HELP! Leaves turning brown on saw edges all over plants HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL HELP! Leaves turning brown on saw edges all over plants HELP

HELP! Edges of leaves turning brown starting on sides of leaves all over plants , this is an outdoor grow in planting mix that was purchased from a local soil place. It’s got lots of turkey dung and decomposed wood. I generally water every other day and haven’t given them any nutes for about a month because I thought maybe it was nutrient burn. I have a few plants in 55 gallon barrels and several in the ground. All have the problem. It has been very hot here, regularly over 100 degrees but I run a giant porta cooler swamp cooler on them anytime it gets close to 100. I have blue dream, strawberry banana and pink Hawaiian and they all look the same. They are growing extremely fast though and new growth on top looks healthy and the further down the plant you go the worse they get. Any ideas??

Hello and welcome i would do a long flush meaning use a garden hose and try and flush out best you can. You will be able to save this grow.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm looking at, perhaps, maybe pH fluctuations? https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...h-fluctuations

My gal SoOrbudgal has good advice. Pa taught me two things. One was, when he said, "Gingerbeard, my lad. You will always feel better with a good flush." Works great with plants, too. But I go back to fluctuations if water sources for nutes and watering are different and not checked.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

When I read nebulas articles on water practice, it could easily be this.
        because she wrote nutrient burn will almost only affect the leaf tips.

im with ginger here. What is your PH levels in the soil ? And what about your water feeding ?
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I'm guessing the decomposed wood in your grow medium is the culprit - cannabis plants don't like the bark mulch or woody stuff at all.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I agree with all, Flush with lots of ph'ed water, last gal. with weak nutes and cal-mag,let her dry out before watering again. Nice garden, good luck.

Comment

I just have a cheapie ph/light/moisture meter but have a decent digital PH pen on the way. I flushed the hell out of them last night but didn’t use ph’d water. 😕 wondering which cal-mag to buy? There are several ( see pic) thanks guys for the help. This is my first Grow and I’ve got some 8ft tall plants going. Would hate to lose them
              now 🙂

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
                UndergroundFarmer commented
                Editing a comment
                Any of those are good for use on cannabis.

Supersonic my friend, if you have 8ft tall plants, you have my full attention.
              As far as I know, calmag is calmag is calmag. Perhaps different growing media will need a different brand? I'm in soil and my brand is General Organics. I don't know if it's bottom shelf or top because it's the only one I've used. Neither pro nor con on it's effect.
              Now that you have your plants nice and soaked, leave them alone, save the odd checking for other oddities. If nothing new shows up between wet and dry, you're probably on the way to recovery. Keep sexing your plants to make sure they haven't been ball shocked.
              Get rid of the most necrotic leaves. Leave a few to see how they react to flushing and drying. Like, do the spots dry and leave holes while the rest of the leaves keep green?
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

How hard is your water? Looks like salt or mineral burn to me. A good flush should help. A rainwater flush would be excellent. I have very hard well water and have seen this before when very hot. I save rainwater for flushing.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X