New toy, um, I mean tool...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New toy, um, I mean tool...

I was in the small-box hardware store in town picking up more potting soil and saw one of these things on display. A USB microscope. "I need this in my life, kid. Where are they?"
    'Oh we don't carry them. Just thought it was cool"
    "It is cool and you should carry these things. If my purse was bigger, this one would be missing."

I discovered I had Amazon money still lurking from a gift card, so I thought, "Hey, why not?" I tried to talk myself out of it and all I did was talk myself into a more expensive one. That is the bane of my existence, I am ashamed to say...I wasn't finished with Amazon. Who am I kidding?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't wait to see all the buds turn frosty! Glad I started to read ahead in "how to grow pot 101", because waiting until the perfect moment to chop these down will be harder than anything else I've had to do for the duration of this freshman grow. I have literally never seen a cannabis plant growing until now. Never touched or smelled one. I want to stand in the middle of my street and yell something about making fire!
    If not for you fine farmers, I would have thought I'd discovered a new species!
    Not really, but you get my drift. It's seriously exciting AF.
    The whole process is blowing my mind. I'm not adding more equipment to save/improve this grow - it's going to be whatever with only 2-3 weeks left and nary a yellow leaf, but the knowledge I've gleaned since I poked 2 bag seeds into random MG potting soil on my 60F April windowsill, is priceless.
    As soon as I cut my ladies down, I'm going to start again with some of their baby sisters, except in the right soil, with everything I've learned from you. I want to see what these things will really do. I realize from my photos, compared to some of yours, my girlies are scruffy little things that I didn't let get anywhere near out of control; I really didn't know how tall they would go. As a result they have been in a little more bondage than was perhaps necessary. Next time...
    So much to learn and I imagine I feel a lot like Neo did when he learned to fly a helicopter in The Matrix.
    No idea what to expect. I've decided this is like waiting for a birth before the ultrasound became standard. That is my only frame of reference. The flavor of my first human baby was a complete surprise, too.

I'm glad I it played out like it did, with total immersion and flying by the seat of my hippy-skirt. Hopefully have some rad microscope pics tomorrow night!
    Have a great day!

as pot growers we strive to give our plants the chance to be all they can , the buds you have look healthy and almost ready well done ,now each grow will get better and better, You must have a very secure back yard I've never seen a doe lay in the wide open like that before either that or she ate your plants lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Deer are such a nuisance where I live you can’t grow anything outside unless it has a high fence around it. They’ll eat your Rose bushes then bed down in the flower bed right beside the stumps.

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Everybody's gotta eat. I try to plant deer-resistant stuff, and wild flowers. Lots and lots of wildflowers. Sometimes they punk me if I forget to drop the net back on the tomatoes. It turns out there is a lot of stuff they *don't like*, especially if you give them a pool, lol. (yisss - i miss roses, but I love the animals...) But seriously, it's hit and miss. By the time they come down from the falls with their new babies in late spring, almost everything is in full leaf and green, so my stuff isn't all there is to eat.
      They are safe here and the word got out. Usually have a few around; this may be a boy; the singles usually are. He put his nose in my hand that day. Too big to be last year's and I don't recognize him/her. Could be a doe that lost her baby already. Last year we had twins and a single fawn, this year I've only seen one set of twins. They even do their mating thing in our three connected backyards! That was a TRIP! Wanted to get my David Attenbourough on, lol

AccidentalGardener I feel exactly the same as you do!! With every grow I get so excited as the little plants turn big, switching to flower, examining trichomes waiting for the perfect moment to start harvest. It's always just as exciting as it was the first time, although I'm more comfortable now. Don't be afraid to harvest in phases if you see top buds ready before lower buds.

And the dear deer picture is really beautiful!!! Looks like you have a sweet pet!! ;-}
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

AccidentalGardener...you're funny. My fourth grow just started. It's the first one that I have promised myself not to buy a new toy, errrr tool. I already have everything I need. So far so good. But...
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
      Autopot system
      : 1 Scarlet Grapes & 1 Scarlet Sunset
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Idle at the moment
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        ... There's always a gadget we can't resist...

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        I'm my father's daughter, and he is awful about gadgets. Last time, he thought he wanted a MIG welder *and* a plasma cutter - after taking a single shop class at his community college - when he was 80. He got bored after 6 months.
        He turned 84 this week. This time he went for a very high end gaming PC *and* a $600 gaming chair, which he says he exceeds the weight limit, "but only by a little", lol. He plays a lot of video games. It is safer than him out in his shop using a plasma cutting torch, I can assure you, LOL.
        I think I'm still in "normal" territory gadget-wise

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        My excuse is the totes wore out :-)

Good lucking plants and nice dog also!
      Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        Lol, that's just one of my "dogs" There are whole families of them in the yard. The babies are the best! I threw a deer net over the whole veggie patch. That's why they ate my nasturtiums, but only on the lawn side, so there are some left for me to look at on this side

I bought one similar to this and it is great. I just plug it into my phone and it lets you really see your trichomes without having to stand on your head to do so. I also use the app "cosy magnifier and microscope" it's free at the Google app store works good for daily quick look but the USB microscope is better. DAMN BOYS WITH OUR TOYS.... have fun!!!

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the same one. Glad it now comes wireless cus mine has a faulty wire and glitches sometimes

• Gjourney101
        Gjourney101 commented
        Editing a comment
        I downloaded that app. It works good honestly. You click the screen to focus, so I'd bring a leaf closer and closer slowly, and focus it every other second til it was enlarged and HD lol. Great app suggestion

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        I'm not a boy either, but I raised some, so I know the drill

Hahaha I didn't mean to leave you out and the toys can't tell the gender of who is playing with it anyway lol
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        LOLOLOL. Indeed, and that's one of the things that makes it so cool. Just folks growing weed. It's nice.

I don't use mine often but part of the reason is the short wire, I think I might get a wireless one soon.

Comment

The one that came wasn't very good and has been boxed up for return whence it came. They all appear to be the same thing - some even in the same boxes with different manufacturer names printed. Ugh. Made in China garbage. I am returning it and will try a different route. Loupe, thingy that fits over a phone camera lens, a different lens on my 35mm, I have old phones with amazeballs cameras...
        There are many ways to peel this potato! (we don't skin cats. I am also a cat lady squad-member >^..^< )

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          if it makes you feel any better you are not missing out on anything, no trichome picture can provide the information the rest of the plant does. just the structure and feeling of the buds its way more reliable than checking trichomes, i dont really do it. depending on the quality of your sight but when trichomes go amber you can see them with the naked eye

Originally posted by AccidentalGardener View Post
        The one that came wasn't very good and has been boxed up for return whence it came. They all appear to be the same thing - some even in the same boxes with different manufacturer names printed. Ugh. Made in China garbage. I am returning it and will try a different route. Loupe, thingy that fits over a phone camera lens, a different lens on my 35mm, I have old phones with amazeballs cameras...
        There are many ways to peel this potato! (we don't skin cats. I am also a cat lady squad-member >^..^< )
        There are phone apps that make your phone camera a magnifier... I use one on my android called "cosy magnifier and microscope" it works good
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X