Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Grow Outdoors - Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow Outdoors - Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

This is my first attempt at growing, I got 2 autos going an Amnesia and Northern Lights. I started from seed on 5/31/20 and have them in 2 gallon smart pots in FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil on the side of my deck .I don't add any nutrients and have simply used tap water (and rain water) up to this point. I had to put a fence around them because something started eating the bottom of the plants about 2 weeks ago. The Amnesia does have a little brown on one of the leaves toward the bottom of the plant but overall I think they are doing ok. I just wanted to share and see if anybody had any thoughts, advice, and any guesses on how much longer before flowering/harvest.

My only suggestion is probably bigger pots. From what I've read, a 3 gallon pot is usually the recommended size for autos. Since you're outside, 5 gallon pots may be better. I'm growing my first autos indoors right now so I'm pretty new to them myself, all photoperiod before that. Someone else with more auto experience should be by shortly. Looks good to me otherwise though.

Comment

• gman420
      gman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I appreciate it. Next time I'll have to consider using the 3 gal pot. I thought by sticking to a smaller pot I could keep them from getting to big and being noticed by the neighbors. I am new to this and just wanted to start off with a small successful grow.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any time. It may reduce your yields a little bit but you should still be able to get some good smoke either way.

Lookin good. autos don't generally get more than 3-5 feet tall so 5 gal pots should be plenty big. I would also go to growweedeasy.com search training autos and there's a ton of different ways to increase your yield which is what you want I'm sure. Done right outside you could get probably 3/4 lb out of them. One more important thing is nutes (FOOD) will be a necessity growweedeasy will also have ideas for the best auto nutes as well...
    Good luck and welcome to the confusion we call growing cannabinoids 😂🌲
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Oops lol I missed the part where you wanted to be incognito 😎 stay with the small pots should keep em from doing what I suggested before. Training can also keep em shorter tie her branches down to your deck or pot so you can move em. I'm about to start a new batch and I'm excited so my post before was me spreading my enthusiasm for bigger growth this time it's a damn addiction I tell ya and I don't even smoke the stuff lol
      again good luck have fun
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I have quite a lot of experience on autos both outside and inside.
        If this was me. I would just let them grow naturally, especially if this is your first grow.
        the pot size is a little too small to be honest. Inside you could easily use this size of pot. Nevertheless they look fine.

Do you monitor your Ph levels ? And my suggestion is stop using rain water. Ain’t no benefits from that, and most of the time the rain water’s Ph levels is swinging up and down like a politician with the lies over and over again.

happy growing
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• gman420
          gman420 commented
          Editing a comment
          To be honest I haven't closely monitored the Ph levels. The times that I have checked them they have been in the 7-8 range which I know is a little to high. As for the rain water it not's what I typically use but I'm also not going out and moving them out of the rain either. I really appreciate your input every little bit helps. Thanks for viewing and commenting.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X