Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie in need of help.

Hey!
    Im a first time grower and have a few question.. I want to grow in a tent (4x8) and use a soilless medium, do I just put the pots and plants on the ground? If so, what do you do with the runoff ?

I have 2 Luxx 645w LED in there. will that be too much light ?

Thanks!
    Jason

I'm not an indoor grower, infact I'm terrible at indoor grows, however I know there are drip trays available that will fit the bottom of the tent similar to a tray on the bottom of a flower pot.

As for the lights, it sounds like a ton of power for a relatively small area, but I may be wrong. Either way, welcome to growing cannabis, next most rewarding hobby I can think of is hand loading your own ammo, which I also do lol.

Comment

The GWE website is a wealth of information.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/high-yi...nics-technique
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

It's a little more that just that. Research everything you can on Hydroponics. It's a lot different than a seed in soil
        Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
        Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
        FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Confused by the question. You ask about a soilless medium but then ask about runoff. Are you meaning hydro or coco? Hydro is a soilless medium but is coco considered a soilless medium as well? If you're referring to hydro, yes you can put your buckets straight on the floor. If you're referring to coco, it's recommended to have a drip tray under your pots to catch the runoff or at least elevate your pots off the floor. I personally have soil in my pots, some are on trays and some aren't yet. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Gjourney101
            Gjourney101 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe coco, but...

• JASONR
            JASONR commented
            Editing a comment
            That definitely helped! i need some runoff trays. thank you

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Any time

Is that 645w from the wall?? Or equivalent? I have 2 old blurple lights. They say they are 1000w but only pull 150w from the wall each. For a 4x8 you'll want about 1600w with the old blurple lighting. From the wall....
          Last edited by JDU; 07-15-2020, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X