now use the wire on the outside of the pots to hold down what I want.

Just the first 3 sets of branches I have tied down - not sure about the other 2 sets - think I'll just let them do their thing for now and decide later. Opinions requested.

And of course the obligatory fan leaf removal to open things up.

And the reason for all this work - cuz I'm usually just pretty lazy and let them grow the way they want - is to control WPM - it still happens in my tent. Before this grow the tent was disassembled/wiped clean with bleach/reassembled. Pain in my buttocks this mold.

But it keeps recurring - so I'll be prepared.

Hence the training - keep the fan leaves growing apart and the buds will prosper.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Great idea! I've been using small hobby clip clamps I picked up at a 99 cent store (12 for 99) and attaching them to the rim of my plastic containers. It allows me to move them around but this looks way better. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your welcome

That’s a great idea putting the wire in before the medium, I’m using that one next time 👍🏻

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      With a fabric pot - I find it the easiest way to get solid extra help - especially on the outside.

Not bad. Good explanation about the training and the preparation for it 👍🏻
    nicely done Canuck
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I see one big problem with these plants right away.... they're in your house and not mine lol
      lookin good though great idea w preinstalled tie downs.

Mold..... I use peroxide all during my grow now, in my foliage spray and in my water... standard hydrogen peroxide the brown bottle from Walmart 1tbs per qt in a hand sprayer, spraying my plants and all around grow room pots floor walls everywhere/ 1cup per 5 gallon bucket to water as normal watering day... actually I eyeball it because it's just not gonna hurt your plants, I use it like once every three weeks or so. The reason I started using it is because I had a mold problem last year, and was told by a family member who works at a large greenhouse (hemp growers) that peroxide kills mold and it helps fight bugs. He also said to use the sun to bleach all your tools like pots tarps measuring cups ect by laying everything out in the sun for two days before starting your next grow. I don't know if I got lucky or it just works that good but I haven't had mold since I did what he said..
      sorry for the book, good luck
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I use a spray for when the mold comes around - Defender Garden Fungicide by Safer's - works wonderfully when used at first sight of the mold.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X