drying- need help quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! drying- need help quick

im in a dry climate down here in arizona, rh well under 20 most of the time. on top of that to prevent odors i had to use a wedryer to cut down on odors (grow box wasnt an option due to heat) so theres a small pc fan pulling air across my buds.

its only been 3 days now and the outside of my buds feel dry, the hairs feel kind of crunchy. however the small stems arnt breaking off only bending so theres still moisture in there.

should i jar them up or keep them in the wedryer for another day?
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

If the outside is dry, yes. Even with stems on still if your RH is that low.
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Yes jar em up with a mini hydrometer. When it goes up to 67-72 or so put it back in the paper bag til it gets a little crispy again then jar. Bag jar bag jar til it levels off.

Comment

Here in Southern California we get a weather pattern called Santa Ana Winds where we have extremely hot days with single digit humidity. It also often happens to coincide with my harvest time. Last year I had some of my bud damaged because ti dried so fast leaving a lot of my product larfy and airy. I didn't have any humidity packs (hadn't even heard of them) so I ended up using small pumice rocks soaked in water and then set inside unsealed plastic bags in each cure jar. This year I'm set with a humidifier and hopefully I'll be prepared. If you get yours in jars while there's still some moisture, it should migrate back into your bud. Good luck/

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
          AccidentalGardener commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah yes, quite familiar with the Santa Anas. Spent Halloween night 1982 watering the roof of my friend's house in Chatsworth! Dry, oh my!

Great idea with the soaked pumice to add some moisture crucialbunny.
        Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

thanks everyone, jarred them up and my only hydrometer, at present, is in one of them. ill keep an eye on things. i left most of the stems on for now, once the mosture seems to migrate back into the buds should i remove the stems entirely and proceed like normal with curing as long as my humidity doesnt get too high with them?
          stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
          ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
          bloom plus LED 300W
          green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
          Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            I would have the buds off the stalks but I leave the small stems on through the cure. Takes longer n tastes better to me.

I think it was Rwise who told me to keep some fresh large stems in the freezer & use one when I dry too far & need to add a little humidity.

Comment

I just bumped the thread where everyone helped me learn to cure. Read "The hardest part"

Comment

Great advice from all these guys or at least they're all doing things the same way I do or have done. Hydrometer in one jar from each plant, 63% humidity packs are an amazing invention, but if you accidentally over dry don't let the H pack rehydrate put some stems into your jars it helps retain flavor... I just wanted to put everyone's advice together here.... I also live were the RH stays below 10% so I dry between 3 and 5 days instead of when I lived in N. California I dried between 5 and 10 days.
              Good luck
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              👇my one n only journal👇
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X