Cloth grow bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloth grow bag

If I could please get some feedback on the cloth grow bags. I know someone who used them and had an issue with mold growth on the bags. Also with watering. Either the plant was soaked or the bag was. Currently I'm using 5 gallon buckets from Lowe's. I'm wanting to switch off to 3 gallon so I can add another plant. Looking at choices. Thanks!

Geopots for me - and they come with handles - have to have them off the ground on a riser of some kind - I use bbq grates - and not touching anything so the air flows through them and allows the roots to self prune.

And they work fabulously - never a root ball here.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• SoAbbyNormal
      SoAbbyNormal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you I appreciate the help!

Are you talking about the canvas like bags with soil? If so they're meant to keep you from making a muddy environment because they'll leak out the water from all sides. If they get mold it's because you don't let them dry between watering or you don't have enough airflow in your garden. If you happen to see mold spray the hell out of them with water and hydrogen peroxide same thing if you see mold on your buds, plant, dirt, bathtub, anywhere
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• SoAbbyNormal
      SoAbbyNormal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the info I appreciate it.

Is it mold growth or algae?

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking salt buildup.

Well if someone else can't water a fabric or cloths grow sack they need a new hobby. Yes it's not dumping a bucket of water into a plant it's about being careful and slow to begin with when first watering soil and plant. Once all gets settled easy peasy. Nothing ventured nothing gained get it?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I love my fabric pots. I highly recommend.

Comment

I have been using fabric pots for 6 years and have never had mold grow on my bags. Now there is a buildup of salts that happens every once and a while which could possibly be mistaken for mold as it is white in color, but it is not mold. You would have to leave the pots soaking wet with no air flow for an extended period of time to grow mold, which if thats the case then you are doing it wrong. I dont use anything but fabric pots as they breathe easier and allow for more airflow to the root system. Also watering is much easier with cloth bags as the bags dry out faster making it hard to over water in one sitting. It sounds like your friend needs to learn a little more on growing. If you follow the suggestions on the main site i find it hard to mess up.

Comment

• SoAbbyNormal
          SoAbbyNormal commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info I appreciate it.

I love the bags and plastic. It is not a problem that they get dirty soiled looking with green or salt issues. They dry out like Tersky says, they stain like your cloths Kneeling in dirt so what. Some folks wash them out after each use. I don't wash them unless there growing leggs and walking off. I have soaked them in a bucket of laundry soap hung them on the fence and squirted them off with a hose but heck nothing easier.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SoAbbyNormal
          SoAbbyNormal commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X