Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Growing Larf

Hi growing community,
    I need some help please. I fear that with each cycle my weed is actually getting airy-er to the point I'm calling it larf. Even the main colas. I'm growing under an SP 250 Mars Hydro LED light bar. It's a full spectrum board with excellent potential for small setups. Mine is a small setup. 2x4x5 so low height too. But for once that's not my issue. My issue is that since I grew the first 5 from seed (berry bomb) the clones I've taken from a single mum appear to be larfy and more larf each run. I've considered all factors, but I'm starting to feel it might just be down to genetics. The first ever run had very symmetrical stems and the buds seemed to be evenly tapered whereas now they are clearly growing on separate calyxes. It's been cold the last run and this current one but even through summer I was hoping for better colas and just not getting results. I use House and Garden A+B in Canna brand coco Coir with perlite mixed in. The temps have been a bit low in winter but still...
    my first two runs I was using viparspectra 450W blurple and I honestly think the flower production was nearly on par, however the veg production with this Mars Hydro is clearly head and shoulders better. Speed, size of leaves, just much much better.
    Could it be that the light just can't produce the goods? Is it genetic? Am I growing too many in a small space? I have 6 in 25cm pots. Each is about a metre high.

Any ideas? I'm all ears.πŸ˜”

Photos are in week 5 and 6 of flower. These girls Usually go through about an 8-9 week flowering.
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.
    Last edited by Ichibaniles81; 07-10-2020, 10:55 AM. Reason: Add pics

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello your grow looks very clean and organized and the only reason i know as to fluffy buds is not strong enough light. Now with my 2 450 i've now got them under the sweet spots about 15-20" from canopy in flower. I rotate them also. I think you'll get better as you get use to the grow pattern of the light. I don't know your light. Everything else looks great.

Thanks for that reply, glad to hear someone else's point of view. So do you think running a bigger light in a space that small is ok? It's only 2ft by 4ft or 0.8m2 and I thought true 250w off LED would cover it..?

Comment

Must be a genetic thing.

Time for new seeds.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
        Must be a genetic thing.

Time for new seeds.
        Thanks man, I'm thinking the same. It's colder than I'd like right now but it doesn't account for the way it keeps turning out. The cold could be making it purple and growing slow, but the yield is weird.. ill keep this thread updated. It would normally be 2 weeks till harvest going by other grows of the strain, so in 2 weeks we'll see, I might start flushing later because of the cold.
        thanks again bro

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a Miss Loose and Larfy growing now - a little disappointing - but I'm going to make cannabutter out of her.

heres a couple of things I see , I would say that your light is not big enough or not the right spectrum, 2 your pots are how big they look like 2 or 3 gallon pots . I feed my plants 4 times a day I can do this because I'm growing in coco so I can grow in 3 gallon pots . If you are hand watering then you should go to a bigger pot , I find I get the best yield when I use a 10 gallon pot ,I also grow outside in a green house . now I would try and see if they are root bound if so repot in a much bigger pot ,I would also cut all those fan leafs off so light can hit all the buds . I do this in the 3rd week of bloom read Nebulas tutorial on defoliating .last but not least I think you have two many plants , I would try 4 and if you still are getting larf go to 2 plants ,dont worry I bet your yield will be the same or better
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Ichibaniles81
          Ichibaniles81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks so much OJH. Im glad to hear you say go less plants too, because I was already planning on 3 next time (which is half of what's there now) in bigger pots too..
          I'm worried it's too late to defoliate again because I'm near week 7 of 9 flower. What do you think?
          Finally, I DO hand-water (which sux) my girls and can realistically only get there once per day. I've read about 3-4 fertigations being optimal but it's just not possible with my setup etc. Should I ditch the Coco and go back to Soil?
          Thanks again mate.

Got an update. All these photos are taken from the plants in the previous photos.
        I was taking a clipping of a lower stem that was trying to bloom but I felt it was just unnecessarily using energy so I was getting rid of it. I saw some interesting banana shapes on the lower part of the cutting, yet the top part seems definitely like flowers. So then I started looking closely around at larger colas of that plant and another couple at the front. Took a big bunch of pics showing both what I think is weird and what looks like normal blooming. The context here is that growth has been slow. It's too cold in the tent too...
        Check out photos and let me know what you think. Is it possible to have flower on top and nanners down lower?

Comment

One more shot

Comment

I'm not an expert on hermies but I sorry to say but I believe that is what you have. This sounds bad coming from a guy but sometimes you can cut off all the man parts and save the plant. I've heard others doing this with a good outcome. It's a personal choice but if you save it just keep an eye on it because they can come back
            good luck 🍌😱
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            πŸ‘‡my one n only journalπŸ‘‡
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Ichibaniles81
              Ichibaniles81 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the comment. I was gonna hit the like button but I really don't feel it's a 'like' moment haha

• MeEasy
              MeEasy commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw something yesterday that might be good news those might be lady parts because they grow up. I believe these are little girl balls, if it was male balls they would hang down on a stem. This link shows the difference between the two. Sorry for the scare it wasn't intentional I remember seeing those same balls on alot of plants and never got seeds so I had to go research it then I couldn't find this feed to tell you what I found. Hopefully this helps you and you didn't kill the gal in the meantime....
              Good luck

• Ichibaniles81
              Ichibaniles81 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sweet as man, thanks so much I'll check it out.. πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Š

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X