Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow box is full, First Time Grower..thoughts and advice please

https://imgur.com/a/UlI3g5o

This is an Northern Lights Auto. There are actually two plants in there but one has taken over. This is my first grow and I was afraid to do much training and never topped it. Is it too late now? Would you suggest any pruning at this point (I have removed leaves at the very bottom of the plant)? It seems like it is going to outgrow my little grow box. Also thoughts on just giving up on the 2nd plant (if is almost all in the shadow of the larger plant...seems like it happened so fast). The is a DW Hydroponic grow.
    Last edited by FloridaRingo; 07-14-2020, 10:07 PM.

How many weeks in and how many does she have left? I'm currently doing my first auto grow so I don't know too much about training them yet (they're only a few days old) and don't really want to give advice there. Probably too late to top but you can supercrop and tie her down if you're worried about height. Depends on what week you're in really but I'll leave the advice to the veteran auto growers. Personally I would probably take some of the larger leaves off, especially toward the top so the light can penetrate further down. I like the setup you have with the lights on the side, looks very nice. As for the second girl in there, I would see if there's somewhere else you can put her or you may hurt yields from both plants. I hate throwing out plants so I'd probably throw her as close to a well lit window as I could and call it a day. Don't know if that's possible for you or not.

Comment

• FloridaRingo
      FloridaRingo commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to keep things in stealth mode do I had to let the 2nd girl go. I am pretty happy with the set up I might replace the fan with one with a big more power. Also might not control smell very well if a stronger smelling strain.

Hello guys/gals I'm not an auto guy haven't ventured into them yet. They are just plants that flower when they want though. It's never to late to prune and train. I found an article explaining how and when to get her done. I'll put the link below have fun and good luck 🌲😎

by Nebula Haze Yes, you can top an auto-flowering plant that is growing fast and healthy. For example if it has grown at least 4-5 nodes (pairs of "real" leaves) by the end of week 2. Otherwise it may not be growing fast enough to handle topping without getting stunted. Read on to learn more!
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

May I say your grow box looks amazing. Those corner LED are very well thought out my friend. You can do LST if you don't want to top or HST. Autos don't usually recover fast enough to do the big training techniques. But you can always defoliate and tie down nodes
      Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
      Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
      FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Also, do you have any lights above your plant?

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Don't top Autos this late.
          Last edited by Mr.furley; 07-15-2020, 08:20 AM.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by Gjourney101 View Post
            Also, do you have any lights above your plant?
            Yes, not well shown in the photo but the main grow light (LED) is at the top of the box shining down.

Comment

• MeEasy
              MeEasy commented
              Editing a comment
              I like those side lights as well. What are they (name brand or link) I would like to look into them as a future investment. I've been considering some CFLs or something like that to hang around beside the girls to see up her dress if you know what I mean but those LEDs look like the way to go
              Thanks in advance

• FloridaRingo
              FloridaRingo commented
              Editing a comment
              Side lights are 18" sunblaster strip lights

SunBlaster LED Strip Lights are great for many applications. The Sleek design makes these Strip Lights ideal for most applications where you need high quality lighting for your indoor growing. Here's a simple easy solution for getting more growing space with a small footprint, and is portable if you need it to be. Take a standard bakers rack and out fit it with the following SunBlaster LED Strip Lights and accessories. Here's what you will need to build it. One Standard Bakers Rack 8 x SunBlaster 4' LED Strip Lights 4 x SunBlaster Strip Light Hangers 4 x 14" Link Cords 3 x 24" Link Cords 1 x 6' Power Cord with on/off switch 16 x Double or Quad Thick 1020 Trays 16 x 7" NanoDomes - vented There it is! You now have a Propagation Rack that is perfect for starting or growing sixteen 1020 trays or flats of your favorite product. You could be: starting from seed getting seedlings on their way getting cuttings or clones off to their very best starts growing microgreens from start to finish starting your outdoor plants and vegetables, ready for transplant when the weather is right! The opportunities are endless.

Amazon seems to only carry the 24" and 48" now
              Last edited by FloridaRingo; 07-16-2020, 02:07 AM. Reason: added link

MeEasy I like it because it actually resembles the positioning of the sun. Usually, growers have to lollipop since light is only from the top as you know, but this actually solves the problem. Very neat. I think we should make a thread dedicated to creating a efficient DIY grow box like this gentleman has

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
            300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

• MeEasy
              MeEasy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah that's why I asked him about the ones he has they look sharp and like I said I'd been lookin at hanging something like that actually CFL because they can be inches away all the way around my grow

CFLs look pretty cool once you get about 8-15 of them.

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
            300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Side lights are 18" sunblaster strip lights LINK

Amazon seems to only carry the 24" and 48" now

Comment

I am a little surprised at how much water my girl is drinking now. It is normal to add nuts when you are adding significant amounts of water?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X