HELP? Is my plant starting to herm??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP? Is my plant starting to herm??

I noticed what you’ll see in the pics while giving her a little water.

Fearing the worst, I plucked one off with my fingernails, so you can see what it looks like in my hands.

if this is a sign of herming, can I pluck all these small things off tonight and hope for the best, or do I have to cut her down entirely? I worked on her so hard I can’t stand to see her go!

these are feminized seeds, in the 3-4th week flower.

I don’t see anything like this on my other plant.

backstory:

My plants have gone through some stress lately, and I normally use distilled water but I was out for the past few days. My Critical purple kush plant was getting really droopy and the soil was dry, so I decided to put a small amount of tap water in it to see if that would help her, even though I’m scared to water my plants with anything but distilled water. While watering, I noticed these and my heart was racing. Please don’t let it be so.

Attached Files

I am 95% certain that is a pollen sac. Try going over the entire plant and remove them. Hopefully you can get them all off and she will stop misbehaving. If you have other plants going then I suggest you isolate this one.

Comment

By the time you have all the balls removed, you will have a plant full of fan leaves. And I mean 'by the time you're done.' You might get rid of what are hanging but have a good chance of more on the way. I don't know the stress you describe would make you go balls out, especially with a feminized seed.
      If it's the one plant, look to see what it's next to. I recently experienced a single fem plant got some nanners in late harvest. There was one other of the same strain and two bagseeds. None of the other had issue. Something I noticed was the nanners were growing on the closest part of the plant, of the plant closest to a power strip. The little innocuous red light might have been the culprit. Could yours be? Maybe a small light leak in the tent?
      Whatever, remove it from your others and chase the balls if you have a place to keep it growing. You still have several weeks of chances you can open your tent to a sac that already blew it's load... of pollen. You also might find them growing in bunches, like grapes.
      I notice the leaves in the background of your images are droopy. Are you dry?

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Stahlherz420
        Stahlherz420 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just gave it a little water, but I’m broke so I can’t buy anymore distilled water, I have to use tap. And I don’t have a second grow light to hang in another closet so I can’t isolate her. Would putting a curtain in between her and the other plant stop pollen from spreading too far?

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        You would need to put it in it's own air supply. I'm not sure why you're against using tap water, unless you live in San Diego, or vending machine water. As long as the pH is appropriate for your growing medium, and you don't over or under water, you won't do any harm. The plant's may not be fat and juicy as they would with all the nutes and junk. But harm is not as good as no harm.

That's definitely a pollen sack, if that plant were in my garden it would already be gone. Dont mean to sound so harsh, but it's taking space a good female could be growing in. Also definitely check your other plants, I'd bet at minimum you'll already be lightly seeded unless you are super lucky, turned one or more herm if you aren't as lucky. I use mystery ph tap water all the time, I wont drink it straight if that tells you anything, and I've never had my water herm a plant in 10 years.

Comment

• Stahlherz420
        Stahlherz420 commented
        Editing a comment
        I only just saw it today, and I already put so much love into a plant that seemed female up until today, I couldn’t stand to cut her down. Especially since I have only one other plant and if that’s the only one that makes it to harvest, I won’t have as much to smoke or share with my friends. I believe underwatering was the reason for her stress and I just gave her some water, her leaves are already perking up. I’m gonna try cutting off every emerging ballsack I see until I don’t see any more. Thank you everyone for your help!

I leave my tap out to dechlorinate. Fill jugs now for the next water/nutes session.
      Like you Smerft85 my local water is only labelled as potable. I prefer paying two bits for a gallon of filtered machine water for drinking, than $15.00 for a bottle of Pepto-Bismol and 4-pack of the big roll, extra strength Charmin.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X